Jets and Patriots: What a matchup!

blitz4life

Reaction score
Fello Jet fan here. I just wanna say that I hope both teams do well and put up a good fight. I expect nothing short of all around perfection from the Patriots this week but I still gotta root for my team. Let's see if Pennington can throw deep this week and get some long TD's, something he has yet to do. Brady should look clutch and get things done but not many people know about our improved D this year. Good luck and God bless

Well, I'm not sure if "fellow Jet fan" is the way to introduce yourself properly, but welcome anyway.

Since you mentioned the Jets improved D I wonder if you would share your views about DeWayne Robertson's play so far this year.

I know he is widely considered a bust outside of NY, but I have been fairly impressed with him in the little I've seen.

D-rob has been doing better of late. Don't expect any deep passes Hackett our OC doesn't do that at all.:banghead:

blitz4life said:
Fello Jet fan here. I just wanna say that I hope both teams do well and put up a good fight. I expect nothing short of all around perfection from the Patriots this week but I still gotta root for my team. Let's see if Pennington can throw deep this week and get some long TD's, something he has yet to do. Brady should look clutch and get things done but not many people know about our improved D this year. Good luck and God bless

Sorry about not introducing myself cus I didn't want to waste a thread.

About Dewayne Robertson, he is much improved since last year. The guy is penetrating and disrupting the run more, something he did barely any of last year. The main thing is Shaun Ellis and John Abraham. When those two get going, teams are forced to run it up the middle and thats when Fergy and Dewayne come in handy

Another Jet fan.. (Sorry, we are like rats, just coming out of the warf).

My whole family lives up in Mass so I had to call my sister in law and start the "week of smack talk" with her. :)

They are pretty calm up there, couldn't get her riled up or anything.

BZ

This will be a most exhilirating foot-balling contest. Sorry Jets fans, overall I think NE is the better team, but having home field for this one will definitely help us.

BwanaZulia said:
Another Jet fan.. (Sorry, we are like rats, just coming out of the warf).

My whole family lives up in Mass so I had to call my sister in law and start the "week of smack talk" with her. :)

They are pretty calm up there, couldn't get her riled up or anything.

BZ

So mind to explain how you became a Jets fan? Stories are always interesting...

smallguy said:
D-rob has been doing better of late. Don't expect any deep passes Hackett our OC doesn't do that at all.:banghead:

smallguy.. Nice avatar. Love Green Day.

But this Sunday who will be the American Idiot after being Jaded by the Pats Brain Stew defense? Welcome to Paradise Jets fans. I'm pretty sure that Pennington will feel like a Chump when the Pats defensive ends are Coming Clean. But In the End it'll be like Pulling Teeth for the Jets to move the ball. She will be frustrated and wishing the Pats would just F.O.D. by late next Sunday......

BionicPatriot said:
So mind to explain how you became a Jets fan? Stories are always interesting...

Probably not too interesting. :)

While I was born in Mass and the rest of my family lives in Mass, I moved with my mother to NYC when I was pretty young (8ish?).

Never got into Football until I was at school in Upper State NY during the "Bills" years. I used to bet in the weekly bar pools (betting and beer sounded good) so would watch the games on Sunday to see how I did. Still didn't have a team.

I spent a year overseas after school and when I came back moved into NYC. The Jets were 1-15 I think that year and my boss at the time was a huge Jets fan (used to come to work in his Jersey) and I got into it. The Giants were very popular and the Jets were losers so it seemed like an easy choice.

Since then, with every year, I have become a bigger and bigger fan. Now I am a season ticket holder and married to a Dolphin fan who is almost as crazy as I am (althought not this year, she is a sad girl :( ).

Basically, we are an AFC East Family. Thanksgiving and X-mas are always interesting as we banter about Football as we eat quickly to go watch the game in the other room. :)

BZ

pookie said:
smallguy.. Nice avatar. Love Green Day.

