How do you watch the game?

How do you watch the game?

• Cable/Satellite

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Antennae

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Commercial streaming service - specify (like YouTubeTV, Sling, Hulu Live, etc)

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Mobile platform through VZW or Yahoo or something.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A misc stream found online (like Reddit streams)

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I don't watch. Radio only.

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
Poll forthcoming.

I am currently using YouTubeTV for NFL.

I've been stuck watching YouTube live reactions during the game. I could probably find a FREE live stream if I searched 20 places. But after losing my job at the hospital. I pretty much have food money and that's it.

I've been stuck watching YouTube live reactions during the game. I could probably find a FREE live stream if I searched 20 places. But after losing my job at the hospital. I pretty much have food money and that's it.

Someone will usually post a link to a live stream. I am sorry to hear about your job. I think most National TV games can be streamed from Yahoo for free as well.

Someone will usually post a link to a live stream. I am sorry to hear about your job. I think most National TV games can be streamed from Yahoo for free as well.

Ok cool thanks I'll check it out.

Kinda begrudgingly YoutubeTV. I tried Sling for a month when YTTV hiked up their price, then found out Sling doesn't carry all the local channels. Tried using locast and random streams for the first couple NFL weeks...and discovered YTTV is still worth it just for the unlimited DVR alone. Wish they would stop bloating their basic package but I being able to skip up to 2 hours worth of commercials and downtime each game makes the viewing experience so much better. And still manages to be cheaper than cable though it's getting close

Try NFLBite, they have multiple streams for each game and you can usually find a winner

Kinda begrudgingly YoutubeTV. I tried Sling for a month when YTTV hiked up their price, then found out Sling doesn't carry all the local channels. Tried using locast and random streams for the first couple NFL weeks...and discovered YTTV is still worth it just for the unlimited DVR alone. Wish they would stop bloating their basic package but I being able to skip up to 2 hours worth of commercials and downtime each game makes the viewing experience so much better. And still manages to be cheaper than cable though it's getting close
They also seem to have the best quality of any streamer I've tried. I hate spending the money for it.

Sent from my US Robotics Courier Dual Standard using Tapatalk

They also seem to have the best quality of any streamer I've tried. I hate spending the money for it.

Sent from my US Robotics Courier Dual Standard using Tapatalk

Yep, definitely the best I've found so far. Also, while I'm not enamored with YTTV's interface, it is miles better than Sling's.

time delayed on my DVR.

I found a code to reprogram one of the buttons for 30 second skip forward, not fast forward, it just jumps 30 seconds forward.

So I let the game record for 15 - 20 minutes so i can skip the commercials.

I also do my own instant replays in slow mo.

I watch games that are broadcasted on TV. If not there are always streams to watch. Although yesterday I had a stream that seem to skip on the biggest plays. I literally missed the fumble caused by Gilmore because of the stream. I missed Hoyer's first int. I missed Harris' big run and Stidham's second pick...

I have Fios TV, so usually watched that way, but being unable to attend games I went in a different direction this season. My concept was to hold tailgate parties in my backyard.

To make that happen, I recently bought a 5000 lumens digital projector and a 10 foot screen (stretchy fabric with grommets to attach it with). I use a Roku Ultra connected to the projector by HDMI cable along with a wifi range extender set up on my deck (via coax) to keep the signal strong. I set up a 10X10 popup down near my firepit (50ft from house) that holds the screen, hung tarps to keep the screen protected from the wind and had folks over to watch the Chiefs game.

It was my first attempt at a night Pats game that way because daylight really messes with the picture quality and I was very pleased with the results. Everybody loved the system. The downside to it is that there is a slight choppiness to the action at times and the projector is limited to a 720P HD picture, so it's not quite as clear as my regular 1080i HDTV. The upside is that the picture is absolutely huge, plenty bright and I found it to be a very immersive way to watch a football game. You can see details in game action not possible on a smaller screen.

FWIW, the projector and screen cost me a total of about 120 bucks and I already had the rest of the gear. Well worth it. I'm looking forward to trying a 4PM game in a few weeks when the sun starts setting earlier and making it a regular event.

I have Fios TV, so usually watched that way, but being unable to attend games I went in a different direction this season. My concept was to hold tailgate parties in my backyard.

To make that happen, I recently bought a 5000 lumens digital projector and a 10 foot screen (stretchy fabric with grommets to attach it with). I use a Roku Ultra connected to the projector by HDMI cable along with a wifi range extender set up on my deck (via coax) to keep the signal strong. I set up a 10X10 popup down near my firepit (50ft from house) that holds the screen, hung tarps to keep the screen protected from the wind and had folks over to watch the Chiefs game.

It was my first attempt at a night Pats game that way because daylight really messes with the picture quality and I was very pleased with the results. Everybody loved the system. The downside to it is that there is a slight choppiness to the action at times and the projector is limited to a 720P HD picture, so it's not quite as clear as my regular 1080i HDTV. The upside is that the picture is absolutely huge, plenty bright and I found it to be a very immersive way to watch a football game. You can see details in game action not possible on a smaller screen.

FWIW, the projector and screen cost me a total of about 120 bucks and I already had the rest of the gear. Well worth it. I'm looking forward to trying a 4PM game in a few weeks when the sun starts setting earlier and making it a regular event.

Very, very cool, man.

Back