New Uniform Reveal

bideau

Offering friendly advice
Reaction score
I'm sure many will be disappointed. The new uniforms are simply the color rush uniforms. While I like the color rush, it's not something new to us since they've used them for a couple of years now.

NFL rules state that teams can only use one helmet for the season, and silver helmets have come to represent the modern era of the New England Patriots. A silver helmet with the "Flying Elvis" logo just doesn't work with the red uniforms, which, of course, feature a white helmet with the iconic "Pat Patriot" logo.

Ferron did leave the door open that, if the NFL ever changed the rule to allow more than one helmet per season, the red uniforms could certainly make a comeback as the team's alternate.

"Our primary uniforms in the modern era have been blue and white and they will remain so," Ferron said. "We recognize that fans also have an affinity for the red 'throwback' uniform and we hope to incorporate that into our uniform rotation in the future."

Silver helmets look great with red uniforms--XFL's Houston Roughnecks' uniforms are proof.

NFL Idiots.

Not a fan of the thick shoulder stripes. Knew it would be blue rather than red though. Silver helmets are a consolation prize.

Sorry to be negative but these are awful. I can't stand those dumb shoulder stripes. The away jersey reminds me of the old Browns uniforms.

20200420-135535-1.jpg

Maybe we'll get red shirts for alternates :shrug:

Who is this Ferron dildo?

There’s pics of red jerseys with silver Elvis helmet. They’re badass!

If they had a clue they’d put it to fan vote. They’re the ones buying merch. I would never buy one of these catastrophes.

honestly I like the color rush uniforms more then the standard one

Who is this Ferron dildo?

There’s pics of red jerseys with silver Elvis helmet. They’re badass!

If they had a clue they’d put it to fan vote. They’re the ones buying merch. I would never buy one of these catastrophes.

That quote is from patriots.com. Ferron is the Chief Marketing Officer of Kraft Sports and Entertainment.

That quote is from patriots.com. Ferron is the Chief Marketing Officer of Kraft Sports and Entertainment.

2 or 3 years back I heard that the throwback red/white jersies represented 1/4 of all sales. This floored me since the team hadn't worn them in a lonnnng time and yet they were and are still really popular.

Whoever stated (it wasn't a direct quote from Ferron the way I read it) that the silver helmets don't work with the red jerseys is full of it. Every single person I know who has seen the mock-ups agree that it is a sharp combo.

This matter continues to annoy the shit out of me and the "new" unis are just as boring and blah as every other change released over the last few weeks. I suspect that it's all controlled from the league office and those imbeciles seem intent on preventing folks from reaching for their wallets-- which they'd be happy to do given half a reason.

2 or 3 years back I heard that the throwback red/white jersies represented 1/4 of all sales. This floored me since the team hadn't worn them in a lonnnng time and yet they were and are still really popular.

Whoever stated (it wasn't a direct quote from Ferron the way I read it) that the silver helmets don't work with the red jerseys is full of it. Every single person I know who has seen the mock-ups agree that it is a sharp combo.

This matter continues to annoy the shit out of me and the "new" unis are just as boring and blah as every other change released over the last few weeks. I suspect that it's all controlled from the league office and those imbeciles seem intent on preventing folks from reaching for their wallets-- which they'd be happy to do given half a reason.

I had to read it twice.

It is a Ferron quote.

Two words: “ You’re fired.”

Why is the model wearing Gino Cappelletti's number???

Here's the real Gino wearing a better home uni complete with black shoes.

Don't care for them at all. What the hell was wrong with the current uni's?

Maybe we'll get red shirts for alternates :shrug:

The Patriots hinted in a statement Monday that they could bring those red jerseys back as alternates if the NFL lifts its one helmet rule. The NFL forbids teams from using different colored helmets in a single season. The league has discussed changing the rule for next season, however.

“Our primary uniforms in the modern era have been blue and white and they will remain so,” Kraft Sports and Entertainment CMO Jen Ferron said, via Patriots.com. “We recognize that fans also have an affinity for the red ‘throwback’ uniform and we hope to incorporate that into our uniform rotation in the future.” So, in 2020, the Patriots will wear updated primary uniforms, but those red jerseys with white helmets and pants could make a return if the NFL abides in 2021.

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2020/04/patriots-hope-to-bring-back-red-pat-patriot-throwback-jerseys/

The Patriots hinted in a statement Monday that they could bring those red jerseys back as alternates if the NFL lifts its one helmet rule. The NFL forbids teams from using different colored helmets in a single season. The league has discussed changing the rule for next season, however.

“Our primary uniforms in the modern era have been blue and white and they will remain so,” Kraft Sports and Entertainment CMO Jen Ferron said, via Patriots.com. “We recognize that fans also have an affinity for the red ‘throwback’ uniform and we hope to incorporate that into our uniform rotation in the future.” So, in 2020, the Patriots will wear updated primary uniforms, but those red jerseys with white helmets and pants could make a return if the NFL abides in 2021.

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2020/04/patriots-hope-to-bring-back-red-pat-patriot-throwback-jerseys/

I didn't mean a full throwback, but like the pic that DS posted. I've never understood why they can't wear the red jerseys with the silver helmet as the alternate. Their statement that the silver helmets don't work with the red jerseys because it won't respect the integrity of the red jerseys makes no sense.

Back