NFL Help during the Credit Crunch

ron1625

Reaction score
NFL lowers playoff ticket prices in response to economic conditions

Knowing the tough economic times the country is in, the NFL is doing its fans a favor.
The average ticket price for NFL playoff games this year will be approximately 10 percent lower than last year, the NFL confirmed today, citing the economic challenges facing fans as the reason for the reduction.
The specific league-wide average playoff ticket price cannot be determined until the home playoff sites are decided in the weeks leading up to Super Bowl XLIII.
Commissioner Roger Goodell recently sent ticket pricing guidelines to all playoff contending clubs, which then set their own individual prices.
As part of those guidelines, the NFL also authorized for the first time a lower price for the wild-card games than for divisional playoff games the following weekend. Those two rounds traditionally have been priced the same.
"We want to be responsive to the economic challenges facing our fans," an NFL spokesman said.
Clubs will announce their specific playoff ticket prices and distribution plans in the near future. Prices differ from market to market depending on the price of their tickets for the season.
Average price of playoff tickets last year (wild card, divisional, conference championships) was $121.

I wonder if this affects the $1,000.00 Super Bowl ticket, too?

Let's see how expensive they are at Gillette. I've been bracing for about $700 (2 tickets, 2 games) compared to $560 last year.

Last year, my tickets were $130 for the wild card/divisional round and $150 for the AFCC game. Considering my regular season ticket prices went up 30% this past season, I'm not expecting the playoff prices to actually be lower than last year.

As of now, I may be passing on playoffs for the first time ever. It's hard to justify paying out any amount of money for games when we're telling most of the family that we won't be exchanging Xmas gifts this year.

It'll be strange if I end up watching a home game on TV. Of course, these tickets are for potential games at this point. Any season ticket holder gets credit towards next season if the tickets go unused.

ok in future do you want the link put on the post...I can do that if required:huh:

Not required although most people do provide links. I posted it in response to the "Onion?" post.

Not required although most people do provide links. I posted it in response to the "Onion?" post.

Guess I didnt believe that the Overlord could make those decisions let alone force the teams to lose out on possible revenue????????????

I guess he (Overlord) figures that since "we" are all bailing out banks, insurance companies and now the Big Three would could use a little love thrown our way :coffee:

the NFL is losing sponsors for the Superbowl according the Tom Warner on WEEI yesterday...he claims that is it hard for these companies to ask for relief when they are spending big bucks on commercial time

the NFL is losing sponsors for the Superbowl according the Tom Warner on WEEI yesterday...he claims that is it hard for these companies to ask for relief when they are spending big bucks on commercial time

I know the pinch is being felt in NASCAR as well.

I know the pinch is being felt in NASCAR as well.
big time...why do you think they are selling anything they can these days....I think sports are going to be hurting...

now watch the Yankees give CC 200,000,000 over 6 years while still not selling all the luxury boxes at the new stadium

Wasn't it funny the number of times ordway kept saying'in these tough economic times'...Glen, you haven't worked a day in your lifeROFL

big time...why do you think they are selling anything they can these days....I think sports are going to be hurting...

now watch the Yankees give CC 200,000,000 over 6 years while still not selling all the luxury boxes at the new stadium

Wait until Pelosi tells us we have to bail out the American Pastime

Dont understand why the cant drop prices whole sale, surely its better to have a stadium sold out at reduced prices than to have expensive empty seats, if the fans can understand the concept why cant the price fixers?

Sport over here is an expensive rip off too, ticket prices have soared so high that working class people are being priced out of the stadiums, a lot of seats go to the corparate fat cats who aren't even iterested in the event.

Back