Michel recovering from foot surgery.

Kontradiction

4x Covid Survivor
Reaction score
https://mobile.twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1271413009634725889

Man, this pick keeps looking better and better by the day, huh? Another surgery, this time to his foot. When you add in the fact that he’s not an option at all on 3rd down, the fact that his knee is a ticking time bomb, and that he’s merely average as a runner, this pick is looking like a disappointment. And that’s without even mentioning that Chubb, who was clearly the more pro-ready back at UGA, was still on the board. Christ. At least Wynn has looked promising when he’s actually been able to get on the field.

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

EDIT: I should mention that I was very high on this pick at the time it was made.

The word I've gotten is that it was a minor procedure to clean up some scar tissue giving him discomfort from multiple sprained ankles. His rehab is going well but maybe this will give Harris the opportunity he needs during TC.

While on the subject of injuries, Sanu is ahead of schedule after his foot surgery in March. He played with a broken bone in his ankle the last 8 weeks of the season. He's been training with Seth Minter, "the foot doctor", and Drew Lieberman, the guy who developed "the sideline hustle". They had this to say recently about Sanu's mindset.

“I know (Mohamed) loves (Jarrett) Stidham," said Lieberman. "He got to spend a year with him. I guess he feels like the coaches like Stidham a lot. He feels like the program is kind of behind him.
"He feels like the team believes in Stidham. They’re going to give him a shot and basically make it his job to lose."
But regardless of who the quarterback is, both Lieberman and Minter were adamant that Sanu is focused and working harder this offseason than he maybe has ever in his career.

“I’ve known Mo for six years now. This is the first year, the first time that I’ve seen him with a Mamba mentality," Minter said. "I hate to use Kobe’s name right now since he has departed from us. The guy that the fans are going to get this year is a different guy. He’s got a different chip on his shoulder, he’s got a different type of grit. He’s really hungry. He was catching 1,000 balls a day when he was immobilized."

"I expect the best version of Mohamed Sanu I have ever seen,” he said.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1271413009634725889

Man, this pick keeps looking better and better by the day, huh? Another surgery, this time to his foot. When you add in the fact that he’s not an option at all on 3rd down, the fact that his knee is a ticking time bomb, and that he’s merely average as a runner, this pick is looking like a disappointment. And that’s without even mentioning that Chubb, who was clearly the more pro-ready back at UGA, was still on the board. Christ. At least Wynn has looked promising when he’s actually been able to get on the field.

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

EDIT: I should mention that I was very high on this pick at the time it was made.

Chubb is WAY better...

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Michel was only good with a good/great oline.

Chubb is WAY better...

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Michel was only good with a good/great oline.

...and a battering ram FB. Chubb can take it from the I, singleback sets, or the pitch and he did it behind a terrible OL last year.

The word I've gotten is that it was a minor procedure to clean up some scar tissue giving him discomfort from multiple sprained ankles. His rehab is going well but maybe this will give Harris the opportunity he needs during TC.

While on the subject of injuries, Sanu is ahead of schedule after his foot surgery in March. He played with a broken bone in his ankle the last 8 weeks of the season. He's been training with Seth Minter, "the foot doctor", and Drew Lieberman, the guy who developed "the sideline hustle". They had this to say recently about Sanu's mindset.

“I know (Mohamed) loves (Jarrett) Stidham," said Lieberman. "He got to spend a year with him. I guess he feels like the coaches like Stidham a lot. He feels like the program is kind of behind him.
"He feels like the team believes in Stidham. They’re going to give him a shot and basically make it his job to lose."
But regardless of who the quarterback is, both Lieberman and Minter were adamant that Sanu is focused and working harder this offseason than he maybe has ever in his career.

“I’ve known Mo for six years now. This is the first year, the first time that I’ve seen him with a Mamba mentality," Minter said. "I hate to use Kobe’s name right now since he has departed from us. The guy that the fans are going to get this year is a different guy. He’s got a different chip on his shoulder, he’s got a different type of grit. He’s really hungry. He was catching 1,000 balls a day when he was immobilized."

"I expect the best version of Mohamed Sanu I have ever seen,” he said.

Well it certainly could not be worse than he was last year. SO I would think an improvement is on the way, but he is who he is. He did well at times in Atlanta, but I have not really seen him in other offenses healthy, and he was also across from the best receiver in football, so that helped too. I hope he makes some leaps this year, but we will see.

I totally forgot that Sony was taken ahead of Chubb. It’d be nice to have that one back.

Chubb wasn’t injured enough to meet BBs draft requirements. Ha, we talk about the three cone drill, but I’m gonna start looking for tweaked knees and backs to see who he’s got his eye on.

I totally forgot that Sony was taken ahead of Chubb. It’d be nice to have that one back.

Chubb wasn’t injured enough to meet BBs draft requirements. Ha, we talk about the three cone drill, but I’m gonna start looking for tweaked knees and backs to see who he’s got his eye on.

Lamar Jackson went the very next pick. Courtland Sutton and Christian Kirk also went after him. Then we grabbed Duke Dawson. After him went DJ Chark. Any one of those three would have went a long way toward addressing the WR position, which was a need them and a need again in 2019, or a heir apparent for Brady in Lamar (who I personally wasn’t high on coming into the league, but he’s proven me wrong so far).

