Masters of the Air - Apple TV

Roberto71

Reaction score
Can't wait for this series. Another Spielberg-Hanks partnership about the US 100th Bomber Group flying B17s into Germany in WWII. The unit was nicknamed "the Bloody 100th" due to their heavy losses. The reviews are outstanding, saying it's up there with Band of Brothers, which is some praise indeed. BoB was the best series I ever saw, gripping from start to finish.

I know many here will be fans of great WWII movies and TV series, so this should be great. Starts on Friday.

View: https://youtu.be/lA-1JCRguZ0?si=L3MRYq0fcJoHZHbm

I am big into the history and experiences of WW1 and WW2, Thanks for the notice/

Band of Brothers was very well done. I loved it and still do. Thanks for letting us know about this. I look forward to seeing it!

We watch any movie or series that deals with WWII, we've watched so many I've lost track of them all. We have learned so much about the Germans and Japanese, stuff that they never tell you about in school. We'll be watching this one too, I love stories about the old bombers and fighters of WWII and the men that flew them.

The Pacific was underrated but on par with Band of Brothers. I want to see the new series but won't pay for Apple TV.
I've always been amazed that we had so many men that would volunteer to be a ball turret gunner.

The Pacific was underrated but on par with Band of Brothers. I want to see the new series but won't pay for Apple TV.
I've always been amazed that we had so many men that would volunteer to be a ball turret gunner.
Agreed. I noticed that it is available on Netflix just this week and added it to my queue with the intention of re-watching it.

I also do not currently have Apple TV as I try to cut the cord when a streaming service is not being utilized. For example, if you cancel your Netflix account, as long as you reactivate it within 10 months, all of your lists and favorites will remain as you left them. We are a family of 4 and get Apple TV every time we upgrade one of our phones so that takes care of itself and I will catch Masters of the Air the moment we have it again.

I'll wait until all the episodes have aired. Then I'll sign up and watch them during the 7 day free trail. If I can't watch all of them in 7 days, I'll pay for the first month, then cancel.
Appreciate it if someone would post when all the episodes have aired.

I'll wait until all the episodes have aired. Then I'll sign up and watch them during the 7 day free trail. If I can't watch all of them in 7 days, I'll pay for the first month, then cancel.
Appreciate it if someone would post when all the episodes have aired.
First 2 episodes were aired, next one on Friday. We'll tell you when the whole series is up.

It's excellent so far, really enjoying it, the action is incredible.

Watching Episode 3 now. Jeez, they were brave bastards. Going up in the those heavy bombers, you were left wide open for flak and fighters swarming you. And the bombers were big tin cans, bullets sliced through them with ease. They were sitting ducks so often.

Back