My Gift to Myself

cka203

GO COLTS!
Reaction score
So, I'm watching TV last week, and all of a sudden, my piece-of-crap TV just ups and dies!

Yeah, I knew it was coming someday - It's old, and the picture had gotten noticeably worse - But I figured I'd have some kinda notice - No! One minute I'm watching, the next the screen starts going dark, then back, then dark, then back, then... nothing. No audio, no video, no nothing.

So I beg my daughter to let me borrow hers till I can get a new one.

Hers is a piece of crap, too. Tiny screen, terrible picture, fuzzy sound. :(

So...

I tell the hubby, That's it - We're getting a new TV, a big-screen, with HD!

Went shopping - Found one I liked - Found one for the daughter, too. (her Christmas gift) :)

Supposed to have it delivered and installed this Friday or Saturday - Just in time to see the Pats-Giants game! (not to mention, of course, the Colts-Titans game, the playoffs, SB, and everything else!) :D

Got a 47" for my living room, and a 26" for my daughter's bedroom. Now I gotta contact DirecTV and get my service upgraded to HD! Hope I can get that done pretty quickly!

I'm psyched!

The only drawback is, hubby is off-work till 7 Jan, and I'm working. We have completely different tastes in programming, so I usually am in the LR watching what I want, while he's usually in the BR watching what he wants.

I KNOW as soon as we get that new big-screen, he'll have his arse parked in the LR watching it all day, and I will not get to watch what I want when I get home! He will no longer be satisfied with the one in the BR. :(

I'm psyched about the TV, just hoping hubby doesn't take over complete ownership (yeah, right!) since he'll have it all to himself for over a week!

Any suggestions on how to "share" would be appreciated! With the exception of Colts games, we never watch the same thing! He's into old sitcoms and movies, while I'm into sports and forensic shows.

If I have to start watching the bedroom TV, after splurging for this big-screen, I'm gonna be pissed!

cka203 on 12-26-2007 at 01:04 PM said:

Any suggestions on how to "share" would be appreciated!

Put a bowl of antifreeze in the driveway.

Any suggestions on how to "share" would be appreciated!
sign Hubby up for a couple of Internet Chat Rooms like the one's I frequent --- it keeps me in a different room and allows Mrs. RG free reign of the TV most nights

here's one of my faves to get him started (in more ways than one)

http://www.ITouchMyselfForbiddenTeensChat.com

So, I'm watching TV last week, and all of a sudden, my piece-of-crap TV just ups and dies!

you know, it's funny that you said this, but our TV has been slowly dieing over the last couple of months. We went out and bought a new one and it should be delivered to the store today for me to go pick it up. I bought one of those DLP LED engine rear projection TVs. I'll probably keep the old TV and see if it can be fixed reasonably and put it in my "future" basement man cave...

congrats on you new TV, I'm sure you will love it.

Seems how you have D*, I can't say TiVo, so I'll say HDDVR. Luckily, the wife and I generally watch most of the same stuff, but for the rest, TiVo is our lifesaver. Hoping to have a HD model to replace the crappy cable co DVR soon.

Re: Re: My Gift to Myself

KenJr30 on 12-26-2007 at 01:10 PM said:
Put a bowl of antifreeze in the driveway.

Alternately: Tell him that it's okay if he goes to the strip club alone, as long as it is when you want to watch TV.

Win-Win.

Re: Re: My Gift to Myself

RoadGrader on 12-26-2007 at 01:14 PM said:
sign Hubby up for a couple of Internet Chat Rooms like the one's I frequent --- it keeps me in a different room and allows Mrs. RG free reign of the TV most nights

here's one of my faves to get him started (in more ways than one)

http://www.ITouchMyselfForbiddenTeensChat.com

:LOL: ROFL

Hubby is a neanderthal - He hates computers, doesn't do message boards or chatrooms - Barely does email (at work!)

In fact, about all he does is watch TV. :(

And it's always the same friggin' thing..... old sitcom reruns, stupid movies, and stand-up comics. :banghead:

Tell him you accidentally knocked over his motorcycle, but you don't think the dent looks that bad.

When he runs out to look at it, grab the remote.

Undertaker #59* on 12-26-2007 at 01:23 PM said:
Tell him you accidentally knocked over his motorcycle, but you don't think the dent looks that bad.

From the sounds of it, that might only work the first half dozen or so times or so...

Am I the only person disappointed with this thread's subject matter after reading the title? I was expecting something far more... uplifting... to the membered members.

(Although, now that I think of it, when coupled with the "I got myself a 47-incher" aspect... eeek) ROFL

who is hubby and y he botherings u

tell me if u need help

hubby not a good peeps its hears lik

Undertaker #59* on 12-26-2007 at 01:23 PM said:

:LOL: ROFL

Now, THAT would work! He has an 07 Harley that's his pride and joy!

But like blantyr said, that would only work a few times.... ;) :thumb:

I swear, I don't know how I ever ended up with him. We have absolutely NOTHING in common! :shake:

Kanye on 12-26-2007 at 01:36 PM said:
who is hubby and y he botherings u

tell me if u need help

hubby not a good peeps its hears lik
ahr sonnie, y don u bak ohf

oar maybie u wil hav nek breaking wile u r ohn skool breaking

RoadGrader on 12-26-2007 at 02:01 PM said:
i noe, hah hah

i juzt cent u nekid pic ohf mee to u PM plaice

keap u buzy fohr reast u day
:LOL: :LOL:

bideau* on 12-26-2007 at 02:02 PM said:
What type of TV did you get?

I ended up with an LG LCD. I looked at some bigger ones, different brands, and some plasma's, but I thought this one had the best picture and was a good fit for my living room. I hope I made the right choice!

Back