Hightower - Collins - Jones

BostonTim

IIWII
Reaction score
I'm sitting here waiting to hear that one of these key guys has been extended. I feel like we're all sitting in limbo waiting for the Journey to 2016 to begin. I'll get really jacked the minute anyone of them is on the books, though Jones remains my #3 in this group.

Anyway, go Patriots.

Cheers, BostonTim

Yes, Chandler really made a big mistake with his reefer ordeal along with not really continue to progress in his development as a DE pass rusher. It would not surprise me either to see the Pats trade him for someone who is further along in the pass rusher development phase. The other 2 should definitely be extended.... Go :patriotlogo:

I do not believe Collins can be extended yet.

Not sure if you mean "can't" as in not eligible under league rules or "won't" because he thinks he shouldn't yet for business reasons. If the former, my understanding is that he IS eligible if he and the Pats so choose. Maybe someone can clarify it for us.

Cheers, BostonTim

I believe he is still under his rookie deal. I also believe he has to have 3 years in the books before he can be extended. It is my understanding that he can't be extended until his 4th year. The new league year starts in a few weeks.

Or maybe if they extended TFB, that might get the ball rolling and lift my spirits a bit. :coffee:

Cheers, BostonTim

Or maybe if they extended TFB, that might get the ball rolling and lift my spirits a bit. :coffee:

Cheers, BostonTim

Presumably TFB+'s deal free's up some cap space to make these deals happen.

yes, I am not a Chandler fan, add in his mistake at the police station and I am fine keeping the other two and letting Jones walk.

I like CJones just fine but he'll demand too much $$ on the open market. I've seen estimates anywhere from $12-15M/ which is crazy to me. BB already planned for this by signing Sheard and drafting Grissom/Flowers. Also consider that Edge is a much easier position to replace in BB's read and react defense than OLB.

Keeping Hightower & Collins is key. It's won't be the first time they traded a star DE. Remember they got a 1st for Richard Seymour. I do like the depth we have at DE. Shreed, flowers & Grissom.

I like CJones just fine but he'll demand too much $$ on the open market. I've seen estimates anywhere from $12-15M/ which is crazy to me. BB already planned for this by signing Sheard and drafting Grissom/Flowers. Also consider that Edge is a much easier position to replace in BB's read and react defense than OLB.

I forgot to mention the Pats will get a 3rd or 4th comp pick if Jones is allowed to walk. ;)

I like Jones but he disappears, he has always been about the money (you can be but keep it between you and Bill) and this half naked episode of Cops really has me wondering because his Brother has an issue with substance too.

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

I forgot to mention the Pats will get a 3rd or 4th comp pick if Jones is allowed to walk. ;)
but trade him and get possibly a higher pick than those.

btw, can comp picks can now be traded?

Does the Raiders or TB want jones. We could get Doug Martin . Who I think would be a great fit in this offense .

Thought Martin was a free agent.

I wonder why he was never on the potential pats targets . I take him over ivory , Forte or morris. He can catch out of the back field. Does have that hard running style .

Back