Last images we saw of Adam, Troy, and Willie

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
Saw these three things on another board. Doesn't really mean anything, but...

A missed field goal
A muffed punt
An altercation on the sidelines

-----------------

They'll all be missed for the positives through the years (yes, I believe Troy is gone too), It is part of the NFL now that teams go through this.

I am actually looking forward to see what the new pieces will be. It has been awhile since we have had so much negative to talk about with this team. The future still seems bright to me, bring on the draft and the rest of free agency. This is going to be a very memorable offseason.

02-oldmn.jpg

Troy Brown: I'm not dead yet.

Pats fans, your team better get it goin. I see a quickly unraveling dynasty...possibly. I saw it happen with my Cowboys. An exodus of champoinship hardened vets. I dont see how a team so reliant on a field goal kicker lets the best in the business walk away. Being a Cowboys fan I dont watch the Patriots much, but Id never witnessed Vinatieri miss a fg until that last playoff game.

My jaw literally dropped i was that surprised to see him miss.

And off he goes to the colts. Wow.

Better watch out, that rebuilding year can turn into 3 or 4 rebuilding years in a row and before you know it, Tom Brady becomes a 34 yr old cap casualty.

Hey, it's my old buddy, AikmantoIrving!

One big difference between your 'Pokes after their 3rd SB and our Patriots:

Swtizer and J Jones vs. Belichick and Kraft

That's a first round KO. Things will be fine in Patriot-land despite the bumps in the road. Thanks for your concern.

Wandering Athol said:
Hey, it's my old buddy, AikmantoIrving!

One big difference between your 'Pokes after their 3rd SB and our Patriots:

Swtizer and J Jones vs. Belichick and Kraft

That's a first round KO. Things will be fine in Patriot-land despite the bumps in the road. Thanks for your concern.

Switzer was a joke. Still, theres no finer owner in the NFL than Jerry Jones. Things may very well be fine for the Pats, but history says otherwise. These dynasties do not last usually more than a total of 6 yrs or so. The Patriots just lost the man who single footedly won them 2 titles. Say what you will about the team putting Vinatieri in position to make those kicks, but Im not so sure any other kicker makes any of those kicks. The long one in the snow, the two title winners. Could you imagine trotting out Paul Edinger or someone else to nail those crucial placekicks? Good luck is all I can say. I hate kickers. They have way too much influence on the game but Vinatieri is the one kicker you cant let get away. If this is the type of decision making coming from the top of the organization, you're not in as good a shape as you think.

AikmantoIrvin said:
Switzer was a joke. Still, theres no finer owner in the NFL than Jerry Jones. Things may very well be fine for the Pats, but history says otherwise. These dynasties do not last usually more than a total of 6 yrs or so. The Patriots just lost the man who single footedly won them 2 titles. Say what you will about the team putting Vinatieri in position to make those kicks, but Im not so sure any other kicker makes any of those kicks. The long one in the snow, the two title winners. Could you imagine trotting out Paul Edinger or someone else to nail those crucial placekicks? Good luck is all I can say. I hate kickers. They have way too much influence on the game but Vinatieri is the one kicker you cant let get away. If this is the type of decision making coming from the top of the organization, you're not in as good a shape as you think.

It could be worse, we could be laying our playoff hopes on the arm of Drew Bledsoe and on the attitude of TO. This is why Dallas never went after Vinateri they will never be with in 3 points of a win in any playoff game in the near future. :thumb:

AikmantoIrvin said:

You are right about Adam making some big kicks for the Pats. But when you said there is no finer owner in the NFL I just have to know. Does your babysitter know your on the computer?

Mr NFLfan said:
It could be worse, we could be laying our playoff hopes on the arm of Drew Bledsoe and on the attitude of TO. This is why Dallas never went after Vinateri they will never be with in 3 points of a win in any playoff game in the near future. :thumb:

There's nothing wrong with placing your place off hopes in the hands of the two men who singlehandedly took your up until then sorry franchise to a Super Bowl. Yes, its 10 yrs later. Coaching is coaching and Parcells is still the best to ever coach in the NFL after Lombardi and Landry. There's nothing wrong with placing your playoff hopes in the hands of Bledsoe, the 5th leading passer in history, the man who is just as responsible for one of your titles as anyone else. Remember Bledsoe off the bench to save the day?

There's nothing wrong with laying your hopes in the hands of TO, a locker room cancer who dominates, DOMINATES on the field when he's happy. Guess what? He's happy. He got paid, and the impossibly big chip on his shoulder just got bigger. The same guy who torched the NE secondary in the SB. The only Eagle who showed up. I'll place my playoff hopes in a man with 10,000 yds and 101 TDs receiving, sure I will. Because this guy wont get too out of line. The Tuna wont allow it.