But this Sunday who will be the American Idiot after being Jaded by the Pats Brain Stew defense? Welcome to Paradise Jets fans. I'm pretty sure that Pennington will feel like a Chump when the Pats defensive ends are Coming Clean. But In the End it'll be like Pulling Teeth for the Jets to move the ball. She will be frustrated and wishing the Pats would just F.O.D. by late next Sunday......

Thanks. Green day is my favorite band. This is a Warning. Watch out Martin your run D has not been that great this season. Martin just might give you a Basket case. The jets have been Waiting for this game for long time. And I bet they are hungary to win. John Aberham is doing great this season and might Suffocate Brady.

smallguy said:
And I bet they are hungary to win. John Aberham is doing great this season
Um, your boys should try to get back to the States before game time. Tell Herm this is no time for a field trip.

And who is John Aberham, anyway? New signing?

I think li'l Bill will have a few defensive schemes worked up to contain our very own "Benedict Arnold" who goes by the name Curtis... :p

Oedipus Tex said:
Um, your boys should try to get back to the States before game time. Tell Herm this is no time for a field trip.

:LOL:

Not sure why I found that particularly funny...does that make me uppity?

I guess if you're a Bills fan, it would. These Jets guys are downright geniuses compared to those other guys. At least these guys are personable.

No offense to the visitors.....just making an observation (and a suggestion to use spell-check if you got it.....we have plenty of members of the spelling and punctuation police hiding around every corner - of which I am one. Sometimes.).

Oedipus Tex said:

I am a bad speller. I meant John Abraham.

Admitting to bad spelling and not getting defensive about it?

Complimentary posts about the Pats?

Pleasant and cordial demeanors from all the new trolls?

WHO THE HELL ARE YOU GUYS AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE REAL JETS FANS?

I'm on to you weasels. Something is fishy here. ;)

Hawg73 said:

The only thing fishy is the smell of dead Dolphin in Miami.

Seriously folks...

We might be Jet fans, but we are not crazy. We are approachig this game tentatively as it will put everything we have seen in the first 5 weeks to the test.

Ok, fine.... Jets 1,120, Pats -10.

:)

BZ

Hawg73 said:

:toast: to our new guests but I agree with you Hawg ..they seem way too cordial here (looked at hawgs post to spell cordial :p )

I hear too many people ( in the real world) saying that pennington is better than Brady. I'm dumbfounded as to how they came to this mindless comparison. Pennington is looking like a GOOD QB and should get better over time but Opie has nothing on what Brady has accomplished! show me poise and at least 3 AFC Championships then I'll put Opie in Brady's class.

NOTE: the comments i am referring to are not from any posters here friend or foe .just imbeciles Ive had the misfortune of dealing with in person.

PA_PATS_FAN54 said:
I hear too many people ( in the real world) saying that pennington is better than Brady. I'm dumbfounded as to how they came to this mindless comparison. Pennington is looking like a GOOD QB and should get better over time but Opie has nothing on what Brady has accomplished! show me poise and at least 3 AFC Championships then I'll put Opie in Brady's class.
[/B]

No way you are getting me into a Chad vs Tom debate. There are about three of those a week on JI. Very boring.

If you go by rings and winning, there is no choice but to say Brady is better.

If you go by raw ability, brains, schemes and precision, I think Chad is up there and gets it.

But, the name of the game is SB rings, so until we have been there and done that, it is really a moot point.

BZ

Can't agree with you on that one BZ. Tom has gone into battle against some of the league's best and proven he has more than enough ability, brains and precision to snatch victory from the flaming jaws of defeat.

Pennington is among the league's best, give me him over Manning anyday (if for no other reason that Chad at least doesn't whine when he gets his butt kicked), but he's no Tom Brady. Close, but no Tom.

TrueBeliever said:
Can't agree with you on that one BZ. Tom has gone into battle against some of the league's best and proven he has more than enough ability, brains and precision to snatch victory from the flaming jaws of defeat.

Pennington is among the league's best, give me him over Manning anyday (if for no other reason that Chad at least doesn't whine when he gets his butt kicked), but he's no Tom Brady. Close, but no Tom.

nuff said :thumb:

Back