not that surprised

thomas144

Bandwagon Fan
Reaction score
Website
www.mudelephant.com
I had a bad feeling going into last night's game. I didn't like the way everyone in the media was picking the Patriots to beat the Colts. The hype around Belichick's mystique had never been so great following their win in Buffalo. But they could easily have lost that game and the narrative would have been completely different.

I still think there has been a brain-drain in coaching on Belichick's staff. He can't do everything. I think that accounts for the three blocked punts.

As much as I didn't feel confident before the game, they played worse than I would have imagined, especially after a bye week.

We have heard so much about how the the Patriots' linemen are bigger than most teams. Turns out that the Colts have big linemen too.

For the most part, I thought Mac Jones looked pretty good. It would help if they had an elite receiver. Someone who can catch the well-thrown balls that Jakoby Meyers can't seem to get.

We are so spoiled by Tom Brady that we think the two interceptions Jones threw were horrible. They were, but a lot of supposedly great quarterbacks have thrown bad interceptions. I think Mac Jones looked pretty good compared to, for example, Peyton Manning. I thought Carson Wentz was really bad.

I had a bad feeling going into last night's game. I didn't like the way everyone in the media was picking the Patriots to beat the Colts. The hype around Belichick's mystique had never been so great following their win in Buffalo. But they could easily have lost that game and the narrative would have been completely different.

I still think there has been a brain-drain in coaching on Belichick's staff. He can't do everything. I think that accounts for the three blocked punts.

As much as I didn't feel confident before the game, they played worse than I would have imagined, especially after a bye week.

We have heard so much about how the the Patriots' linemen are bigger than most teams. Turns out that the Colts have big linemen too.

For the most part, I thought Mac Jones looked pretty good. It would help if they had an elite receiver. Someone who can catch the well-thrown balls that Jakoby Meyers can't seem to get.

We are so spoiled by Tom Brady that we think the two interceptions Jones threw were horrible. They were, but a lot of supposedly great quarterbacks have thrown bad interceptions. I think Mac Jones looked pretty good compared to, for example, Peyton Manning. I thought Carson Wentz was really bad.
They really do need a true #1 WR...agreed.

Not surprised? I am.

The one thing that could have been a problem was coming out flat which is what happened, but I don’t expect to see a lack if intensity and losing like that to an inferior .500 team. They served up a win like I didn’t expect.

If Wentz had some great game and we lost, sure. He stinks as do his passing weapons. If Taylor dominated, I could see a regular loss where the other team has great performances, but it wasn’t the case.

There were 10-14 point swings multiple times last night. Before half and us settling for a FG after Onwenu’s gaffe Brand King’s gaffe on the FG.

Indy had every break under the moon, a dozen examples deep.

And even stil, the Pats could have stolen it. Most people picked the Pats because the Pats are a better team.

Last edited:
Not surprised? I am.

The one thing that could have been a problem wws coming out flat which is what happened, but I don’t expect to see a lack if intensity and losing like that to an inferior .500 team. They served up a win like I didn’t expect.

If Wentz had some great game and we lost, sure. He stinks as do his passing weapons. If Taylor dominated, I could see a regular loss where the other team has great performances, but it wasn’t the case.

There were 10-14 point swings multiple times last night. Before half and us settling for a FG after Onwenu’s gaffe Brand King’s gaffe on the FG.

Indy had every break under the moon, a dozen examples deep.

And even stil, the Pats could have stolen it. Most people picked the Pats because the Pats are a better team.
If you think Wentz stinks by virtue of their predilcaton to not throw the ball and successfully run it down the Pats throats last night I shudder at the thought of your take on Macs 3 pass running game win against buffalo 2 weeks ago.

Come on man,

Before this 3 game stretch started, I said I'd be happy going 2-1. And I feel the same way today.

If you think Wentz stinks by virtue of their predilcaton to not throw the ball and successfully run it down the Pats throats last night I shudder at the thought of your take on Macs 3 pass running game win against buffalo 2 weeks ago.

Come on man,

But Wentz did stink - 5/12, 57 yds, PR 49; 1 TD, 1 int.
Mac - 26/45, 299 yds, PR 74; 2, 2.

But Wentz did stink - 5/12, 57 yds, PR 49; 1 TD, 1 int.
Mac - 26/45, 299 yds, PR 74; 2, 2.
Didn't say he didnt. Was suggesting the inflammatory, rhetoric filled perspective may be seriously and hypocritically off.

Back