You might be right, we may not sniff the playoffs, but its gonna be hard to contain Owens, Witten, Terry Glenn (dont laff, 1000 yrds last yr.), and Julius Jones. I like these guys' chances as much as anyones.

Hemi_1 said:
You are right about Adam making some big kicks for the Pats. But when you said there is no finer owner in the NFL I just have to know. Does your babysitter know your on the computer?

Look at the wit on you. Impressive. Must be genetic.

Jerry Jones, is one of the best owners in the league. Definitely one of the most successful, influential and most respected owners out there. I wont bore you with the details cause im sure you dont care. But that guy has done more for the business side of the NFL than any other owner really. Anyhoo..

AikmantoIrvin said:
Coaching is coaching and Parcells is still the best to ever coach in the NFL after Lombardi and Landry.

:confused:

Says you.

Not to burst your bubble, but Pats fans have been there and done that.....Annihilus can say with 100% certainty that most every Patriot fan today wouldn't take Parcells over Belichick if you paid them. Most of them would also agree that Parcells has been a shell of himself since parting ways with Belichick. Yeah, he's a good coach...but a bit of the legend has been tarnished in the last few years of his team's mediocre performances.

AikmantoIrvin said:
There's nothing wrong with placing your place off hopes in the hands of the two men who singlehandedly took your up until then sorry franchise to a Super Bowl.

Hmmm...I thought they had 53-man rosters back then, and coaching staffs. I'll have to check the NFL archives and get back to you on that one.

Yes, its 10 yrs later.

The great thing is....Bledsoe's never looked more mobile.

Coaching is coaching and Parcells is still the best to ever coach in the NFL after Lombardi and Landry.

He's certainly got more jewelry than any current head coach west of the Mississippi I can think of....but not in his own division.

There's nothing wrong with placing your playoff hopes in the hands of Bledsoe, the 5th leading passer in history,

Since you love passing yardage stats so much, maybe you ought to follow the Colts?

the man who is just as responsible for one of your titles as anyone else. Remember Bledsoe off the bench to save the day?

You're obviously a Patriots' historian. I think he had to do as much with the Pats first SB win as Switzer had to do with the 'Pokes' last. In that much, we can agree.

There's nothing wrong with laying your hopes in the hands of TO, a locker room cancer who dominates, DOMINATES on the field when he's happy.

I agree with you 100%. So do the Eagles and their fans. I hope y'all (that's Texas talk) have the same success. :thumb:

Guess what? He's happy. He got paid, and the impossibly big chip on his shoulder just got bigger.

Thank God y'all (there I go again) play in an open-air stadium. How are the oxygen levels down there in Dallas? You feeling OK (assuming you're from the area, or are you one those folks who jumped on the bandwagon in the early 90s from Delaware or someplace like that)?

The same guy who torched the NE secondary in the SB. The only Eagle who showed up.

Help me out here. Do 2nd place finishers get rings?

I'll place my playoff hopes in a man with 10,000 yds and 101 TDs receiving, sure I will. Because this guy wont get too out of line. The Tuna wont allow it.

Have you pre-ordered a copy of his book yet? How 'bout seen his new rap video? Are you a member of his fan club? When are you getting your TO tattoo and matching condoms?

You might be right, we may not sniff the playoffs, but its gonna be hard to contain Owens, Witten, Terry Glenn (dont laff, 1000 yrds last yr.), and Julius Jones. I like these guys' chances as much as anyones.

Sounds like a great fantasy team. Thanks for the heads up!

Wandering Athol said:
Hmmm...I thought they had 53-man rosters back then, and coaching staffs. I'll have to check the NFL archives and get back to you on that one.

The great thing is....Bledsoe's never looked more mobile.

He's certainly got more jewelry than any current head coach west of the Mississippi I can think of....but not in his own division.

Since you love passing yardage stats so much, maybe you ought to follow the Colts?

You're obviously a Patriots' historian. I think he had to do as much with the Pats first SB win as Switzer had to do with the 'Pokes' last. In that much, we can agree.

I agree with you 100%. So do the Eagles and their fans. I hope y'all (that's Texas talk) have the same success. :thumb:

Thank God y'all (there I go again) play in an open-air stadium. How are the oxygen levels down there in Dallas? You feeling OK (assuming you're from the area, or are you one those folks who jumped on the bandwagon in the early 90s from Delaware or someplace like that)?

Help me out here. Do 2nd place finishers get rings?

Have you pre-ordered a copy of his book yet? How 'bout seen his new rap video? Are you a member of his fan club? When are you getting your TO tattoo and matching condoms?

Sounds like a great fantasy team. Thanks for the heads up!

Wow. Neat rebuttals there with the cool quote thingy!

I'd counter your counterpoints, but im not so good at message boardin... but i disagree wich u.

The last thing I remember about Willie is NOT an altercation on the sidelines.

It's a post season sack record.

Back