Man Dies During Threesome, Family Wins $3M for Medical Malpractice

Claremonster

Semper Priapus
Reaction score
The Glossalalia School of Business and Performing
Relatives of a Georgia man who died during a three-way sex tryst will get $3 million from the man's doctor in a medical-malpractice case.

The reason: The doctor failed to warn the man, who complained of chest pains, not to engage in physical activity prior to a medical test scheduled for the next day, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.

William Martinez, 31, a married father of two from Lawrenceville, Ga., died in 2009 during a threesome with a friend and a woman who was not his wife, according to the paper. Though jurors found Martinez's doctor was liable for his death, they also partly blamed Martinez himself.

In a medical malpractice case alleging negligence, jurors can often reduce an award based on a party's comparative negligence.

In William Martinez's death during a threesome, jurors found he was 40% responsible for his own death -- perhaps because Martinez had a history of high blood pressure and was at high risk of having clogged arteries. That reduced the jury's initial $5 million award by 40%, to $3 million.

Read more: http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/01/tagblogsfindlawcom2012-legallyweird-idUS387936911220120601

:coffee:

Yeah this was one of the best things i read in a long timeROFL

How is he not 100% responsible for his own death again?
Posted via Mobile Device

Cause we can sue for anything here and win:rolleyes:

Obviously. This is completely stupid. He has chest pains that are bad enough to see his doctor, is scheduled for a test and goes out banging a woman, not his wife, and a guy.....and it's 60% the doctor's fault?

Can I sue my vet because my cats have fur? :huh:
Posted via Mobile Device

Karma for his wife ROFL

I hope he had a huge life insurance policy, too. With her as sole beneficiary.

Back