Kicker/Punter scout the Prospects

MAYHEM

Reaction score
I have nothing to add, but would like to see what BoR can find. TIA

Indy already has two PKs?

For Punters, that kid from Michigan, Zoltan Mesko, seems like a good fit for Indy. NFL Draft Scout #1 ranked Punter. 6'4" 235

Leigh Tiffin, Alabama is NFLDS's #1 PK.

Stover and Vini wont be around much longer I don't think. Stover is 41 or 42. Vini hasn't been healthy, or thats the excuse at least.

The Colts are set at punter(he does the kickoffs too but should probably just concentrate on punts). I figure the Pats might need a punter though.

Alot of teams may be looking for kickers this year, not too hard a position to fill though.

Stover and Vini wont be around much longer I don't think. Stover is 41 or 42. Vini hasn't been healthy, or thats the excuse at least.

The Colts are set at punter(he does the kickoffs too but should probably just concentrate on punts). I figured the Pats might need a punter though.
I expect BB will bring in more Punters to push Hanson - assuming he's re-signed - but Hanson is still a pretty good bad weather kicker which is going to drive folks here nuts, but whomever takes Hanson's place is going to have to be able to directional kick and demonstrate an ability to handle the prevailing conditions of Gillette, Ralph Wilson, Giants (or whatever the new monstrosity will be called), and Landshark stadiums - the first three really make the kickers work.

How high does a solid punter prospect usually go Box?

6th or 7th, tops. I think most go undrafted. The only one I can think of, off the top of my head, that got drafted higher is Shane Lechler in the 5th. (but then again, the Raiders used a first round pick on Janikowski)

6th or 7th, tops. I think most go undrafted. The only one I can think of, off the top of my head, that got drafted higher is Shane Lechler in the 5th. (but then again, the Raiders used a first round pick on Janikowski)

That's what I was guessing.

But his booming kickoff production would probably push him higher, and it's not a strong need here with Ghost.

Huh? Still not seeing that looking back at it now.

That first column after year is the number at each position taken, not the round.
Code:
Round Sel # Player School Team

1 11 Russell Erxleben Texas New Orleans Saints

1 15 Steve Little Arkansas St. Louis Cainals

1 23 Ray Guy Southern Mississippi Oakland Raiders
:thumb:

Code:
Round Sel # Player School Team

1 11 Russell Erxleben Texas New Orleans Saints

1 15 Steve Little Arkansas St. Louis Cainals

1 23 Ray Guy Southern Mississippi Oakland Raiders
:thumb:
W.T.F.?

I have the punters taken listed on my link. In 78 the first punter taken was Johnny Evans at 2.11. In 79 the first punter taken was Eddie Hare at 4.24. The people you have listed there at those slots ....

Oh. They're kickers. I was just talking punters. Now I have to check the thread to see which one of us has the reading comprehension problem.

EDIT: woohoo It's you!

W.T.F.?

I have the punters taken listed on my link. In 78 the first punter taken was Johnny Evans at 2.11. In 79 the first punter taken was Eddie Hare at 4.24. The people you have listed there at those slots ....

Oh. They're kickers. I was just talking punters. Now I have to check the thread to see which one of us has the reading comprehension problem.

EDIT: woohoo It's you!
Perhaps, but I haven't looked at your link yet, I'm looking at GP's link, the title of which is "Punters Drafted in the NFL 1970-2008 by Year, Team, Round, College"

The compiler may have made an error, but I do believe I'm at least reading his compilation correctly. :harumph:

Now, looking at your site, there is no mention of this gentlemen who is listed on GP's site as a 1st round pick in 1979: http://www.nfl.com/players/russellerxleben/profile?id=ERX415291

Nor is the gentlemen listed as a first round pick in 1978 mentioned in your link: http://www.nfl.com/players/stevelittle/profile?id=LIT711924

GP's link at least identifies them as historical NFL players, and as Punters, and also has the correct year of their entry into the league as listed by the League's official web site, NFL.com. One listing matches the historical records provided by the NFL's official web site...and it's not yours. :doh: popcorn

:coffee: The nice thing about this is how much fun it is to be a Patriots fan arguing Punter history - I don't miss those halcyon days of Tony Eason and Rod Rust one bit.

Perhaps, but I haven't looked at your link yet, I'm looking at GP's link, the title of which is "Punters Drafted in the NFL 1970-2008 by Year, Team, Round, College"

The compiler may have made an error, but I do believe I'm at least reading his compilation correctly. :harumph:

Now, looking at your site, there is no mention of this gentlemen who is listed on GP's site as a 1st round pick in 1979: http://www.nfl.com/players/russellerxleben/profile?id=ERX415291

Nor is the gentlemen listed as a first round pick in 1978 mentioned in your link: http://www.nfl.com/players/stevelittle/profile?id=LIT711924

GP's link at least identifies them as historical NFL players, and as Punters, and also has the correct year of their entry into the league as listed by the League's official web site, NFL.com. One listing matches the historical records provided by the NFL's official web site...and it's not yours. :doh: popcorn

:coffee: The nice thing about this is how much fun it is to be a Patriots fan arguing Punter history - I don't miss those halcyon days of Tony Eason and Rod Rust one bit.
Pfft.

all players ever drafted as kickers

Back