January 19, 2002

Pape

Reaction score
The Snowbowl ! was at this game ... section 12, row six ... my ugly mug is one of those blurry faces in the crowd

d1YbOp3.jpg

BYNQG4Y.jpg

742bydF.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

part 2

182svld.jpg

GWrX1Cb.jpg

aKK8ppt.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

part 3

y7x40Zg.jpg

rK9TpW8.jpg

sXPGK9D.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

part 4

cFwvOxt.jpg

p4V2qgk.jpg

AQRrvmD.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

part 5

GLHuGYh.jpg

NsU0dEV.jpg

2gZylfa.jpg

I was in section 308, row 6 (I still have the ticket stub).

:party:

The beginning of the greatest dynasty the NFL will ever see. 2 decades of dominance.

sweet ...

we deep fried a turkey that day for our tail gate ... it was awesome

What I remember is that the snow started just as we pulled into the lot. The flakes were huge. And the parties were going on like I had not seen in all the years I had been going.

The other memory is not seeing he tying kick. From where I sat, the ball went into the snow and we couldn't see it. It wasn't until those in the end zone started celebrating that we knew it had gone through.

What I remember is that the snow started just as we pulled into the lot. The flakes were huge. And the parties were going on like I had not seen in all the years I had been going.

The other memory is not seeing he tying kick. From where I sat, the ball went into the snow and we couldn't see it. It wasn't until those in the end zone started celebrating that we knew it had gone through.

yes... the snowflakes ... they were magnificent

Section 12 was in the south end zone, lol... So that was us, who watched the kick go thru the uprights, who started screaming like maniacs ...

I remember looking at my wife after the tuck rule call and saying "holy shit, we're going to the Super Bowl."

I was watching with my then 1 1/2 yr old son and thinking "we never get those breaks". until then I always thought the Pats would get screwed or do something dumb and blow a big game. That made me think better days were ahead

yes... the snowflakes ... they were magnificent

Section 12 was in the south end zone, lol... So that was us, who watched the kick go thru the uprights, who started screaming like maniacs ...

Great pics, Pape. Thanks for the memories. It was a special night for everybody. Possibly the Birthday of "Pats Nation" because prior to that it was a pretty exclusive club.

I had some Hawaiian ladies out to the house as dinner guests just before Christmas. They were friends of my Sister, and wanted to experience a New England Christmas and we'd just been hit with a decent dumping of snow.

So, we were just talking about snow in general, which most of them had never seen before and I explained that most of the time it's just nasty and miserable, but.....every once in a while it's amazing......and I told them about that game.

The biggest, most perfect, slowest-falling snowflakes I ever did see where I was. Almost zero wind. Just perfect looking and those pics brought it back.

I was trippin' on ecstasy watching the game alone and when they won the world outside exploded with excitement. People screaming, hooting and hollering and diving into snowbanks.

One of my greatest memories.

Now, that was the day a dynasty was truly born.

you can always tell who was at the game ... and who is pretending they were at that game ...

the way those in attendance talk about the snow, you just know

I was trippin' on ecstasy watching the game alone and when they won the world outside exploded with excitement. People screaming, hooting and hollering and diving into snowbanks.

One of my greatest memories.

Now, that was the day a dynasty was truly born.

Lmao...that would have been fun!

Section 308, I think row 22. It's all been said. The snow was really neat, the kind that sticks. Walking up the cement slope before the ticket entrance, a drunk dude slipped down, It was a typical Foxboro Stadium from back then!

The game goes on, the snow continues. Jerry Rice/ Tim Brown/Gannon. 7-3. 10-3. 13-3.

Brady exuberantly gets up, and falls back down, after his exciting TD run! 13-10.

Brady fumbles. Game over. Then..a review. Brady in passing motion as he is hit.

2nd down-more snow passes/Patten/Wiggins. The kick is up....does he make it? Ref's hands signal Field Goal is good! Vinatieri is the greatest of all time. The Pat's will not lose now.

Overtime...Anowain Smith with the awesome run near the end. Vinatieri sets up for the winner....in the crazy snow. I looked to my left and forward at the scoreboard. It prematurely says Patriots 16, Raiders 13. Whoops!

Snow Angels, the train back to Providence, trying to warm up and dry out. The car is completely covered with heavy snow! Get home, take off the clothes, finally warm up and dry out...What a game and night!

It was practically a whole life ago. We go through many changes-but there is always Tom Brady, Adam Vinatieri, and one of the greatest Patriot's game of all time. Maybe The greatest Patriot's game of all time.

It's easy to forget that it was the final game at the old dump.

The Snowbowl ! was at this game ... section 12, row six ... my ugly mug is one of those blurry faces in the crowd

d1YbOp3.jpg

BYNQG4Y.jpg

742bydF.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

part 2

182svld.jpg

GWrX1Cb.jpg

aKK8ppt.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

part 3

y7x40Zg.jpg

rK9TpW8.jpg

sXPGK9D.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

part 4

cFwvOxt.jpg

p4V2qgk.jpg

AQRrvmD.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

part 5

GLHuGYh.jpg

NsU0dEV.jpg

2gZylfa.jpg

Great sequence of photos! So much awesomeness and joy for us to remember all our days.

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

An unexpected bonus game. Is there a more perfect way to pull down the curtain?

We did win the last few games there (going back in time: Oakland, Miami, Cleveland, New Orleans). I had to look that up...

The last loss in Foxborough was to the Rams. Even though we lost, that was a good game. The only other loss at home was the home-opener against the Jets. And I contend That was a good game too....

We've had a few great snow games at Gillette since then. The Dolphins game in '03 was a classic - the one with pics of fans throwing snow into the air. The trouncing of the Cardinals ('08 I think) 47-0 and the annihilation of the Titans ('09) 59-0. The last good snow game was 2012 vs the Dolphins in the last game of the season but it was maybe only 25% of the snow as the Snow Bowl game. Brady is unbeaten in those big snow games & I've been hoping for another classic snow game for years but no such luck.

We've had a few great snow games at Gillette since then. The Dolphins game in '03 was a classic - the one with pics of fans throwing snow into the air. The trouncing of the Cardinals ('08 I think) 47-0 and the annihilation of the Titans ('09) 59-0. The last good snow game was 2012 vs the Dolphins in the last game of the season but it was maybe only 25% of the snow as the Snow Bowl game. Brady is unbeaten in those big snow games & I've been hoping for another classic snow game for years but no such luck.

The Miami '03 game was insane. Foxboro had about 2 ft of snow, just getting to the game was an adventure, finding a place to park was near impossible and then most people had to clear their seats by hand. The game was at 4:30. If it had been a 1:00 game, I think the stands would have been near empty since the roads were impassable that morning. State officials were asking people not to attend the game. But I believe nearly 50,000 still made it.

We have a thread somewhere in the archives about it. It was the first time most of us had ever heard about a Delmarvan Cyclogenesis.

I was in Indiana watching with a bunch of Colts fans who didn't hate the Pats yet. They were actually all happy for me when the Pats were winning. That changed a bit!

FQex.gif

Back