In Search of Home Made Spumoni

PatrietteAz

Trouble Needs a Home
Reaction score
Savannah and I torture ourselves as often as possible by watching "Cake Boss". We recently saw an episode where they made home mead spumoni and I HAVE to try to find a place while in Boston this weekend that makes this from scratch like I saw.

Anyone know? *drools*

Savannah and I torture ourselves as often as possible by watching "Cake Boss". We recently saw an episode where they made home mead spumoni and I HAVE to try to find a place while in Boston this weekend that makes this from scratch like I saw.

Anyone know? *drools*

Hmmmmmm......

Not sure if the alcohol in the mead will freeze in the spumoni :coffee:

Hmmmmmm......

Not sure if the alcohol in the mead will freeze in the spumoni :coffee:

Oopsie.:) I can focus on NOTHING NADA waiting for this game!

Guess I will have to google this subject and do some hunting.

There are two excellent italian bakeries on Hanover St. I would try them. If they don't have it, I doubt anyone does.

There are two excellent italian bakeries on Hanover St. I would try them. If they don't have it, I doubt anyone does.

I think you might be thinking of Mike's Pastries and Caffe Vittoria. Mike's doesn't have it, and Vittoria only has gelato, I believe.

Good deal, Patsload. I'll try to get her over to Polcari's after we go to the Bruins game tomorrow!

I also just noticed that comment was from 2008 so call and make sure they still serve it :D

Didn't find the spumoni but every bite of food we had in the North End was orgasmic. I had the sole at Francescas and it was SOO good I swear when I get settled in Denver I am going to learn how to cook like that. UNREAL.

Cappucinos at Vittoria with sambuca UNREAL. But the best thing were the pistachio cookies from Modern Bakery which I liked a LOT more than Mikes. I ate four in one night could not stop!

MR and PFL took me to Five Guys too. I proceeded to down a double cheeseburger and fries and then had a Boston Cream cupcake ..which bakery was that PFL?

MD and I had dinner late after the game at Atlantic Fish House on Boylston it was good. Fish stew had a fennel taste and it was surprisingly good. I think MD's chowdah was decent too.

Chowder and Lobster salad at Legal at Logan was a great way to end the weekend of happiness and gluttony. And somehow? I lost weight. I LOVE BOSTON!! hehee

Didn't find the spumoni but every bite of food we had in the North End was orgasmic. I had the sole at Francescas and it was SOO good I swear when I get settled in Denver I am going to learn how to cook like that. UNREAL.

Cappucinos at Vittoria with sambuca UNREAL. But the best thing were the pistachio cookies from Modern Bakery which I liked a LOT more than Mikes. I ate four in one night could not stop!

MR and PFL took me to Five Guys too. I proceeded to down a double cheeseburger and fries and then had a Boston Cream cupcake ..which bakery was that PFL?

MD and I had dinner late after the game at Atlantic Fish House on Boylston it was good. Fish stew had a fennel taste and it was surprisingly good. I think MD's chowdah was decent too.

Chowder and Lobster salad at Legal at Logan was a great way to end the weekend of happiness and gluttony. And somehow? I lost weight. I LOVE BOSTON!! hehee

It was Ivy's Bake Shop (formerly White's Pastries).

You ate more than any human of the female variety should be allowed. ROFL

It was Ivy's Bake Shop (formerly White's Pastries).

You ate more than any human of the female variety should be allowed. ROFL

:rockon: I literally think that is the most I ever ate in one sitting. I think MD's eating is contagious..beware! It was bomb!

LOL where did you dig that lovely shot up? OK so I am a piggie..;)

That is a great shot! Worth a million words!! ROFL

I read this thread before I went to the city for errands and it gave me such the sweet tooth. I had to settle for this, though. Pretty happy about it!
imgres

That is a great shot! Worth a million words!! ROFL

I read this thread before I went to the city for errands and it gave me such the sweet tooth. I had to settle for this, though. Pretty happy about it!
imgres

Power of suggestion is strong with sweets yo! :)

Power of suggestion is strong with sweets yo! :)
With most things!

Lobster is now targeted- we almost went to a sushi restaurant that makes a killer tail the other night but they were closed. This pic doesn't help that either!

Back