Hey Gomezcat

Den-in-NH

Happy For Tom
Reaction score
I've had this terrible cold for lover a week now, coughing, sore throat, stuffy etc. - sucks big-time.

Anyways, my usual routine of 3-4 cups of coffee a day has been irritating my throat with this cold, so I've switched to tea for awhile. It has helped to sip on I find as far as my throat goes.

So far I've tried Earl Gray (good), Green Tea (good) and Chamomille (okay, but I need to add honey.)

Other than the honey I've been drinking them straight - no cream, milk, sugar or whatever.

So anyway the point is - and I know you have got to be a tea drinker, national drink and "cup o' tea?" and all that, so what do you recommend...?

I'm talking about flavor, but also anything you find particularly helpful in aiding with a sore throat.

Thanks brother.

Gomez soaks tea leaves in his dirty socks....

Are you sure you need to know more?:coffee:

I've had this terrible cold for lover a week now, coughing, sore throat, stuffy etc. - sucks big-time.

Anyways, my usual routine of 3-4 cups of coffee a day has been irritating my throat with this cold, so I've switched to tea for awhile. It has helped to sip on I find as far as my throat goes.

So far I've tried Earl Gray (good), Green Tea (good) and Chamomille (okay, but I need to add honey.)

Other than the honey I've been drinking them straight - no cream, milk, sugar or whatever.

So anyway the point is - and I know you have got to be a tea drinker, national drink and "cup o' tea?" and all that, so what do you recommend...?

I'm talking about flavor, but also anything you find particularly helpful in aiding with a sore throat.

Thanks brother.

Erm, not exactly being the most typical Limey in the world (you know, stuff like spending more time on Football forums than anywhere else), I'm afraid I don't know. I drink coffee by the bucketload. However, Mrs Cat drinks tea, so I'll ask her.

Erm, not exactly being the most typical Limey in the world (you know, stuff like spending more time on Football forums than anywhere else), I'm afraid I don't know. I drink coffee by the bucketload. However, Mrs Cat drinks tea, so I'll ask her.

You never cease to dissapoint me. :shake:

If you burst anymore of my preconcieved notions about the British, I will be thoroughly disappointed.

What's next - you're going to tell me that Monty Python isn't funny??

You never cease to dissapoint me. :shake:

If you burst anymore of my preconcieved notions about the British, I will be thoroughly disappointed.

What's next - you're going to tell me that Monty Python isn't funny??

Which version of Monty Python? African or European? ROFL

I do have some typically British traits- a propensity towards sarcasm, especially when I know that it is likely to go over the head of my victim; a love of the arcane rules of Cricket; an ability to infuriate my American colleagues by being blatantly patronising and snooty and so on. Mrs Cat will testify to my ability to be really, really annoying with my sarcasm. :bang:

Thanks brother.

I just asked Mrs Cat. She likes Lapsang Souchong and Chai. Lapsang Souchong is very smokey (similar to a peaty single malt in that respect).

For colds, however, she recommends ginger, honey and lemon.

I just asked Mrs Cat. She likes Lapsang Souchong and Chai. Lapsang Souchong is very smokey (similar to a peaty single malt in that respect).

What I always find amusing is when I hear people in places asking for "a Chai Tea"... Chai means Tea. Retards. :coffee:

I do have some typically British traits- a propensity towards sarcasm, especially when I know that it is likely to go over the head of my victim; a love of the arcane rules of Cricket; an ability to infuriate my American colleagues by being blatantly patronising and snooty and so on. Mrs Cat will testify to my ability to be really, really annoying with my sarcasm. :bang:

You're Hugh Grant? Well why the hell didn't you tell me?
Posted via Mobile Device

Ooooo. Ginger tea. :heart:
Posted via Mobile Device

Ooooo. Ginger tea. :heart:
Posted via Mobile Device

freckles-funny-ginger-gingers-harry-potter-red-hair-Favim.com-55629_large.jpg

Back