Looking at the Patriots - 2021

Relax gents. The warning from the clown was for my post.

IIWII.

Nah, it was for all of them.

Didn't seem an unreasonable ask to me to maybe have this thread return to being about the 2021 Patriots. Instead of a topic that was guaranteed to be politically charged and go off the rails.

Crazy thought, I know. :shrug-n:

Nah, it was for all of them.

Didn't seem an unreasonable ask to me to maybe have this thread return to being about the 2021 Patriots. Instead of a topic that was guaranteed to be politically charged and go off the rails.

Crazy thought, I know. :shrug-n:
Plus, The Clown's first name is Brandon, so he doesn't want that taking off...

Absolutely jobbed. I still can’t believe Goodell cheated again. He said before the SB, they would look at changing the wording of the rule after the sB, but this is not a catch in 1991 or 2021.

Even in the title game vs Jax and they called that fumble on Dion Lewis, when it was clear he re-possessed the ball, that revenge was coming after the zoitt game.

As for Clement, the ball cannot be jostling around as a way to show possession.

It’s amazing to me we got jobbed on 4th and 2 and this one in the SB, when one guy shows final possession trapped to the chest, while the other shifts the ball from one arm to another where you can see space between his arm and the ball, with only 1 foot down. Plain as day.

It was actually great defense by Flowers, in a recovery position, but also careful not to interfere.

I can still see Steratore smirking as he helped cheat and gave the final call after “review”.

I have never seen such horrible officiating in a sb, until last year with Brady being handed a free 14 points before half.

Absolutely jobbed. I still can’t believe Goodell cheated again. He said before the SB, they would look at changing the wording of the rule after the sB, but this is not a catch in 1991 or 2021.

Even in the title game vs Jax and they called that fumble on Dion Lewis, when it was clear he re-possessed the ball, that revenge was coming after the zoitt game.

As for Clement, the ball cannot be jostling around as a way to show possession.

It’s amazing to me we got jobbed on 4th and 2 and this one in the SB, when one guy shows final possession trapped to the chest, while the other shifts the ball from one arm to another where you can see space between his arm and the ball, with only 1 foot down. Plain as day.

It was actually great defense by Flowers, in a recovery position, but also careful not to interfere.

I can still see Steratore smirking as he helped cheat and gave the final call after “review”.

I have never seen such horrible officiating in a sb, until last year with Brady being handed a free 14 points before half.

Seeing ghosts of Goodell in every corner doesn't seem much grounded in reality.

I had pen to paper to sign on for Marine OTC once upon a time. But I reflected on my deep, innate inability to follow orders at all, and certainly not immediately and without a clear understanding of why I was doing whatever it was, and decided it wasn't my best career path...
Wise move. Unlike Johnlocke's lady-soldier friends, basic trainees beat the crap out of people whose assholery got us into extra PT and night marches. Actually, it wasn't the fault of Johnlocke's friends, it was a failing of the DI's. Decades later I've come to realize there was a real purpose in punishing a platoon for the transgression of one soldier--to teach young men to obey orders immediately and completely, without thinking. This trait helped keep our soldiers alive the the other guy's soldiers dead. But it relied on the DI-assigned group punishment being severe enough for the platoon itself to mete out a blanket party or worse.

Wise move. Unlike Johnlocke's lady-soldier friends, basic trainees beat the crap out of people whose assholery got us into extra PT and night marches. Actually, it wasn't the fault of Johnlocke's friends, it was a failing of the DI's. Decades later I've come to realize there was a real purpose in punishing a platoon for the transgression of one soldier--to teach young men to obey orders immediately and completely, without thinking. This trait helped keep our soldiers alive the the other guy's soldiers dead. But it relied on the DI-assigned group punishment being severe enough for the platoon itself to mete out a blanket party or worse.

Oh, blanket parties were given aplenty. The abuse was often enjoyed much to the dismay of many. A little pain can be fun at times. 😅

Now explain to me the necessity of making us eat so much of horrible birthday concoctions to the point of puking, then demanding you were not a highly motivated soldiers if you didn't choke down all the puke til it was gone.

