Mike Ditka is a friggin' hypocrit

Bruschi 3:16

Unable to function normally in society
Reaction score
Calls Brady's words about Chokenheimer 'immature'. Excuse me, isn't Ditka the most pathetic cartoon character going? How many times has he flipped out in a press conference.

I commend Brady for saying what he wants and the idiot talking heads like Tom Jackson and Mike Ditka need to shut their goddamn mouths.

Not much of a Ditka fan. But, I would have been much happier if Brady had let his play on the field do his talking for him. Unlike past years this Pats team seems to be doing a lot more "jawin'" than in past years. Makes one wonder if perhaps this team isn't that good and can't let it's actions speak louder than words.

But, time will tell.

Way to be a homer. What Brady did was immature, if Peyton called someone out like that I'd like to see you have the same attitude.

I think Brady took it as The Pats are done. Too many injuries. Maybe Marty didn't mean it that way but after getting thumped, I'm sure he was a bit sensitive...

I think Brady can and should say whatever the hell he wants. He's proving to be a good leader on and off the field.

I don't believe Marty was out of line and meant no harm by his comments, but it seemed to strike home with Brady. Marty was basically saying in the nicest way possible that perhaps the Patriots can't get over these injuries this time. That perhaps their run is done due to injuries that just can't be overcome this time around.

Brady took that opportunity to make a statement to his teammates and coaches that he'll have none of this bull shit and that excuses will not be allowed. That he's a leader on his team and that perhaps Marty should tend to his own team and let the Patriots worry about the Patriots.

Tiberian said:
Way to be a homer. What Brady did was immature, if Peyton called someone out like that I'd like to see you have the same attitude.

Immature? Give me a break with that crap. He basically said "let us worry about us". Not sure how that is immature.

Guess what Marty you clown, the Champs are back it town!!!

(I feel sorry for marty, he can't win a playoff game......it can't be changed. Hope he's enjoying his fat check every couple of weeks....must give some good b-jobs to those owners to get hired again!)

And, Brady did his talking on the field again.

Calling Brady immature is just an idiotic statement :mad:

The guy is trying to find motivation for his team. Having an opposing coach say publicly that your team can't overcome their injuries is the perfect motivation. I didn't hear BB say that the loss of Vick was too much for Atlanta to overcome.

Did he make too much out of nothing? Perhaps. But I'd rather have him pissed off at the loss and anything associated with it than just accepting it.

And based on how well Brady and the offense played today, I'm going to be reserving a game ball for Schottenheimer.

Bruschi 3:16 said:
Calls Brady's words about Chokenheimer 'immature'. Excuse me, isn't Ditka the most pathetic cartoon character going? How many times has he flipped out in a press conference.

I commend Brady for saying what he wants and the idiot talking heads like Tom Jackson and Mike Ditka need to shut their goddamn mouths.

As soon as Ditka uttered that friggin statement my jaw hit the ground. Ditka of all friggin people to say anything about someone getting a little pissed during a PC. You should have heard the rant I went on. And this was one time the hubby couldn't even tell me I was wrong. Seeing as how he's a Bears fan and knows all too well the friggin hot-head Ditka is. And Brady's statement wasn't even some shouting rant. He was just a little hot under the collar.

Talk about the friggin pot calling the kettle black.

What an assclown. :4321:

Re: Re: Mike Ditka is a friggin' hypocrit

mgoblue101415 said:
Talk about the friggin pot calling the kettle black.

What an assclown. :4321:

Preach on sister mgo. When I heard Ditka calling Brady immature, I about :Eason: . How many times, when Ditka was the Bears coach, how many times could you see him on the sidelines screaming and running around like an incalcitrant child, how many times did he go storming out of press conferences?

Brady has more class and maturity in his little finger than Ditka has in his whole head.

bideau said:
Calling Brady immature is just an idiotic statement :mad:

The guy is trying to find motivation for his team. Having an opposing coach say publicly that your team can't overcome their injuries is the perfect motivation. I didn't hear BB say that the loss of Vick was too much for Atlanta to overcome.

Did he make too much out of nothing? Perhaps. But I'd rather have him pissed off at the loss and anything associated with it than just accepting it.

And based on how well Brady and the offense played today, I'm going to be reserving a game ball for Schottenheimer.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you Bid....i heard Marty statements over and over and not once did i pick up anything negative towards the Pats organization. Tom took his comments out of text and really didn't have a right to say what he did. don't get me wrong i can't stand SHOTINHEIMER but really Tom made something out of nothing..Maybe he was trying to be a leader and fire his team up but he went about it the wrong way. I lost a lot of respect for him.

EdgerrinJames said:
Maybe he was trying to be a leader and fire his team up but he went about it the wrong way. I lost a lot of respect for him.

Yeah, well I'd rather my QB make somewhat questionable comments while defending his team rather than him make an ass of himself.

What did Manning say when he was named co-MVP player a couple years back? First it was something along the lines of "I've worked really hard for this." Course, after that statement, he acknowledged his teammates. What a guy. :jerkit: Then, when discussing the Co-MVP he mentions that his wife said he should have won it out-right. Now, why make that comment if you don't feel it's justified, huh. :rolleyes:

Like I said... I'd rather my QB make "questionable" comments defending his teammates and coach, than making asinine statements about his own "greatness".

Course, I guess Colts' fans don't grasp that "team" concept. :shake:

EdgerrinJames said:
I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you Bid....i heard Marty statements over and over and not once did i pick up anything negative towards the Pats organization. Tom took his comments out of text and really didn't have a right to say what he did. don't get me wrong i can't stand SHOTINHEIMER but really Tom made something out of nothing..Maybe he was trying to be a leader and fire his team up but he went about it the wrong way. I lost a lot of respect for him.

:4321:

He went about the wrong way :confused: It worked, asshole. Brady learned from the master of motivation, Rodney Harrison. This was a week that he turned into the clear leader of this team.

He doesn't need your respect.

EdgerrinJames said:
I lost a lot of respect for him.

Oh my GOD a Dolts fan "lost respect" for Tom Brady! Somebody call Bob Kraft and tell him it's time to shut this whole thing down. No point in going on if we can't please Indy fans...

On ESPN radio this, Ditka backtacked somewhat saying it was Brady trying to find an emotional lift.

Makes him even more of a hypocrite. Just pick a side and stick with it.

Just as a lot of people think that Schottenheimer's comments were blown out of proportion, I think a lot of people are blowing Brady's comments out of proportion.

Undertaker #59 said:
Just as a lot of people think that Schottenheimer's comments were blown out of proportion, I think a lot of people are blowing Brady's comments out of proportion.

I agree. I think this whole saga has taken a life of its own. Quite ghey actually, let it die.

Back