Mayans MC, Tues 9/4 @ 10 ET

Peachhead

Bite me!
Reaction score
Just a heads up: Mayans MC, the spinoff from Sons of Anarchy primieres tomorrow @ 10 on FX.

So as someone who didn't watch SOA religiously, I decided to start watching this show with my wife since she loved SOA so much. Bare with me since it will take me about two seasons before I remember any names. I think I was about 5 minutes into the episode when I turned to my wife and said. "That dude is undercover." She said that she had read some articles about the show and that wasn't the case. Fast forward to later in the episode and BOOM!! he's undercover. That really disappointed me right off the bat. I mean that's huge...like something that should have been kept under wraps for at least the duration of the first season. I'll watch again next week but that might be make or break time for me.

So as someone who didn't watch SOA religiously, I decided to start watching this show with my wife since she loved SOA so much. Bare with me since it will take me about two seasons before I remember any names. I think I was about 5 minutes into the episode when I turned to my wife and said. "That dude is undercover." She said that she had read some articles about the show and that wasn't the case. Fast forward to later in the episode and BOOM!! he's undercover. That really disappointed me right off the bat. I mean that's huge...like something that should have been kept under wraps for at least the duration of the first season. I'll watch again next week but that might be make or break time for me.

Dude, not everything is gonna be The Godfather. Chill. Have another cold one or bong rip, whatever your vice, and just enjoy the violence, depravity, and graphic sex(as far as TV is concerned).

Dude, not everything is gonna be The Godfather. Chill. Have another cold one or bong rip, whatever your vice, and just enjoy the violence, depravity, and graphic sex(as far as TV is concerned).

Sorry? ROFL Believe me, I don't have some ridiculously high standards for TV shows. This one just didn't pull me in. Like I said, I'm giving it at least another episode. In reality I'll probably watch the season since my wife will be watching anyway but who knows.

I recorded it and will be watching this weekend. Wondering if there's going to be some SOA crossover at some point.

It was a little convaluted and busy, sub-plot wise, for me. Yeah, I got the "he's undercover" vibe within a few minutes. But when it was confirmed I was like "Hmm, this could get pretty interesting".

But then they brought in EZ's ex gf is now the druglord's wife and EZ's brother and a few Mayans are working with the Mexican vigilante group and those things just seemed like a little too much. The Mayans can resent the second generation druglord just fine without the extra sub-plots. Plus, the tie-ins and cameos with Katie Sagal SOA seemed a little un-neccessary.

I'll certainly give it a few more episodes. But it didn't grab me right away like SOA and The Shield did.

PF - Robert Patrick looks like hell and is miscast as leader of that chapter of SOA.

PF - Robert Patrick looks like hell and is miscast as leader of that chapter of SOA.

Is that really how he looks these days? I honestly thought he just said a ton of makeup on to make him look older.

Is that really how he looks these days? I honestly thought he just said a ton of makeup on to make him look older.

I don't know if it was just a horrible makeup job or natural. I hate to say it, but it reminded me of how people look after they're on high doses of steroids for medical reasons.

Either way, he's miscast IMO. He's better suited to be a straight laced military or FBI type.

I don't know if it was just a horrible makeup job or natural. I hate to say it, but it reminded me of how people look after they're on high doses of steroids for medical reasons.

Either way, he's miscast IMO. He's better suited to be a straight laced military or FBI type.

I was just pleased with the overall level of violence. The guy getting his arm hacked off was savage. ROFL
Definitely going to give it a half season to develop the plot.

I was just pleased with the overall level of violence. The guy getting his arm hacked off was savage. ROFL
Definitely going to give it a half season to develop the plot.

I think they will, just feel like they introduced a little too much in the first episode. Wondering who Gemma was visiting in prison and if there will be some sort of tie-in to the plot there or if it was just a random cameo.

It was a little convaluted and busy, sub-plot wise, for me. Yeah, I got the "he's undercover" vibe within a few minutes. But when it was confirmed I was like "Hmm, this could get pretty interesting".

But then they brought in EZ's ex gf is now the druglord's wife and EZ's brother and a few Mayans are working with the Mexican vigilante group and those things just seemed like a little too much. The Mayans can resent the second generation druglord just fine without the extra sub-plots. Plus, the tie-ins and cameos with Katie Sagal SOA seemed a little un-neccessary.

I'll certainly give it a few more episodes. But it didn't grab me right away like SOA and The Shield did.

Peg's husband created SOA and this new spinoff... :coffee:

Back