Joe Montana = Boston Red Sox

Shmessy

Reaction score
.......and nobody in Boston is insane enough to claim the 21st Century Red Sox Dynasty is better than that of the Patriots.

Think about it, Montana fans/Brady detractors!

.......and nobody in Boston is insane enough to claim the 21st Century Red Sox Dynasty is better than that of the Patriots.

Think about it, Montana fans/Brady detractors!

There's no Sox "dynasty". Between the 4 Series championships, there have been some awful seasons. For me, dynasties also mean consistency.

There's no Sox "dynasty". Between the 4 Series championships, there have been some awful seasons. For me, dynasties also mean consistency.

Tell that to the Brady Detractors who claim getting to 4 SBs is better than getting to 9 SBs.

You're making my point.

A perfect 4-0 doesn't win any real arguments. .......even we 4-0 in 15 years Sox fans aren't as delusional as the 4-0 over 16 years Montana backers.

In fairness to Joe I think he was 4-2 in title games, and probably would have gone to 5 S.Bowls in 90 if it wasn't for a Roger Craig fumble against the Giants. But certainly Brady has been more consistent with less talent for the most part. Watching Celtics game.

In fairness to Joe I think he was 4-2 in title games, and probably would have gone to 5 S.Bowls in 90 if it wasn't for a Roger Craig fumble against the Giants. But certainly Brady has been more consistent with less talent for the most part. Watching Celtics game.

He has only been to 6 title games?

He has only been to 6 title games?
Did he go to one with KC against Bills in 93? Maybe I forgot one. That would be 4-3 if he did. Yes Chiefs lost to Bills. Brady's 13 games obviously blows that away. The NFC was a lot tougher then. Brady's 13 will probably never be broken. One of those records.

Did he go to one with KC against Bills in 93? Maybe I forgot one. That would be 4-3 if he did. Brady's 13 games obviously blows that away. The NFC was a lot tougher then. Brady's 13 will probably never be broken. One of those records.

People are now saying that the rules that Brady plays under are far different than the ones Montana played with.

People are now saying that the rules that Brady plays under are far different than the ones Montana played with.

I would have to say that's true. Quarterbacks are more protected now then in Montana's time. But it also unfair to say Brady wouldn't have been as great then. Different era's.

There is some truth to this...although, the overall advancements in competition is also much greater now.

The rules benefit the offense.

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

I would have to say that's true. Quarterbacks are more protected now then in Montana's time. But it also unfair to say Brady wouldn't have been as great then. Different era's.

Exactly...

Montana didn't have to lose his weapons yearly because of cap restraints either. Also, rules are relevant, you have bigger and faster guys now, if they had the same rules, people would die. If you took defenses today and put them in 1987, it would scare the hell out of teams.

Montana won 4 in 9 years. The 16 is if you are counting 5 with Young.

Also, he was never going to play in the 1990 Super Bowl because he got hurt in that NFCCG and missed all of 1991. It would have been Young if the 49ers beat the Giants.

Montana faced Belichick in the playoffs 3 times in total.
You should look it up, its not pretty.

In 52 Super Bowls there have been 10 Game Winning Drives.
Brady has 4 of them.
Montana has 1.

Also there is this:
The 49ers cheated their asses off and have all admitted it.
Sticky Rice
Smashing headphones with scripted plays
Silicone on jerseys
Player compensation shenanigans

By comparison, the Patriots were standing in the wrong place according to a memo and Goodell pretended the laws of physics don't exits.

Tell that to the Brady Detractors who claim getting to 4 SBs is better than getting to 9 SBs.

You're making my point.

A perfect 4-0 doesn't win any real arguments. .......even we 4-0 in 15 years Sox fans aren't as delusional as the 4-0 over 16 years Montana backers.

Bradshaw was 4-0 in Super Bowls as well. If that's the basis of the argument why is he never mentioned in the GOAT conversation? :shrug_n:

Bradshaw was 4-0 in Super Bowls as well. If that's the basis of the argument why is he never mentioned in the GOAT conversation? :shrug_n:

4 titles aside, he just doesn't belong there. 52% completions, 212 TDs 210 Ints

Cheers

Can someone explain to me the meaning of that argument??????

Brady is beating QBs who are playing under the SAME, CURRENT rules.

It's not like he has an advantage over his current competitors.

His win percentage is against QBs who enjoy the same rules.

Why isn't someone on the Montana side of the argument bemoaning how tough it used to be on his rival QBs under the old rules??????

4 titles aside, he just doesn't belong there. 52% completions, 212 TDs 210 Ints

Cheers

That was actually meant to be a rhetorical question to show the absurdity of the argument.

Can someone explain to me the meaning of that argument??????

It goes like this. Person X is a puny pathetic loser who feels personally damaged by Brady's success. They pretend that because Montana held on to the ball for a month before Marshall killed him in 1990 that Brady would do the same thing. They believe that old-school was much harder because stupid QBs got pounded often.

Marino played in 240 of a possible 260 starts but Brady could not do the same because the person making the argument does not want to be wrong and data that disputes his argument is just ignored.

... then the same idiot later tells you that LeBron is the goat because he is bigger and stronger with 2000s nutrition and training. :shrug_n:

It goes like this. Person X is a puny pathetic loser who feels personally damaged by Brady's success. They pretend that because Montana held on to the ball for a month before Marshall killed him in 1990 that Brady would do the same thing. They believe that old-school was much harder because stupid QBs got pounded often.

Marino played in 240 of a possible 260 starts but Brady could not do the same because the person making the argument does not want to be wrong and data that disputes his argument is just ignored.

... then the same idiot later tells you that LeBron is the goat because he is bigger and stronger with 2000s nutrition and training. :shrug_n:

The thing people don't get, is. There were no 280 pound players running 4.6 40's, if I just picked up a top 5 defense today and plopped them down against the niners in 1985, there would be dead players on the field. Rules are relative. Its not easier or harder its just different. Do you know what that Rams line would have done to the niners line in 1989? Montana would have died on the field.

Back