I am so disappointed......

Ras

Prolate Spheriod Fan
Reaction score
in many members on this board.

Hey, I understand it hard taking this loss to the NYG, but to be reading some of the shit you guys are posting, well, let me say I am so disappointed in most you.

I am taking this loss hard too, but I'm not saying the the NFL is rigged, or I'll never follow this team anymore, or this one sucks or someone else is to blame. (I notice that no one, so far, is making excuses for the loss as there are none.)

My wife always told me to to take a step back before I act or speak after something bad happens to me. May I suggest you all take a deep breath and think. Think about the entire season. Beter yet, go to bed and sleep it off. Tomorrow will be here before you know it as will the 2008 season.

Amen Ras.

Plus drinking and posting don't go together either.

yup, i agree with u bro.
som people r taking this pretty dam badly, this is a forum, so its not like u don't hav any contorl of u post, u can just spulter somthing out

I apologize for anything written by me tonight or any of the coming weeks. Don't take it seriously Ras

My wife is going to reap the benefit of so much hate-sex in the coming days, she's going to be praising the Giants front-four by next weekend.

PLEASE FIND OTHER OUTLETS, PEOPLE. NO ONE FEELS BAD FOR US AND WHEN WE WALLOW, THEY WILL MOCK PATRIOT NATION THAT MUCH MORE.

i am going to not post until baseball season i think, just to clear my head and not say anything i regret

only thing i regret is that there wasn't any release for all the bs this team had to endure all season. only to come up short feels hollow to me. maybe i'll better in the morning. i don't know.

Ras* on 02-03-2008 at 11:49 PM said:

Hey, I understand it hard taking this loss to the NYG, but to be reading some of the shit you guys are posting, well, let me say I am so disappointed in most you.

I am taking this loss hard too, but I'm not saying the the NFL is rigged, or I'll never follow this team anymore, or this one sucks or someone else is to blame. (I notice that no one, so far, is making excuses for the loss as there are none.)

My wife always told me to to take a step back before I act or speak after something bad happens to me. May I suggest you all take a deep breath and think. Think about the entire season. Beter yet, go to bed and sleep it off. Tomorrow will be here before you know it as will the 2008 season.

My sentiments exactly. The Pats have won 4 out of the last 8 Superbowls. We arent allowed to feel sorry for ourselves. We will be back next year. The better team won this game; it's not like the pats had a huge lead and choked- the Giants outplayed them and deserved to win. All you ****ing Whiners need to get some perspective on things,

The Patriots will be back. Book it.

Annihilus on 02-03-2008 at 11:51 PM said:
Amen Ras.

Plus drinking and posting don't go together either.

I take offense to that. I have drank an awful lot tonight and I like to think I have been pretty level headed. :D

Ras makes a good point though.

It sucks losing. It's easy to lose one's focus on the big picture.

My mother told me last night not to do anything stupid if the Pats lost and I thought she was crazy. There was no friggin' way the Pats were losing tonight.

My mom will be happy tomorrow to know I ate my humble pie and turned all eyes towards next season.

Not gonna lie, I exploded at a couple of people that I call close friends because of text messages I received after the game.

But then I took some time, took a deep breath, and apologized. It's a game, the team I support didn't win, and I continue living and breathing and in good health. I hate the "there's always next season" mentality, but what else can ya say right now? I'm proud of this team and everything they accomplished. Let everyone else say that they're chokers and whatever else they'll say. I'm always going to look back at this season fondly, even with the unfortunate "1" in the final game.

My fellow Pats fans- take a deep breath, and know that this team WILL be back.

Ras* on 02-03-2008 at 11:49 PM said:

I applaud you for being able to remain to moderated about all of this, that's just not how I am feeling. I supposed once my shipment of Fukitol arrives I will feel marginally better. Do I think howling at the moon will change what happened? No. But I do know that for whatever reason, and time might be part of it, I feel better after having vented.

I still can't believe the team managed to bungle something that could have been so magnificent (even a scrappy win by hanging onto the 4 point lead) and turned it into what will probably be remembered as the biggest choke in all of sports -- or at least the NFL. I wasn't into baseball much during the "Buckner" choke, so I don't know if this hurts more or less for those of you who were. All I know is that this is a truly emotional and surreal experience.

I really don't think I can invest as much as myself in this team next year as I did this year -- I feel fatigued and drained by this loss. Call me fair weather, maybe thats what I am, but I am also just being honest. It's not like I am going to go off and become a Giants fan, but I just don't have the energy to get into this again...or at least it feels this way now.

Ironically, our loss to Indy last year got me invigorated about the team and made me excited about what could be. I just don't see how things could be any better next year than they were this year -- we had EVERYthing going for us and let it all slip right through our fingers.

fukitol.jpg

#1Patsfan_chica on 02-03-2008 at 08:59 PM said:
Well said Ras.
Turning my attention to the Red Sox, and, yes, the Celtics. As for the Patriots, it's going to catch up to all teams and coaches, no matter how great. You can't win them all. Pats still have three more titles than I realistically expected. I suspect Bill Belichick will start planning for next season pretty damn quick.

Re: Re: I am so disappointed......

Mr. Happy Sock on 02-04-2008 at 12:00 AM said:
My sentiments exactly. The Pats have won 4 out of the last 8 Superbowls. We arent allowed to feel sorry for ourselves. We will be back next year. The better team won this game; it's not like the pats had a huge lead and choked- the Giants outplayed them and deserved to win. All you ****ing Whiners need to get some perspective on things,

The Patriots will be back. Book it.

We won four of the last eight? Sweet, i musta missed one. No need for me to argue with a fellow fan, but when you say were not allowed to feel sorry, I think we are. Sorry we don't see clearly, but seeing that lose makes me pretty damn sorry for myself

#1Patsfan_chica on 02-03-2008 at 08:59 PM said:
Well said Ras.
Turning my attention to the Red Sox, and, yes, the Celtics. As for the Patriots, it's going to catch up to all teams and coaches, no matter how great. You can't win them all. Pats still have three more titles than I realistically expected. I suspect Bill Belichick will start planning for next season pretty damn quick.

Gotta love you some Ras... Thank you sir for your words of reason. Everybody needs to take a deep breath. Personally, after the game I just did a google on baby seals being beaten and voila, the loss of a football game is much less painful.

But really folks. This is a football GAME. I totally went off and said FU to some Cowboy fan A-holes that text messaged me, but guess what? They did not have an interest in this football game tonight. Their team was not good enought to participate. Ours was.

How in the FUK was this a choke? It was a close game from the start and the Giants pulled it out. It's not like the pats were up 21-3 midway through the second quarter, driving for yet another score, and then simply ran out of gas to a Manning-led team............oh wait..........

But seriously- There was no choke in this game. It was a GREAT game played by the 2 best teams in the NFL, and the best team won. There's always next year........

Oh and as far as any other fan giving you shit, unless they are a Giants fan they can GFT. If it IS a Giants fan, but him a beer and tell him that his team was the better one..............today.

pookie on 02-04-2008 at 12:12 AM said:
But really folks. This is a football GAME.

I somewhat disagree: a game is what you play with your kids that doesn't involve millions of dollars -- well actually billions of dollars. What we saw tonight were millionaires doing business. One group of millionaires made a better deal with the banker -- but the group that had made 18 winning deals in a row somehow forgot how to make one more winning deal --- the MOST IMPORTANT deal of them all. So this wasn't some lighthearted game of catch in the backyard and it IS about winning, not about everyone getting medals for trying their best.

Back