Looking ahead to the Jets

WXP said:
I'd be surprised if you go 8-8

We probably will go 8-8. Which will make it all the sweeter when we pummel the Bills for two of those wins.

The Jets, on the other hand, are a dark horse this year....they've got real potential and we've got to watch out for those guys.

One word: Mangini.

Seriously... I'm not saying we'll win.... we are a complete unknown who has been bad for years....

But you guys got alot worse this offseason.....and the imporvments you did make are all sitting in the training room.....

You're not the team you were a few years ago......

Brady is a great QB, but even Joe Montana couldn't keep it up forever.....

Sorry... your confidence is unjustified.

WXP said:
Seriously... I'm not saying we'll win.... we are a complete unknown who has been bad for years....

But you guys got alot worse this offseason.....and the imporvments you did make are all sitting in the training room.....

You're not the team you were a few years ago......

Brady is a great QB, but even Joe Montana couldn't keep it up forever.....

Sorry... your confidence is unjustified.

We're not really all that confident Except for when it comes to beating the Bills

Alcoholic9 said:
You know, you make a good point. We should rest our starters and not take a chance on any of them getting injured. Our 2nd and 3rd string will be good enough to beat the Bills.

Frankly, with all the injuries we have sustained, I don't see how we can afford to risk playing Brady at all this week. I think this will be Matt Cassell's breakout game and will show he is the true heir apparent, once Brady's contract nears its end, and he continues with the Patriots/Menudo tradition of cycling out.

Can we all please focus on the task at hand and how we're going to attack the Jets?

Hopefully Gabriel will have caught on by then and we can spread it around, otherwise Mangini's D will just work on stuffing the run and we'll be gasping for points (especially without Vinitrator on the roster).

Hilarious guys.... this must be a great board with fantastic discussion.....

But can you honestly tell me:

a) You're not worse than last year....

b) You're not incredibly banged up right now.....

???

Because you seem awfully confident for a team that only went 10-6 in possibly the worst division in football, got its ass kicked by Denver, and then lost its entire recieving core, along with a slew of other free agents... no big names per se, but the depth that made the Pats great.....and now its new stud Wr and RB, Tedy Bruschi, possibly Ty warren, and who knows who else.....all injured, how can you possibly think a gimme victory over ANYONE is possible.....
?

WXP said:
I´d be surprised as well. I predict a 14 - 2 season with our only losses being our 2 games against the all mighty Jets who on the other hand will be 16 - 0.

In fact we will be 0 - 3 against the Jets this season since they are going to kick our a$$es in the play offs as well.

The Bills are a sorry team right now. This opening game is going to be a walk in the park for he Pats.

Enough about the Bills and on to more importent things.....The Jets i week 2.

WXP said:
Hilarious guys.... this must be a great board with fantastic discussion.....

But can you honestly tell me:

a) You're not worse than last year....

b) You're not incredibly banged up right now.....

???

Because you seem awfully confident for a team that only went 10-6 in possibly the worst division in football, got its ass kicked by Denver, and then lost its entire recieving core, along with a slew of other free agents... no big names per se, but the depth that made the Pats great.....and now its new stud Wr and RB, Tedy Bruschi, possibly Ty warren, and who knows who else.....all injured, how can you possibly think a gimme victory over ANYONE is possible.....
?

a) the Patriots are better this year than last year.

b) that's right, we're not incredibly banged up right now. Glad you pointed that out.

Last year was last year. This year is this year. They lost to Denver because of turnovers, and uncharacteristic Patriot football. To say they got killed is an understatement and damages your credibility immensely. How did the Bills do in the playoffs last year? We appreciate your concern for the Patriots, really, but you're team has bigger problems.

If I were in your position as a Bills fan, I would definately want one of these:

panic_button.jpg

WXP said:
Great thread...... you guys must have gotten alot better to be so confident of a victory.

I guess you've improved..... Maroney should run all....oh, ...er...sorry.

At least that speedster Chad Jackson will get a chance to break out.......'scuse me?

Oh well....you still have Bruschi, oh....him too?

Well....Superbowl MVP Deion Branch will be open all day against a suspect Buffalo D....right guys?

Get real.... you guys have done nothing but get worse on the field and on the sidelines......

On top of that, you're really banged up.....

You're not the class of the NFL anymore...stop acting like you are.....

Dude, we would have to be decimated for a few years before the Bills "give us a game".

Seriously, you guys are down there with the Saints, 49'rs and Texans.

Let me guess...you have a new system this year...just wait till the players "get it".

6th system in 7 years........

sonsofkraftybob said:
Dude, we would have to be decimated for a few years before the Bills "give us a game".

Seriously, you guys are down there with the Saints, 49'rs and Texans.

Let me guess...you have a new system this year...just wait till the players "get it".

6th system in 7 years........

You forgot to mention that the Pats receiver core has SOO much depth depth they had to sign a reject from the bills roster. I don't care how good Brady throws, if no one is there to catch it? Not to mention bills have very deep CB core. So anyway enough trash talk, we will see.

Brady could throw to an old lady and he'd still beat the Bills. That's if we're dumb enough not to rest him. More than likely you'll see Cassel on sunday.

I am worried about those Jets cornerbacks though. Hopefully our running game can pick up the slack week 2 because I don't see our recievers getting open much. :(

blah said:
You forgot to mention that the Pats receiver core has SOO much depth depth they had to sign a reject from the bills roster. I don't care how good Brady throws, if no one is there to catch it? Not to mention bills have very deep CB core. So anyway enough trash talk, we will see.

CORPS. Receiving corps.

The Pats have plenty of receiving options. We'll let you figure it out for now, or you can wait for Sunday. Either way.

BTW: nice screen name, this is what I thought when I first saw it ----> :blah: Fitting!

Patriots4ever said:
CORPS. Receiving corps.

The Pats have plenty of receiving options. We'll let you figure it out for now, or you can wait for Sunday. Either way.

BTW: nice screen name, this is what I thought when I first saw it ----> :blah: Fitting!

Hey, if you feel smart by correcting stratification be my guest. Hope that makes you feel "smart".

The screen name was picked based on my observation of the Cretaceous level of logic in this board.

blah said:
Hey, if you feel smart by correcting stratification be my guest. Hope that makes you feel "smart".

If by stratification you mean: the hierarchical or vertical division of society according to rank, then: Patriots > Jets > Miami > Bills.

If by stratification you mean rock layers.....then Annihilus got nothing.

I'm still waiting to hear how the Bills are going to decimate the Patriots this Sunday.

The way I see it.....last year, sure, Lostman may have been able to throw for 340 yds vs. the Pats (hell, everybody did early). This year, I'm guessing......not so much.

Personally, I'm already looking past the Bills, the thrills, the jets, the mets, Denver, clever, and the atlantic bottlenose porpoises.

I can't wait to see Favre Absolutely Light Up the Pay-tree-ahts.

It's gonna be a red letter day for the stinkheads

Back