Josh Freeman

MAYHEM

Reaction score
The last 2 QB's from kstate that went pro went to the Patriots--Michael Bishop and Streve Grogan. Grogans number is the only # kstate has ever retired BTW.

what do you guys think about Josh Freeman going so high in the draft? Do you think he's worth it? Bucs traded up to get him.

I remember him being the top high school QB recruit three years ago. He played in a pro style offense at kstate and his size is ideal for an NFL QB (6-5 250lbs)....but besides that I dont see the hype.

Ive watched him plenty and i dont think he makes good decisions nor is his arm accurate. He didnt really play well for kstate but that may have something to do with the talent around him.

I say ... blah. It didn't strike me as much of anything to be honest. He didn't impress me in college, and a lot of mediocre qbs look good in college. So let them have hope, I wouldn't have done it.

I guess he was smart to come out this year because the draft was very weak in all around talent. If he stayed in school he would probably be a 2nd round pick next year.
No chance he would go before Bradford, Tebow & McCoy.... It will take Freeman at least solid three years to figure out the NFL. Maybe longer.

I guess he was smart to come out this year because the draft was very weak in all around talent. If he stayed in school he would probably be a 2nd round pick next year.

yeah, it was smart on move his part. the main reason he went to kstate is because he knew ron prince was implementing a pro style offense and that would help his chances at the next level. his mind has been on nfl payday for a while.

Bishop was supposed to take over Bledsoe's job... wasn't he?:rolleyes:
I dont know. i remember bishop throwing a hail marry at the end of the half against the Colts though. i also thought the announcers said he broke some passing record too...maybe longest td pass for a NE qb.

I dont know. i remember bishop throwing a hail marry at the end of the half against the Colts though. i also thought the announcers said he broke some passing record too...maybe longest td pass for a NE qb.

I remember a lot of the fans were wanting Bishop to start.

He def. had some talent.

I think he was in the Bethel Johnson mold.

A ton of talent, sans intelligence.

Back