Humble Pie Shirts

THEY ARE AVAILABLE AT BOB STORE'S

from Dale and Holley WEEI.com

Adalius Thomas then joined in to talk about his "Humble Pie" shirts, which are available at Bob's Stores, with proceeds going to various charities and to talk about his season and to congratulate Vince[/quoet]

It worked for me.

I was wondering what that shirt looked like and it is pretty cool. I heard Dale Arnold saying that his was really nice the other day and I wish I knew about it a month ago so I could have put it on my christmas list.

The website doesn't seem to be fully up, but it was cool to see the shirt. Thanks.

NO MORE HUMBLE PIE! ALL OTHERS MUST BOW TO THE 2007 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS!

The Patriots can rest now that they know that a perfect season & Super Bowl victory are all sewn up at this point.

HUMBLE PIE? WHY?

Patriot Mania on 12-20-2007 at 12:38 PM said:

The Patriots can rest now that they know that a perfect season & Super Bowl victory are all sewn up at this point.

HUMBLE PIE? WHY?
:rolleyes:

HUMBLE PIE? WHY?

I believe it might have been Rodney who said rookies are to be seen, not heard..... Now I know why.:patriots!

HUMBLE PIE? WHY?
Hey, Pats fans: The wins may not be forever
Andrea Adelson | From the Press Box
December 20, 2007

Hey, Patriots fans. Take a good look at these Miami Dolphins. Because one day, this will be you.

So savor each and every win on the road to joining the 1972 Miami Dolphins as the only unbeaten teams in NFL history. But also learn from what happened after that record-breaking season.

Because as great as it was for the Dolphins to go undefeated, that season planted the seeds of disappointment to come. What else is left after winning all your games? Nothing. All you can do is crash back down -- while raising expectations that every year can be magical.

Granted, it took 25 years for the bottom to completely fall out for the Dolphins. It looks like there might be some hope on the horizon now, with Bill Parcells apparently coming to Miami for a front-office job. But it will take years to fix this mess. Now, it might take a generation before the Patriots are in the same bind. But the moment will come, and then you will realize you have taken winning for granted.

Dolphins fans certainly did. Winning became an afterthought, because these were the mighty Dolphins, one of the winningest franchises in all of sports. They had Don Shula pacing the sideline, and all those amazing greats, from Csonka to Mercury to Griese.

The teams of the '70s set the standard for consistent success. Losing was for teams like the Bucs.

But over time, those good feelings about winning seasons started turning into bitterness, then anger, then disillusionment. All of a sudden, going 10-6 was awful. Finishing 9-7 was the end of the world. Forget the joy of making the playoffs. The Dolphins could barely figure out a way to win one game in the postseason.

Miami might as well have been losing the way fans reacted. Nothing was good enough. Because they saw no hope for the future. No hope for Super Bowls.

"We took excellence as an entitlement," says Jim Mandich, who was on the 1972 undefeated team and now broadcasts Dolphins games on the radio. "The curse of being great is being just good enough. . . . 10-6 looks miles away right now. We reflect back on those years as the glory days now."

The Patriots will one day, too. Bill Belichick and Tom Brady and Randy Moss will leave, and then what? Every franchise goes through cycles. Unfortunately for the Patriots, this is as good as it is going to get. The Dolphins learned that the hard way, looking back 25 years at consistency that will probably never be matched.

I know, the Patriots have been bottom dwellers in the past. But this group of Patriots has flipped the standard, making winning a given. Does it even look like the Patriots are savoring each victory? The players look like drones, just like Belichick. No joy in their eyes. No sense of what it means to really win a game.

It takes bottoming out for the once exalted to appreciate how great it feels to win. That is why grown men hugged and cried after the Dolphins beat Baltimore last Sunday. That is why Mandich and his radio partners Joe Rose and Jimmy Cefalo yelled at the top of their lungs in unison, screaming over each other until finally one voice rang out, "The Dolphins have won the football game!"

Their call was enough to make you giggle, find it on the Internet and replay it over and over. Who would have thought a proud franchise like the Dolphins would appreciate winning a football game this much?

This has been a miserable season for Miami -- but one that stays with you because of what you discover. Going 10-6 every year is not so bad.

So consider this a lesson, Patriots fans. When your team starts to struggle, try not to get too frustrated. Savor the victories a little more.

Patriot Mania on 12-20-2007 at 02:26 PM said:
I am savoring it. You people are jealous.
no sir, i am very happy about our bucs being NFC SOUTH CHAMPS, i wish the patriots all the luck in the world, enjoy it while it lasts.

buccaneernut on 12-20-2007 at 02:24 PM said:
December 20, 2007

Hey, Patriots fans. Take a good look at these Miami Dolphins. Because one day, this will be you.

So savor each and every win on the road to joining the 1972 Miami Dolphins as the only unbeaten teams in NFL history. But also learn from what happened after that record-breaking season.

As the old saying goes:

Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

Trust us when we say that we've savored the past 7 seasons. There have been ups and downs (more ups than downs) and we all know that it will end someday. But until they end, I plan on enjoying every moment.

I look forward to being an old man, holding my grandchild on my lap, looking through all the momentos I've collected from this era and telling stories of the things I've seen.

Excuse me, my allergies must be acting up. My eyes are getting all misty :crying:

bideau* on 12-20-2007 at 02:37 PM said:
As the old saying goes:

Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

Trust us when we say that we've savored the past 7 seasons. There have been ups and downs (more ups than downs) and we all know that it will end someday. But until they end, I plan on enjoying every moment.

I look forward to being an old man, holding my grandchild on my lap, looking through all the momentos I've collected from this era and telling stories of the things I've seen.

Excuse me, my allergies must be acting up. My eyes are getting all misty :crying:
very good post, you have class sir.

*mikiemo83 on 12-20-2007 at 09:07 AM said:
THEY ARE AVAILABLE AT BOB STORE'S

from Dale and Holley WEEI.com

Adalius Thomas then joined in to talk about his "Humble Pie" shirts, which are available at Bob's Stores, with proceeds going to various charities and to talk about his season and to congratulate Vince[/quoet]

Is that the only place you can purchase them? I went to their website but it doesn't appear that they do online orders.

Its definately a very cool shirt.

December 20, 2007

blah blah blah

I know, the Patriots have been bottom dwellers in the past.

blah blah blah

So consider this a lesson, Patriots fans. __________________

Seriously, what is this writer smoking.

A lesson on something we know all too much about? A lesson on that "journalists" are becoming like lawyers, they're letting anyone become one these days?

What lesson are we supposed to learn exactly that we already don't know?

December 20, 2007

Well, I remember the bad days, so I'm definitely enjoying the good right now. How quickly people forget that the Pats were the laughing stock of the league for 35+ years. :rolleyes:

In any event ---> :Lwelcome:

Patriots4ever* on 12-20-2007 at 06:03 PM said:
Well, I remember the bad days, so I'm definitely enjoying the good right now. How quickly people forget that the Pats were the laughing stock of the league for 35+ years. :rolleyes:

In any event ---> :Lwelcome:
thanks, go bucs

Back