Mario Williams released

Banner was on NFL Live or Insiders today and mentioned Philly as a place Williams might go because Schwartz is there now as DC and Williams had a great season under him in Buff (me-and didn't bitch).

I don't think they go after him. 31 years old is not the target I could be wrong though

Agree with you here, you've got Fowler coming back and that front 7 is slowly becoming nasty. Telvin Smith was one of my favourite players to watch last year.

There should be a playmaker at 5 for you too, would you take Bosa if he drops to you?

Agree with you here, you've got Fowler coming back and that front 7 is slowly becoming nasty. Telvin Smith was one of my favourite players to watch last year.

There should be a playmaker at 5 for you too, would you take Bosa if he drops to you?

You can never have enough pass rushers, unless Ramsey is there. Then I take Ramsey

Dolphins, Mario Williams could do a deal on Tuesday

Posted by Mike Florio on March 8, 2016, 10:36 AM EST

Former Jets coach Rex Ryan, now with the Bills, has parted ways with defensive lineman Mario Williams. Former Jets G.M. Mike Tannenbaum, now with the Dolphins, may be signing Williams, soon.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Dolphins are the clear front-runners to sign Williams. There’s currently a push to get a deal done Tuesday.

If the Dolphins sign Williams, they either will be moving on from Cameron Wake or making no effort to match an offer sheet signed by Olivier Vernon. The Dolphins possibly (key word: possibly) could even rescind the transition tender, if they sign Williams.

While the free-agency period doesn’t open until Wednesday at 4:00 p.m. ET, Williams can be signed at any time, because he already has been released.

Back