Mouthwatering Buns

TipRoast

The years teach much which the days never know.
Reaction score
You may have enjoyed previous threads in this series.

Did the posts in "Rank The Nuts" leave you hanging, wanting more?

Were you limp-wristed after typing your long responses to "World's Greatest Fruits" - curious to see what other people might submit?

Did you enjoy the penetrating insights exhibited in "Outstanding Johnsons"? Did the thrust of all those posts about Johnsons lead to a climactic sense of wonder?

Did all the various sizes and shapes described in "Unbeatable Meats" make you want to go out and get some more meat for yourself? Did it make you speculate as to just what you can do with a particular piece of meat as you experiment with it?

All of those previous threads were textual teases - for this one, let's get visual! Post some pictures of buns that make you drool.

I'll get us started with three of my favorites:

1632546788303.png

The croissant is really good with ham and swiss, but it's also top-notch for breakfast with butter and jam.

1632546902245.png

Focaccia can be paired with roasted chicken breast and mayo - delicious.

ciabatta_title.jpg

I like to use ciabatta in various roles. It holds up well to the juiciest of burgers, and can also be a part of a wonderful BLT (or BLTA).

Attachments

• 1632546873539.png
    1632546873539.png
    657.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I love chicken breast chunks cooked in olive oil and garlic. Then toast a ciabatta bread basted with olive oil. Put chicken, bacon and Mexican cheese on it and toast till cheese is melted... :drool: oh yes don't forget the ranch dressing...

1604%20Port%20Roll%20Hand%20Made_0.JPG

Portuguese rolls. Great with soups, for sandwiches, with cheese and wine, or for a snack all by themselves. Yummy buns!

portugeuese rolls are awesome. I luck out that a friends mom is old school and makes up some amazing food, always with rolls...
the double starch meal

Holy carbs!

Yes. Sadly some of the changes I've made regarding what I out into my body are going to prevent from eating most of what gets posted here on a daily basis.

I do genuinely enjoy a good flatbread though and it's pretty versatile.

Malassadas

I think I'm showing a trend.

Yes. Sadly some of the changes I've made regarding what I out into my body are going to prevent from eating most of what gets posted here on a daily basis.

I do genuinely enjoy a good flatbread though and it's pretty versatile.

It sucks that the best tasting foods are usually also the most unhealthy for you. It's like a cruel joke. :banghead:

It sucks that the best tasting foods are usually also the most unhealthy for you. It's like a cruel joke. :banghead:

Heh. While true, after doing a bit of research it's really not that hard to find good tasting food that's actually good for you too.

1703527600685.png

Popovers, aka Yorkshire Pudding, is a great way to ensure that your weekly quota for butter can be met in a single serving. :biggrin:

Back