LoCast is gone, now what

I'd like to know this as well. I'm in TX trying to get the Pats games. From my understanding the only way is to buy the NFL pass, is this true?
I have never had the Gamepass, but looked into it briefly. And this is how it works I believe.

With a US IP address, you won't be able to watch any games live, but will be able to watch them as soon as the games are over.

If you spoof your IP to a European one, you can purchase that version of Gamepass (with an American credit card and billing address), and then you can watch the games live as long as you login with your Euro IP.

Again, I haven't tried it, but I have read of others that do. There may be a chance that certain VPNs will not work.

I no longer was because there is no more service. I believe in getting something for free means I am a frugal yankee born and bread. I paid until there was no more locast. I have always sung the praises of the service.
Ah, understand. Sorry for the misread on my part.

What I learned from my grandfather at an early age:

Use it up.
Wear it out.
Make it do.
Do without.

Now I'm 75, happily retired and determined not to leave too much money to my son. Old habits die hard, though, and even though I buy a lot of things that make me shudder when I pay for them, I still mind my $$$. Like BB, it's all about value, and I try to do what's best for my life. :D

Last edited:
I have never had the Gamepass, but looked into it briefly. And this is how it works I believe.

With a US IP address, you won't be able to watch any games live, but will be able to watch them as soon as the games are over.

If you spoof your IP to a European one, you can purchase that version of Gamepass (with an American credit card and billing address), and then you can watch the games live as long as you login with your Euro IP.

Again, I haven't tried it, but I have read of others that do. There may be a chance that certain VPNs will not work.
I believe there are two types of game pass, one good in the USA and one only good outside the USA. I get the USA gamepass because I like watching the all 22. Games I can watch about 3 hours after they end. But I was once in Guatemala during the last two weeks of the season, and gamepass wouldn't work. I had to use a VPN to make it look like I was back in the US. So my guess is that you can use VPN to spoof the NFL unless they have a dectector (I have to turn off my VPN to use some websites, including Amazon).

But I need to watch live. Now down to deciding between Youtube TV and FUBO.

I believe there are two types of game pass, one good in the USA and one only good outside the USA. I get the USA gamepass because I like watching the all 22. Games I can watch about 3 hours after they end. But I was once in Guatemala during the last two weeks of the season, and gamepass wouldn't work. I had to use a VPN to make it look like I was back in the US. So my guess is that you can use VPN to spoof the NFL unless they have a dectector (I have to turn off my VPN to use some websites, including Amazon).

But I need to watch live. Now down to deciding between Youtube TV and FUBO.
Right because when you created your account it was American based.

I used my VPN to give myself a Dutch IP and went to the sign up page. For like 200 euros or something, I could sign up for the live streams.

So if you create the account with a non-American IP and use that IP when you use the service, I believe it works.

I installed what is probably a 30 year-old antenna in my attic when I was in the process of cord cutting. The picture is phenomenal. I ran coax from my attic down to the cable splitter in my basement. On the one occasion where the cable was out for a day, I just swapped the two and had crystal clear over-the-air reception on every TV in the house.

You could probably find an old antenna on Craig's List or Facebook marketplace for short money (wouldn't shock me if you were even able to snag one for free).

so whats the best way for someone in the midwest to watch patriots games live?
So I did this a few years back and it worked like a charm.

Had to pay for DirecTV though.

Got the basic package. A month into the contract, I told them I was moving to New Haven, CT. Had a friend with a New Haven address. Used his address (before electronic billing).

Told them that I had a friend helping me install and I would call if I had issues.

Couple days later, told them I was good and could they update my service.

Boom. New Haven locals, Pats, Sox, Bruins and Celtics.

Back