Larry?

Normally I'd argue for the picks. You have to build and sustain thru the draft.

But there are exceptions.

A lot of factors here:

We're a very young team already.

There is a very large pool of quality players at positions of need at a reduced dollar value.

The number of new guys we have already waiting in the wings that didn't play a snap for us last season.

The Brady time window.

The opportunity to land a year in year out All Pro first ballot HOFer starving for his first taste of a championship.

Yeah. I think I'd be willing to go the Mario Williams method here.

Even on a good draft, if you look back and have 2-3 starters you are content. If you look back after this one and only have LF plus whatever UDFAs you hit, that's still way better than average . How would that compare to our '06-'07 drafts? At least with this we could say we swung for the fences in Brady's golden years.

I'm in!

Well my only point was if you are going in with a 1st and a second, are the 5th and two 7's really a deal breaker? lol...we are all dreaming anyway, so its fun.

@SportsWhispers: The #Patriots contacted the #Cardinals about the availability of Larry Fitzgerald.

Easy now kids. But boy would it be nice

@PatriotsHaven: The #Patriots have not contacted the #Cardinals about Larry Fitzgerald. #NFL

Ok Nvm...

larry fitz would leave a cap number of about $18M if he were traded - it ain't gonna happen.

Kent Somers ‏@kentsomers

oh, for Vikes fans dreaming of Fitz trade. not happening. @azcardinals like him for some reason. $15 m cap hit, too. Dreamin is free, tho

somers is the cardinals beat writer for the arizona republic

Back