Lamar Jackson went the very next pick. Courtland Sutton and Christian Kirk also went after him. Then we grabbed Duke Dawson. After him went DJ Chark. Any one of those three would have went a long way toward addressing the WR position, which was a need them and a need again in 2019, or a heir apparent for Brady in Lamar (who I personally wasn’t high on coming into the league, but he’s proven me wrong so far).

I am still not high on lamar. For one I am not sure he will last very long, and we would have to change our entire offense for him. He would have died in the offense last year. He relies a lot on TE's and running backs. Everything is an extension of the run and when he has had to throw in the playoffs he didnt do well.

I am still not high on lamar. For one I am not sure he will last very long, and we would have to change our entire offense for him. He would have died in the offense last year. He relies a lot on TE's and running backs. Everything is an extension of the run and when he has had to throw in the playoffs he didnt do well.

Yeah, he choked for sure. But I saw some massive, massive growth from him in the pocket and he runs more like Wilson than Cam. He knows when to get out of bounds. No reason to believe he can’t keep growing as a pocket passer.

Yeah, he choked for sure. But I saw some massive, massive growth from him in the pocket and he runs more like Wilson than Cam. He knows when to get out of bounds. No reason to believe he can’t keep growing as a pocket passer.

I just think he would require too much around him to run that kind of offense. I dont care if he gets out of bounds, he really doesnt, he runs right down the middle of the field. You dont see a lot of 12 year vet QB's that run 15 times a game. I am not even sure he reads a defense at this point, its all athletic ability, but at some point he will slow down, injuries, age, etc, then you have to all of the sudden learn how to be a Qb. Did you notice that Rodgers started heading down a lot faster than others like Brady and Brees? It was because he relied on his legs a lot. He would do 20 roll outs a game, all of the sudden, he was not as fast or had injuries and he had to pre snap reads, and had to throw people open, and had to take what the defense gives you, and he has not done well with that, so now he either takes a bad sack or throws it away, all with having a top 5 pass blocking oline.

So with that said, I am not sure if he will grow as a passer, but if he was added to this offense he would have to grow pretty quick, and I am not sure Bill would throw out all he ever knew to run an option offense. So I imagine there is a reason he was not taken by the Patriots and also why Bill drafts qbs with a certain skill that fits what he does. I am not sure he does that, and I believe in the end, Bill thinks that is what wins, because at some point, you are going to need to pass your way to victory, by reading defenses, by pre snap reads and changes, and first read throws or taking off and running 15 times is not going to work.

Pretty sure that his dog was in training back then... :coffee:

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 AM ----------

He was drafted WAYYYY TOOO high for a rb...

I just think he would require too much around him to run that kind of offense. I dont care if he gets out of bounds, he really doesnt, he runs right down the middle of the field. You dont see a lot of 12 year vet QB's that run 15 times a game. I am not even sure he reads a defense at this point, its all athletic ability, but at some point he will slow down, injuries, age, etc, then you have to all of the sudden learn how to be a Qb. Did you notice that Rodgers started heading down a lot faster than others like Brady and Brees? It was because he relied on his legs a lot. He would do 20 roll outs a game, all of the sudden, he was not as fast or had injuries and he had to pre snap reads, and had to throw people open, and had to take what the defense gives you, and he has not done well with that, so now he either takes a bad sack or throws it away, all with having a top 5 pass blocking oline.

So with that said, I am not sure if he will grow as a passer, but if he was added to this offense he would have to grow pretty quick, and I am not sure Bill would throw out all he ever knew to run an option offense. So I imagine there is a reason he was not taken by the Patriots and also why Bill drafts qbs with a certain skill that fits what he does. I am not sure he does that, and I believe in the end, Bill thinks that is what wins, because at some point, you are going to need to pass your way to victory, by reading defenses, by pre snap reads and changes, and first read throws or taking off and running 15 times is not going to work.

Are you joking with this post or did you really not know that Jackson played, and excelled in, a version of the E-P offense in college? He’s been in the offense that the Patriots ran last season (I say this because there is talk of changing the offense for Stidham here and in other outlets). Why, then, would BB have needed to throw out the E-P this year if Jackson were drafted and taking over?

Are you joking with this post or did you really not know that Jackson played, and excelled in, a version of the E-P offense in college? He’s been in the offense that the Patriots ran last season (I say this because there is talk of changing the offense for Stidham here and in other outlets). Why, then, would BB have needed to throw out the E-P this year if Jackson were drafted and taking over?

This is the NFL, and I am pretty sure Baltimore ran a lot of pistol and Run pass option, they did not run the pats offense at all. So, no I do not think he would work out here well.

This is the NFL, and I am pretty sure Baltimore ran a lot of pistol and Run pass option, they did not run the pats offense at all. So, no I do not think he would work out here well.

Yeah... you didn’t know that he ran the E-P in college. It’s okay. You should read up on it. There were a ton of similarities between Louisville’s offense and ours with Tom. Oh and, uh, the RPO and taking snaps out of the pistol isn’t unique to any one offense.

Back