MERGED: The Official '24' Thread

Moebius

All your avatar are belong to me
Reaction score
OT: Anyone watch '24'?

Ok, so we went skiing tonight, and knowing there was a game on Fox (and their tendancy to screw with schedules), the wife padded the recording of the 24 premier to account. Unfortunately, in a hurry, she missed a click and only padded 5 minutes instead of 15, resulting in the last 2 minutes being clipped (ran over about 7 or 8 minutes).

Does anyone watch 24 that could 1) provide a quick recap and 2) any possibility anyone else with a TiVo or other DVR capable of transfers recorded it? I'll be digging for a download shortly, but the newsgroups I ususally find the shows on have been major slow lately.

For anyone trying to provide a recap, we got cut off right after Jack left the kid with her mom at the airport. I'm assuming the last couple of minutes was covering the summit and any pending threat.

There were 2 shows Sunday night and the 3rd tonight.

7am -

- Ex-President Palmer was assasinated in his hotel room.
- Jack Bauer is hiding out in the oil fields of CA and befriends a lady (Diane) who'se son (Derek) questions his story about his past. (says he was on an oil rig in Alaska and he had friend who says he never heard of Frank (Jack's fake ID).
- Michelle Dessler is car bombed and dies. While Tony Almeida holds Michelle's body, the car blows up again and he is injured.
- Chloe is romatically involved with a co-worker. As she leaves here apartment, she receives a phone call from Edgar who tells her about the car bombing. Just before she gets into her car, she backs away and notices a guy leave a van and starts to chase her.
- Chloe loses the guy and calls Jack to tell him what happens. Jack then leaves to get her. Charlie follows him and is found out by Jack. Jack takes with him so he doesn't call the cops. Jack grabs a helicopter and flys to LA.
- President Logan is informed of Palmer's death and his wife, Martha (who has some mental problems) tells him that palmer had called her the night before to speak to him about a problem of National Security. Of course, he doesn't believe her. All he wants is the serious pub he will get when he meets the President of Russia who will jointly sign an arms agreement with the US.
- Audrey Raines returns to CTU as an aide to President Logan's security team.
- Jack tells Chloe to meet him at an abandoned oil refinery. Once there, the bad guys, who had followed her, confront Jack. Jack kills 3 and looks for the leader. The leader finds Chloe and the kid and just before he shhots them, Jack shoots him.
- Jack questions hims, finds out that Palmer, Dessler and Almeida were killed to set Jack up and make it look like he was the killer. He told Jack that it was he who killed Palmer. Jack then shot him, killing him.

8am -

- Jack convinces Chloe to help him search for clues about Palmer's death. They gain access to the hotel, where over hundred law enforcement types are, and Jack gets in to the penthouse where he comes across a study with an encrypted file in a computer. Palmer's brother walks in on Jack and confronts him.
- CTU receives a video file that shows Jack or someone who looks like him, entering the building across from Palmer hotel before he was shot. An APB is put out on Jack as a suspect in the shooting.
- Palmer's brother blames Jack for the shooting, but is convinvced by Jack that he is being set up. They both look at the encrypted file and see a name - Chevensky with an airport address.
- CTU locates Chloe, via her remote access to their files, and all law enforcement types are alerted that jack is in the building where Palmer was shot.
- Chloe tells Derek about Jack and why he went underground.
- Tony Almeida is still alive, but unconcious, and is brought to CTU for medical attention.
- Martha, President Logan's wife, is confronted by Logan about that phone call Palmer had made to her. Logan plays the tape and Palmer's message was that it was not of national security and that he just wanted the President to appear at some charity event. However, it was clear that the word "not" had been inserted before national security.
- Now a mysterious face is seen talking to a bunch of guys with guns and bombs loading this stuff into a van. The discussion was about doing something in less than an hour (by the end of the show)
- CTU confirms that the Russian President maybe a target and suggests to President Logan to cancel the summit.
- Jack meets Diane at the airport where he turns Derek over to her. He later enters the airport looking for Chevensky.
- As Diane and Derek are leaving, Derek notices the bad guys leave the leave and enter the airport. He jumps out of the car to warn Jack.
- Jack locates Chevensky and starts to talk to him when the bad guys blow up the van outside the airport and starts to shoot up the place, taking hostages. Chevensky eats a cyanide pill.
- The mystery faces is talking to someone about the operation and that it has begun. That person turns out to be an aide to President Logan. This aide (name I forgot) doctored the tape of the phone call made by Palmer to Mrs. Logan.

Monday night at 9pm is 9am.

I'm a 24 fanatic. These back-to-back 2 hour episodes are like Christmas in January woohoo

Great recap Ras. The opening scene in episode one was :eek:

Can't wait for tonight. BTW, tonight it begins at 8, not 9, and is another back-to-back.

Last 5 minute spoliers...

Just for the last few minutes...

Kid reunites with mother in airport parking lot. Mix hugs and suspicion. Jack goes into airport. As kid and mom are driving off, kid recognizes a bunch of bad guys unloading from a van, and decides he has to go into the airport to warn Jack. Mom tries to haul him back into the car, but is prevented from doing so by security guard who doesn't want her to leave her car in the middle of the street. Bad guys take over airport, holding a bunch of hostages, including the kid. Shots fired, lots of them, several security guards go down, few if any civilians. Most people running from airport, mom trying to run in. Jack is in an office area, not in public areas, thus escapes capture.

Teasers for next week show the president continuing to be an assclown, putting his political goals above security concerns. Jack seems to be CTU's man on the inside, feeding info out to CTU while not being the most submissive and obedient of people.

Moebius.....

