Nostalgic Music Thread

Song: Goodbye Stranger
Artist: Supertramp

I've always like their music, and think they're somewhat overlooked when great bands of the 1970s are discussed.

And how can you not like a song that has whistling in it?

Song: Goodbye Stranger
Artist: Supertramp

I've always like their music, and think they're somewhat overlooked when great bands of the 1970s are discussed.

And how can you not like a song that has whistling in it?

Thank you. One of my wife's favorite bands and song. She sings like a song bird. I remember many nights I would put on the record player and listen to her. I am a fortunate man.

Song: American Girl
Artist: Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers

Not that this much matters to anybody else, it deeply matters with me and my loved ones.

I checked myself into Dartmouth Hospital here in NH for a very specific reason 2 years ago.

How do I begin to explain this?

My dearest of loves, married now found out I was there. Out of the blue walked in, saw the doctors and nurses demanding this and that. She told them to get the Hell out, that I would kick and fight any "demands" without kindness or rational explanation. "Get out Hell out".

She spoke to the administrator and told him specifically what I would respond to. A deeply caring and beautiful American girl who was kind, soft touch and extremely intelligent that could lay it all out in principle and not back down.

Within 30 minutes I was surrounded by the best, exactly the best for me and my doctor, omg yes.

If there is even a hint of an accusation of racism, sexism then point has been completely missed.

Her married to a man of great integrity that was the one thing missing the years we were together I would love to meet and thank him for bringing her so much peace and happiness.

This is what love is everyone. The understanding, the deep feeling of another human being, as she puts it loving fiercely and mutually.

American Girl?

Any Girl, any Man, just be your best.

Be nothing less and when earn that settle for nothing less.

That's what matters.

First song I learned to play on my geetar

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBGPE1y_CXU

Excellent video of june plus the song. And of course this brings to mind the fabulous collection of early and traditional American folk recorded by The Marvelous Nitty Gritty Dirt Band beginning in 1972.and the original artists of the music. Wildwood Flower was June's Mom' song. June and Mother Maybelle Carter both appeared on the Original 1972 iteration of the Circle recordings, but Wildwood Flower of course was originally recorded by the Carter family in 1928. Wildwood Flower and the Carter family really mark the origin of my love of the genre.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5T5Gt-_0Lw

Cheers, BostonTim

Last edited:
Song: Isn't It A Pity
Artist: George Harrison

Song: Isn't It A Pity
Artist: Peter Frampton Band

Last edited:
Back