NOW we're on to Cleveland...

Cleveland's Plain Dealer predicts the Pats will win by a lot.

By Scott Patsko, cleveland.com Follow on Twitter
on October 08, 2016 at 1:47 PM, updated October 08, 2016 at 1:48 PM

CLEVELAND, Ohio – The Browns (0-4) face the Patriots (3-1) on Sunday at FirstEnergy Stadium in Week 5 of the NFL season. Kick off is at 1 p.m.
The Browns will play their second home game of the season, still searching for the first Hue Jackson's first win as coach.
The Patriots lost for the first time last week, and get quarterback Tom Brady back after a four-week suspension.
So how will Sunday's game go? Writers at cleveland.com have made their picks:
Mary Kay Cabot (4-0)
Patriots 31, Brown 20: Tom Brady deflates Browns hopes for their first victory of the season.
Dan Labbe (4-0)
Patriots 34, Browns 17: Too much talent on one side and too much inexperience on the other.
Doug Lesmerises (4-0)
Patriots 35, Browns 20: That's five touchdown passes for Tom Brady. Four of us picked the Browns to score 20 last week and were right, so ride with 20 again.
Bud Shaw (2-2)
Patriots 27, Browns 17: Tom Brady arrives in a bad mood, Bill Belichick an even worse one if that's possible.
Scott Patsko (1-3)
Patriots 35, Browns 10: No controversial fumble or taunting call this week. No wide left on a game-winning field goal. The Browns simply get beat.

Good write up, although I'm not sure of the rust thing, he has played 16 years and not sure I see it different than the first game after an offseason, but maybe.
I think you're right - it is exactly like the first preseason game...for Brady. Alas, the defense he is facing is playing in mid-season form and comprised of guys who made the 53 and opposed to a 90-man roster.

Not a huge difference, perhaps, but I keep hearing from BB how all NFL teams are good and wins are hard to come by.

All I know is that if Brady looks rusty, Felger, Tanguay, et al who complained that Brady took preseason reps away from JG will now be saying how short-sighted it was not to give TFB more preseason reps.

I think you're right - it is exactly like the first preseason game...for Brady. Alas, the defense he is facing is playing in mid-season form and comprised of guys who made the 53 and opposed to a 90-man roster.

Not a huge difference, perhaps, but I keep hearing from BB how all NFL teams are good and wins are hard to come by.

All I know is that if Brady looks rusty, Felger, Tanguay, et al who complained that Brady took preseason reps away from JG will now be saying how short-sighted it was not to give TFB more preseason reps.

Great points here especially the Felger/Tanguay take. lol. Those guys are insufferable. Although I have a feeling they will be in their joy ripping the Sox for losing the first two games and if we lose today then they will be overjoyed so the Pats probably take a back seat especially if we win and Brady plays well.

I was reading that the Browns are terrible in coverage of TEs and RBs. Think of Seattle in the SB. I have to believe this plays great into Brady's wheelhouse and if Gronk is close to 100 percent then he and Bennett wreak havoc. I also think we will see a lot of White as well. The one thing that Jimmy and Jacoby did not do much of was throw to RBs probably because those reads and throws require a QB with Brady's level of experience and accuracy. So, I have to believe our offense has its way and that should be enough assuming we at least contain the Browns run game.

Ding ding ding....yep, I can hear it now.

CuUOB3cUEAAfCJC.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gmD5Ok0auDc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:clap:

I think this will be a tougher game than most. Hey I'd love to be wrong but I see a winless team taking a stand at home tomorrow. By opening lines highest high dogs have covered 4 weeks in a row. The Browns are a team on the fence ready to fall but I expect them to put up a big fight for their coach.

Patriots offense / Browns defense

I think LG Blount is huge here. How his hip feels could really swing this game. The Browns, despite using resources to stop the run, are not good in this area. NE 3RD RUN / CLE 24TH vs. RUN

They drafted Danny Shelton very high and hes had little impact so far. He was and is a work progress. Hes down to 335, from 370 last year. Still the hes really a guy you want to attack. He can moved and washed out laterally. Doesn't demand a double team imo.

I expect out running game to be important. I'd move him with an off tackle run, strong side behind an extra blocker. Get these guys coming forward and move them. Draws. Play action should be in clicking by the 3rd quarter.

I think we'll see a lot of 3 wide sets or trips. Joe is playing better. Taylor #2, is solid but no reason he cant because picked on. Tramon Williams (42.2 grade) or Briean Boddy-Calhoun (55.9) will almost force Josh's hand into making them go nickel they've been so bad.

