Just spreading the word

ladypatsfan

Reaction score
from Patsfans.com:
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=31654

Fight For Your NFL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

call these greedy pigs and demand that they get something done, NOW. spread these numbers around to other boards and get fans on the horn.

National Football League Players Association at 800-372-2000

New England Patriots 60 Washington Street Foxboro, MA 02035 (508) 543-8200

Note: the person who started this thread at patsfans.com had some additional information:

Quote:
The Pats want faxes if you have the means to send one

The NFLPA put me through to Gene Upshaw's assistant's voicemail.

Make some calls yourself - be calm and give your name but then get passionate.

I'm sorry, I can't do anything as I agree with the top tiered owners that want the bottom feeders to get off their ass and produce a product out there instead of putting money into their pockets and screwing the fans.

Personally, I always felt that if an owner doesn't show an effort to make his team be a winning product or at least a viable product, then after so many years, the league strip him of the team and sell it to another.

Too many team owners, like Bidwell, put a shitty product out on the field and money in their pocket. Don't they realize that they can make so much more when their teams win?

Another pet pieve.

Certain owners, Kraft among them, have put up personal cash to build a Stadium and have to make a debt service payment each month. Others, many of them currently crying poor mouth, have extorted taxpayer funded stadiums for which they pay little (if anything).

Any revenue sharing arrangement needs to recognize the economic value of these sweetheart stadium deals and factor that in as "revenue" subject to sharing, for the clubs that benefit.

I also would refuse to consider sharing my stadium revenue until the naming rights to "Paul Brown Stadium" are sold to the highest bidder.

not only that but Kraft was at the front with things like the web and PFW magazine - why should he be punished for thinking out of the box, while others sit with their thumbs tucked into the anal orifice

I agree with all of you.

I'm just letting you guys know that if you want to give the NFL a piece of your mind about this CBA business, there is a way that you can do it.

I stand firm with Kraft and I hope he sticks to his guns on this one.

Thanks for spreading the info, LPF. They need to get it done, the harm could be catastrophic if they don't.

Benign Despot said:
Another pet pieve.

Certain owners, Kraft among them, have put up personal cash to build a Stadium and have to make a debt service payment each month. Others, many of them currently crying poor mouth, have extorted taxpayer funded stadiums for which they pay little (if anything).

Any revenue sharing arrangement needs to recognize the economic value of these sweetheart stadium deals and factor that in as "revenue" subject to sharing, for the clubs that benefit.

I also would refuse to consider sharing my stadium revenue until the naming rights to "Paul Brown Stadium" are sold to the highest bidder.

Further to this they are not willing to take Mr.Kraft's debt into consideration. They only want a piece of the profits.

I love the NFL but I will not say anything negitive about the Patriots and the hard work of Mr.Kraft. If you build it they will come.

:banghead: I hope that all 3 parties (1. Players) ( 2. High class Owners that put a lot of money time & effort into their teams i:e Pats, Cowboys, Redskins) ( 3. Bottom feeder scumbag owners i:e Bengals, Bills and Cardinals) resolve the issues so the NFL doesn't end up like the other major sports. The NFL has the greatest sport in the world and they should realize it and get their heads out of their arses!!

Ras said:
I'm sorry, I can't do anything as I agree with the top tiered owners that want the bottom feeders to get off their ass and produce a product out there instead of putting money into their pockets and screwing the fans.

Personally, I always felt that if an owner doesn't show an effort to make his team be a winning product or at least a viable product, then after so many years, the league strip him of the team and sell it to another.

Too many team owners, like Bidwell, put a shitty product out on the field and money in their pocket. Don't they realize that they can make so much more when their teams win?

Ditto :thumb:

What we should do is harrass the bottom feeder teams to give in and leave the revenue sharing as is.

RichieM said:
:banghead: I hope that all 3 parties (1. Players) ( 2. High class Owners that put a lot of money time & effort into their teams i:e Pats, Cowboys, Redskins) ( 3. Bottom feeder scumbag owners i:e Bengals, Bills and Cardinals) resolve the issues so the NFL doesn't end up like the other major sports. The NFL has the greatest sport in the world and they should realize it and get their heads out of their arses!!

This is pretty much how I feel about this mess. I love the NFL's system of distributing revenue so that all teams have an equal chance, but agree that some teams (particularly the Cardinals) abuse it.

There's also something to be said about punishing teams for moving to smaller markets, which helps them but in the long run is a detriment to the league. Take the Oilers/Titans. Bud Adams claimed he couldn't field a top-tier team because of low stadium revenue at the Astrodome, so he moved to Nashville which promised a brand-spankin' new stadium with plenty of luxury boxes and club seats. But whereas this provided a lot of cash to the Titans, overall it was a blow to the league's bottom line due to lower TV revenues from moving to a smaller market.

This explains why, when the league was going to expand to 32 teams, it was decided to place the new franchise either in L.A. or Houston - the largest TV markets in the country without an NFL team. (And remember, they wanted like hell to put the team in L.A. but the stadium deal never worked out.)

What really concerns me is what will happen to the Packers. It's no secret I'm not very fond of them, but I would hate to see the club snuffed out because of politics. The Packers are a very devoted club; this past season's tragedy was due to poor management and bad decision-making rather than lack of effort. They also have a very devoted fan base and high merchandise revenue, but all that won't help if the NFL decides to go the MLB route.

I'm gonna call both #s.

Upshaw probably won't get my message cause I'm gonna tell him what a dipshit he is.

Kraft will probably get it cause I'm going to tell him not to cave because if he does, the overall product - the NFL - will be of lower quality than it has been.

ladypatsfan said:
from Patsfans.com:

ladypatsfan--
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! :)
I love it when someone gives me a way to take action!!! :thumb:
I will get on the horn and I will also get others to do so, as well... This is how things get done in America--a grass roots movement! Woo-hoo!! :thumb:
Come on, guys & gals! pick up the phone and make your thoughts known!!! We CAN make a difference. ~Peg :)

Back