Iditarod 2016

AkPatsFan

Reaction score
Every year (except last year) for the last 5 years I've had the good fortune to watch the beginning of the Last Great Race from a front row perspective. We didn't watch it last year because the snow levels were too low and the race started in Fairbanks, which is a 350 mile drive from my house.

This year there is good snow all the way to Nome and the trail is in the best conditions that they have seen in years.

My wife and I, along with many of our friends are dog lovers so this is a big deal for us and being Alaskan's, we enjoy sharing this event with the world. I've got many, many pictures of a lot of the dog teams from over the years but these pics are from this years race.

I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed taking them.

The last picture is of the Alaska Range with Mt Denali off to the right. I took this picture on the ride out back to our friends cabin.

Fantastic photos, last season on Yukon men they should bits of the race.

That was due to the race being started in Fairbanks. It never goes through there otherwise. Lots of good dogs come out of Tanana that run other races in Alaska and Canada. We're pulling for Team Battle Dawgs which is team #20, it's for a good cause to help vets struggling with PTSD.

Great pictures.
We once had a pure bred Huskie and that dog was not happy unless it was working. We used to hook up the kids' sleds to the dog and let them run.

Awesome pics, thanks for sharing!

Excellent pics! Thanks for sharing.

Gorgeous scenery and beautiful animals.

Massachusetts had it's little day in the sun back when Susan Butcher was winning in '86, '87, '88 amd '90. Most of us have been a little interested or more ever since. Really cool photos, thanks. :thumb:

Cheers, BostonTim

Susan Butcher was one of the best to ever race the Iditarod, she's inspired many of todays racers to pick up the sport. I'm sure she's looking down on the racers with a huge smile on her face.

That's some real deal bad ass shit right there! I live in sunny Florida but I always find myself watching Buying Alaska... So beautiful. When I hit the Lotto I'm definitely getting me a bad ass log home to chill in and watch 2 things, The Patriots and the northern lights (while smoking some northern lights)

We're not bad ass enough to ride sled dogs to the race, we prefer to use a much faster and more comfortable ride to get there and watch.

Thanks for sharing very cool!

~Dee~

And it's Dallas Seavey again. He's now Tom Brady (4 titles) to his dad Mitch's Peyton Manning(2 titles). Cool. Great story of Family tradition.

Cheers

That guy that ran into King and Zerkel was charged with 11 different counts and not a 1 of them was DUI, even though he admitted to being drunk at the time.

Dallas plays hard and trains hard and I'm not surprised he broke the record with the trail being in such great shape. He could tie Rick Swenson with a record 5 wins in the Iditarod but next March is a long ways away. And this is the second time he's broke the record for time. Congrats to Dallas and his team!

Back