Or the sense of us having to carry rotten food in our pockets for days if we didn't finish our "free state banquets" in the allotted 3 minutes.

Or any of a myriad of crap actions by the drill instructors.

Don't get me wrong, I walked out of boot camp locked, loaded, ready hurt anyone who crossed my loved ones in any manner and found gears of motivation mostly through anger I never thought I possessed which I carry with me to this day. However a great deal of it all still seems pointless sadism.

Don't get me wrong, I walked out of boot camp locked, loaded, ready hurt anyone who crossed my loved ones in any manner and found gears of motivation mostly through anger I never thought I possessed which I carry with me to this day. However a great deal of it all still seems pointless sadism.
methinks you answered your own question here...🙂

methinks you answered your own question here...🙂
I did not gain that preparedness by eating my own puke, nor would I ever wish to be a blind rat to be disposed of athe whim of my superiors .in this man's military.

Yeah, I get you. The problem was 16 weeks of basic (8 basic, 8 AIT) to train us to be a soldiers rather than civilians, and nothing to untrain us when we got home. Left Vietnam and 46 hours later de-planed in California. Got a fresh uniform and a plane ticket home the same day. Only readjustment: The guy who gave me the uniform told me if I wanted to go into San Francisco before the flight to first stop in KMart and buy some civvies, that I'd get the shit kicked out of me if I showed up in uniform. Maybe, maybe not, but I just wanted to go home and have some pancakes.

Yeah, I get you. The problem was 16 weeks of basic (8 basic, 8 AIT) to train us to be a soldiers rather than civilians, and nothing to untrain us when we got home. Left Vietnam and 46 hours later de-planed in California. Got a fresh uniform and a plane ticket home the same day. Only readjustment: The guy who gave me the uniform told me if I wanted to go into San Francisco before the flight to first stop in KMart and buy some civvies, that I'd get the shit kicked out of me if I showed up in uniform. Maybe, maybe not, but I just wanted to go home and have some pancakes.

Truly sad return so many soldiers had from that war. I'm terribly sorry. You all deserved better.

Truly sad return so many soldiers had from that war. I'm terribly sorry. You all deserved better.
Well, I came home, I'm pushing 75 years old, disease free so far, and the VA is doing right by me now. Grateful and appreciating a good life with a woman who stuck by me for a lot of tough years. Life is good :D Thanks!!!

...of course it would be be better if the Pats would get their shit together. Offense, defense, special teams, coaching...something...

The game I am now dreading and it's been eyeing me for some time and after the loss last night it becomes crucial IMHO and that's the Miami game.

It's bad history, the memories of bad games and losses there along with the fact the Finns are finding form. We have to win out now. I think we take the Bills at home, get by the Jags and then a massive road game. The gd news is it will be almost an extra playoff-type game that will really test this team. We have to win that one. I think if we do, they will have momentum going into the playoffs.

The game I am now dreading and it's been eyeing me for some time and after the loss last night it becomes crucial IMHO and that's the Miami game.

It's bad history, the memories of bad games and losses there along with the fact the Finns are finding form. We have to win out now. I think we take the Bills at home, get by the Jags and then a massive road game. The gd news is it will be almost an extra playoff-type game that will really test this team. We have to win that one. I think if we do, they will have momentum going into the playoffs.
Even if we beat the Bills and Jags and lose to Miami we still take the East. But I see your point. To beat Buffalo, we're going to have to play much better than we did last night, that's for sure.

I never saw this video before. Manny of you might have. It‘s Bill and Josh talking about the Patriots v Rams SB and going over plays and what they were seeing from the Rams defense etc. You see both coaches standing in front of a huge projector with Bill on the Bellestator.

As one comment put it, “I could listen to these tow talk football all day”.

View: https://youtu.be/X8EdV0s8edg

Fins almost lost to the lowly Jets and go into New Orleans with crappy Tua next week.

Back