How long has Patsfans been down?

BradyManny2344 on 01-14-2008 at 12:36 PM said:
Patsfans board still down for me, FYI, hope the Planet doesn't mind my presence in the meanwhile.

Not at all. Welcome (back).

As far as Sox boards, we opened one last year trying to get the same kind of feel for a Sox board that we have here. Not super busy yet, but there are a core of dedicated users there. Feel free to drop by at soxplanet.

I used to spend a bunch of time on other football boards of other teams, but I just can't stomach too much of it this year after the camera rule violation. Way too much ignorance out there.

Vito Babe on 01-14-2008 at 01:38 PM said:
Like BF80 said, some of us got here because of an outage (loooonnnnnggggg one, couple weeks?) on Patsfans back in Nov. 06.

Nah, it wasn't that long. Just a day or so around the Colts game.

Undertaker #59* on 01-14-2008 at 01:47 PM said:
Not at all. Welcome (back).

As far as Sox boards, we opened one last year trying to get the same kind of feel for a Sox board that we have here. Not super busy yet, but there are a core of dedicated users there. Feel free to drop by at soxplanet

Thanks for the welcome and the soxplanet recommendation.

Front page message from Ian:

We are currently working with our technical team to get the messageboard back up and running following our server outage last night. In the meantime please check back here at the front page periodically for updates, as we expect to have it back up and running later this afternoon. - Ian

pats1 on 01-14-2008 at 10:55 AM said:
I recall it being up and down for days. I was having a new lawn put in, front and back, and I was home for several days overlooking it, and the Planet here helped me keep my sanity. Nothing wrong with that, and Patsfans has been very solid since.

Vito Babe on 01-14-2008 at 02:04 PM said:
I recall it being up and down for days. I was having a new lawn put in, front and back, and I was home for several days overlooking it, and the Planet here helped me keep my sanity. Nothing wrong with that, and Patsfans has been very solid since.

It was down for several days. Then it came back for a while and went down again.

It took almost two weeks before everything was back to normal.

I come here when PatsFans is down. I like it here but the board needs a modernization with newer features like Bolding Unread Threads and showing the first line of a thread when the subject is moused over.

BelichickFan on 01-14-2008 at 02:12 PM said:
I come here when PatsFans is down. I like it here but the board needs a modernization with newer features like Bolding Unread Threads and showing the first line of a thread when the subject is moused over.

Are you taking Mr Blazes job?ROFL

Those things are in the works. Don't know a time line, but the software here will eventually be upgraded.

Unread threads do have a different icon though.

pats1 on 01-14-2008 at 01:55 PM said:

As I remember it, it was longer than a day. It was at least three days and it seems like more than that.. but then again, my memory is always kinda hazy. I just seem to remember that I couldn't get back on for a while, so that's how I ended up staying here long enough to start to enjoy the vibe..

Ahh the old DNS Attacks of '06. The olden days. lol

ParanoidPatriot on 01-14-2008 at 02:12 PM said:
It was down for several days. Then it came back for a while and went down again.

It took almost two weeks before everything was back to normal.

That's about how I remember it, Nut.

Did MrBlaze tell you to say this??

:banghead:

>)

ROFL :D

ParanoidPatriot on 01-14-2008 at 02:13 PM said:
Are you taking Mr Blazes job?ROFL

You beat me to the joke, damn you!

That's what I get for opening four reply windows at once. I didn't see the other replies before submitting my own.

:banghead: :banghead:

Brownfan80 on 01-14-2008 at 11:20 AM said:
Did MrBlaze tell you to say this??

:banghead:

>)

ROFL :D
It is what it is, buddy :)

UPDATE: We are nearing completion with our messageboard restore following our server outage last night. In the meantime please check back here at the front page periodically for updates, as we expect to have it back up and running in the next couple of hours. - Ian

Why do so many people complain about bolded threads and unread threads, etc.,.?

I have never had a problem figuring out what was new.

The simple solution? POSTWHORE!! If you're a postwhore (like myself) then you carpet-bomb a bunch of threads when you show up, and then you leave, and when you come back you can just scroll down to the last post in which you were the last poster, and work your way up from there. :coffee: :D

Ah, the crash of Nov 06 brought me here too.

Good luck Ian, Pats 1 and all. Hope its resolved really soon.

edit: Im not cleaning up this place again. Took me two days to get that...stuff...off the ceiling. And who doesn't remember to flush!!!?!!!:mad:

BelichickFan on 01-14-2008 at 01:12 PM said:

Once we upgrade our server and software, will be able to have our site go down for days at a time? This being up most of the time gets everybody pretty bored... I kid, I kid.

shirtsleeve on 01-14-2008 at 06:11 PM said:
edit: Im not cleaning up this place again. Took me two days to get that...stuff...off the ceiling. And who doesn't remember to flush!!!?!!!:mad:

It's not the forgetting-to-flush that bothers me. I still want someone to explain to me: how do you get feces on the OUTSIDE of the toilet bowl?!? :Eason:

Back