I became a 24 fan earlier this year and had been watching years 2 and 3 on DVD (my son said don't waste time on yr. 1) and think the show is the ballz.

Ras missed a small but significant detail in re-capping last night's show.....the part where Jack Bauer, after faking his own death, is used as part of the blitzkrieg blitz-package the Steelers used to beatdown ol' happy-hands, #18 yesterday.

Jack is THE MAN

Best show Ever!! I'm with Bideau. After the first 10 minutes, I was picking my jaw up off the floor. Can't wait till tonights episodes!!!!

woohoo

I taped both shows last night, and will tape the 2 hour broadcast tonight. Then I'll watch all 4 shows Tuesday night - without the friggin' commercials.

Good to see CTU working with Jack next episode!! I really don't like it when he is running from someone and not working with CTU. I still have a bad feeling about the new guy in CTU, the one that chloe slept with.

ColtFan81 said:
Good to see CTU working with Jack next episode!! I really don't like it when he is running from someone and not working with CTU. I still have a bad feeling about the new guy in CTU, the one that chloe slept with.

Chloe must have been talking in her sleep :p How else would anyone know that Jack was still alive.

bideau said:
Can't wait for tonight. BTW, tonight it begins at 8, not 9, and is another back-to-back.
Woo Hoo! 4 hours of 24 I can see! Now I have to fight to see at least half of the remaining 20 because of meetings.

Anybody got DVR from Comcast and if so, how is it?

Ras-Al-Ghul said:
Anybody got DVR from Comcast and if so, how is it?

Tested one for a while. It gets the job done, but if you've ever used a TiVo, you wouldn't be able to stand it. In the happy news arena though, TiVo has partnered with Comcast and we should be seeing TiVo powered Comcast DVRs later this year.

On this note, does anyone have a digital copy of the second ep from last night? I just need someone who can rip the last 5 mintues out for me.

RoadGrader said:
South Carolina TV station cuts last 10 mins from "24"

Full Article here

I think after something like that, the station would need Jack Bauer to keep me from launching a terrorist attack on it. :banghead:

The real bitch of it is Fox could have made things easier by either dropping the post game recap, or cutting a couple of commercials to catch up on time. Of course if they do that, they lose money, so we can't have that. :rolleyes:

any comments, first time I watched it was end of sunday night which made me watch last night, this is a great show and Glad I finally jumped onto the bandwagon- makes my a typical fan huh?

I like the 1st ladies way of getting the keycard.

mikiemo83 said:
I like the 1st ladies way of getting the keycard.
I hate when that happens to me when I go to the men's room. (that Jean Smart can turn up the heat, ain't she?)

speaking of President Logan, if he isn't assassinated next week, I'll go and do it myself. he's a bigger dick than Tee Time

mikiemo83 said:
any comments, first time I watched it was end of sunday night which made me watch last night, this is a great show and Glad I finally jumped onto the bandwagon- makes my a typical fan huh?

For the uninitiated, there's a few rules you have to accept to enjoy the show:

1. CTU has technology that stretches credibility. Just suspend reality and accept it.

2. More things get accomplished in one hour of 24 time than can ever truly happen in real time. Just suspend reality and accept it.

3. Every conspiracy resolution leads to a bigger conspiracy. The first villain is never the ultimate villain.

4. Every episode will add to the body count.

5. Chloe will whine at least once an episode.

6. There will be a few episodes that won't be overly exciting. They're just setting you up for another escalation of violence.

7. Jack Bauer makes James Bond look like Maxwell Smart.

8. Just suspend reality, sit back and enjoy the ride.

RoadGrader said:
speaking of President Logan, if he isn't assassinated next week, I'll go and do it myself. he's a bigger dick than Tee Time

Amen brother!!!! Actually, we decided last night we don't want to see him off'd. I just want to see him confront Jack Bauer, say something derogatory about how Jack's responsible for Palmer's death, and let Jack knock the unholy shit out of the guy. Just a full on, nose smashing, smack. I was really annoyed by schizoid first lady at first, but being reminded how much a prick President Logan is, I'm starting to feel sorry for her.

And Mikie, welcome to the party. In my opinion, it is hands down the most exciting show on television. It's the only show we watch live 99% of the time, and we almost always wait about 15-20 minutes before, just so we can fast forward through commercials.

bideau said:
For the uninitiated, there's a few rules you have to accept to enjoy the show:

1. CTU has technology that stretches credibility. Just suspend reality and accept it.

2. More things get accomplished in one hour of 24 time than can ever truly happen in real time. Just suspend reality and accept it.

3. Every conspiracy resolution leads to a bigger conspiracy. The first villain is never the ultimate villain.

4. Every episode will add to the body count.

5. Chloe will whine at least once an episode.

6. There will be a few episodes that won't be overly exciting. They're just setting you up for another escalation of violence.

7. Jack Bauer makes James Bond look like Maxwell Smart.

8. Just suspend reality, sit back and enjoy the ride.

More to the point, it's not so much Chloe whining, it's that she'll question everything, state the obvious, and show the tact of a dead cow.

9. At some point, somebody suffering a semi-serious to serious injury will make a far faster recovery (a matter of hours) than probable and be back in the game. See point 8.

And for anyone just joining the game, I'd recommend picking up Season 1 on DVD at some point so you can get a feel for who everyone is.

Moebius said:
More to the point, it's not so much Chloe whining, it's that she'll question everything, state the obvious, and show the tact of a dead cow.

isn't everyone involved in Information Technology like that?

Another thing that makes the show thrilling is that every single character, except for Jack (so far), can be killed off at any time. They don't allow you the comfort of thinking, "This is a major character, they won't kill him/her".

Can't wait for next week.

Back