Mike Martz - T.O. finalist for HOF is ridiculous

Roberto71

Reaction score
Agree with him fully here. Martz is saying Owens getting to this stage ahead of guys like Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce is just crazy.

There is definitely an ageist issue with the HOF now whereby players who have just retired get far more consideration than older players. It seems very biased.

I hear you. They both ought to go in, especially Bruce. They're both great and much nicer guys than TO.

But TDs are a huge thing in receivers. T.O. is 3rd all time with more than twice as many TD's as Holt (37th) and 1.7 x as many as Bruce (12th).

It's not IMO an outrageous error, if it is one.

Cheers, BostonTim

Clearly opinions vary. I don't like the guy all that much. That said, if not TO, then who?

When TO comes up, statistically he is the better player. When Randy Moss comes up, he will be the statistically better player too. Both deserve to be considered the better WRs. I expect if we were going to characterize their waiting as some sort of travesty, which I don't, I expect Holt is a bit more deserving than Bruce.

Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce should be waiting.

Either way, that is a hell of a pair of receivers!

TO will absolutely get in eventually...he is way too talented not to.

Of course he was a jackass, but, many others already in the HOF are as well.

Also agree about Bruce. He did his job and was classy about it.

And you can't faulk Martz for speaking up for his guys, but he does a certain point of view.

Cheers

T.O. is one of the jackassier superstar athletes ever. Though, watching the Football Life episode on him and seeing how f'd up his childhood was gave me a little more sympathy about why he has a personality disorder.

Regardless of what you think of him, his performance throughout his career is definitely HOF. I wonder if Donovan McNabb really was dry heaving in the huddle. It was kind of funny, of the QB's T.O. played with, Steve Young was the only one that was willing to participate in his Football Life episode.

Cris Carter is exhibit A in evidencing that intellect, personality and rings are not factors in entering the HOF.

If he's in, I'm good with TO getting in.

I am surprised Martz was not more upset over Carter getting in. TO is a first ballet HoF IMO.

I can appreciate Martz having the opinion he does..... but he couldn't be more wrong.

I'm not sure Holt ever makes it and I think Bruce certainly should, but it should also be waaaay behind TO, jackassiness aside.

The Hall should be about football glory. Nothing more.

TO should get in regardless of what Martz has to say. Personality should be left out of this. On the field TO was a beast even if his mouth rubbed others the wrong way. Judging from his production and performances on the field, TO is a sure HOFer to me. He was scary good playing with a broken foot in the SB.

Back