I'm also picking on Demario Davis. We remember him from his jet days. Over hyped by Rex saying he's the team Ray Lewis lol. Anyway Davis is poor in run and pass. We have 2 of the best in the game. One is at least healthy. The guy cant/won't play the ball/QB and therefore is always out of position and lost in space out of breaks. Hes an athlete but just not good at the fundamentals.

Overall I'd like to see our line lead the way here. I'm not saying were going full Chip Kelly (East/West run game to fatigue a defense) but let's do what works against them. Have them commit, wash/move laterally and hit them down the middle.

I'm looking at Bennett to have another big day. He has to licking his chops having Brady back. Hey if Gronk is hurt let's feed the beast. He has almost a half foot on everyone hes up against and hes been our best rec threat so far this year.

Chris Hogan? Yeah time to step up. I want to see something from him. 11 is hurt. Hes the next man up. Our passing game should have its way. The defense isn't the strong unit on this team.

One guy I really like and is sure to make a few plays is Christian Kirksey. Hes playing the pass and run good. Nice range on all levels. Smart, instinctive first step. He'll get in trouble by being too aggressive and miss tackles. Something that has hurt the entire defense. Really sloppy play throughout the year that resembled what we looked like last week. Missed tackles, no lane discipline and not enough want to.

Patriots defense / Browns offense

No secret here. Pryor and I.C. All day long. If Coleman was playing it would a lot tougher but these two are the guys.

I'm putting Ryan on Pryor with DMC over the top and feeling pretty good about that. I'm a Ryan fan and just know what I'm getting with him. He's a physical cb that has been here before. His flaws will always be there but hes showed so much and is a legit #2. He also has had success against some of the best, bigger wr's in the game. Bill has confidence in him. Although Pryor screaming down the right side might make him change his mind?

Pryor is a great athlete and don't want him behind you. He doesn't have a crazy lighting quick first step buts hes plenty explosive. Everything in front you. Wrap up! No ankle, shoulder tackles. Gang tackle him and make it a point to hold on with the first tackler. No yac.

Crowell is a Bill kind of back. Big, explosive and tough. Very much like LG. This is a guy you need to stop before he starts. Get him to stop and looking for a hole rather than see/hit hole. Every time his feet stop we win. Go east/west.

The line is playing better and seemingly happier. Last year they were a disaster going back and forth between zone concepts and a vertical passing game and power/vertical game. The shift rings true with the departure of Mack and Swartz.

Now their seemingly running power. Think double teams, pulling etc. We need Brown and Branch to step up here and control their lanes. The Browns will look to make it a numbers advantage so I'd expect us to counter with some our DE's up the middle when the numbers are on our side after the Browns commit.

The line has played very well in the first four games, especially run blocking. I'm looking the right side to see if there's any give there. Pasztor doesn't have the best foot work and will get top heavy and too front loaded at times. Greco, the C, is a phone booth guy who will get too high and can be leveraged. Tough guy you want to get moving and use his lack of athleticism against him.

This isnt Taylor so the threat of the QB running just isn't there. This should be a game where our line and 7 can refocus and get back to basics. Things should feel "familiar" for them and this should be a nice bounce back game for the defense. The offense should show flashes on a few drives (3-5) where we see what we can do.

GO PATS :patriotlogo: :shoot:

Patty*

Good write up, R+L=Negan.

I actually think Brady will air it out pretty good in this game. To me, James White is bigger in this game than Blount just because it's Brady at QB who can use White to best advantage in the passing game with at least a threat of the run. I'm also thinking BB thinks he can win this game without risking further injury to Blount. Ride White & save Blount is my thinking. Blount will have some moments.
Besides, Gronk is supposed to be closer to 100% than last week and add in Bennett and Brady has weapons. Hogan should be more comfortable with Brady than he was with Brissett since Hogan took 1st team reps all TC and preseason. Mitchell should be back close to 100%, too.

I think it'll be a rough, tough physical game but I think the Pats win by 13+ today.

Good write up, R+L=Negan.

I actually think Brady will air it out pretty good in this game. To me, James White is bigger in this game than Blount just because it's Brady at QB who can use White to best advantage in the passing game with at least a threat of the run. I'm also thinking BB thinks he can win this game without risking further injury to Blount. Ride White & save Blount is my thinking. Blount will have some moments.
Besides, Gronk is supposed to be closer to 100% than last week and add in Bennett and Brady has weapons. Hogan should be more comfortable with Brady than he was with Brissett since Hogan took 1st team reps all TC and preseason. Mitchell should be back close to 100%, too.

I think it'll be a rough, tough physical game but I think the Pats win by 13+ today.

:toast:

Back