Mac Jones Is Our QB1

He’s a great teammate and leader and does all the right things. He’s getting ruined by hacks Joe Judge, Rothstein, and Patricia. Mac is regressing. Even yesterday instead of protecting him with a lot of power run, play action, screens, quick passes they immediately went back to the crappy slow developing chuck it deep offense which flat out sucks. Only 14 carries to the RBs was insanely stupid

DKF, you've established your dislike for the coordinators. You don't need to repeat it every single post.

Even yesterday instead of protecting him with a lot of power run, play action, screens, quick passes they immediately went back to the crappy slow developing chuck it deep offense which flat out sucks. Only 14 carries to the RBs was insanely stupid
They didn't, though. These are the plays they ran with Mac:
1/10: Run over LG
2/10: Short pass
3/11: Target int/long pass (3rd and long), Mac scrambles.

1/10: Run middle
2/7: Short pass
3/10: Draw, run offtackle

1/10: Deep pass
2/10: Run offtackle
3/5: Target short/int pass, Mac scrambles
2/6: Short pass
1/10: Run offtackle
2/9: Target short pass, Mac scrambles
3/1: Run middle
1/10: Short pass
2/10: Int pass, intercepted

I caught a lot of heat in this thread for pointing out that Mac is average at best this past offseason.

Bart Scott just had a great rant about how Belichick is being completely exposed without great QB play.

I caught a lot of heat in this thread for pointing out that Mac is average at best this past offseason.

Bart Scott just had a great rant about how Belichick is being completely exposed without great QB play.
you have some time to wait until you can definitively say you are right. bart's just full of shit, as usual.

When you bring up Bart Scott as the voice of reason it makes your argument fall short.

When you bring up Bart Scott as the voice of reason it makes your argument fall short.
I never liked him while he was playing, but he’s got some decent insight from time to time on his radio show.

Agree Mac had bad luck with 3 Trent Brown penalties. and then his int was Marcus Cannon totally whiffing on his man

Wow, thanks for taking the time for researching this, Flagg. Am I correct is seeing that the only long pass was an appropriate 3rd and 11?

Wow, thanks for taking the time for researching this, Flagg. Am I correct is seeing that the only long pass was an appropriate 3rd and 11?
No, there was a "quick deep" ball to Tyquan to start the third series, which also made sense after running up the middle on both prior 1/10s. That wasn't a slow developer, though, it was a quick drop, and throw it high to a spot on the sideline, let Tyquan go get under it.

And not for nothing, but if Mac is 18-24 inches shorter on that throw - or with a touch more arc - and Thornton could very well have taken it all the way and the game is dramatically different.

No, there was a "quick deep" ball to Tyquan to start the third series, which also made sense after running up the middle on both prior 1/10s. That wasn't a slow developer, though, it was a quick drop, and throw it high to a spot on the sideline, let Tyquan go get under it.

And not for nothing, but if Mac is 18-24 inches shorter on that throw - or with a touch more arc - and Thornton could very well have taken it all the way and the game is dramatically different.
:toast:

Back