NOW we're on to Cleveland...

I was crying laughing reading this, 6 Clevelands in one answer ROFL

"Right now, our focus is on Cleveland, trying to get ready to go on to Cleveland," he said. "Can't do anything about what it was, or wasn't, the last four weeks. We're into Cleveland week, and that's all our focus is. We're not worried about last week, not worried about next week, not worried about last year. We're worried about this week against Cleveland. That's it. We're focused on Cleveland this week, period. Cleveland."

That's a classic but to Dilfer's credit he most definitely owned up to being totally off base on that one.

I'm a cynical bastard and I give him no credit. He looked unbelievable stupid and arrogant (because he was) and damage control absolutely required falling on the sword to hopefully create the "well you got to give him credit" response. He had ZERO other options. No exit. And in the new world order, you just say your sorry (don't need to mean it, just say it) and your home free.

:4321: him.

Cheers

I'm a cynical bastard and I give him no credit. He looked unbelievable stupid and arrogant (because he was) and damage control absolutely required falling on the sword to hopefully create the "well you got to give him credit" response. He had ZERO other options. No exit. And in the new world order, you just say your sorry (don't need to mean it, just say it) and your home free.

:4321: him.

Cheers

There's a cornucopia of "gewrewz" out there that are worse than Dilhole...at least he can speak American. :coffee:

Wednesday practice report:

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (3-1)

OUT
No Players Listed.

DID NOT PARTICIPATE
RB Brandon Bolden - Knee
LB Shea McClellin - Concussion
DL Vincent Valentine - Back

LIMITED PARTICIPATION
RB LeGarrette Blount - Hip
QB Jacoby Brissett - Right Thumb
OT Marcus Cannon - Calf
LB Jonathan Freeny - Shoulder
QB Jimmy Garoppolo - Right Shoulder
TE Rob Gronkowski - Hamstring
LB Dont'a Hightower - Knee
OL Joe Thuney - Shoulder

FULL PARTICIPATION
No Players Listed.

CLEVELAND BROWNS (0-4)

OUT
No Players Listed.

DID NOT PARTICIPATE
WR Corey Coleman - Hand
TE Seth DeValve - Knee
C Cameron Erving - Chest/Lung
QB Josh McCown - Left Shoulder
OL Austin Reiter - Knee
TE Randall Telfer - Ankle
T Joe Thomas (Not Injury Related)

LIMITED PARTICIPATION
S Ibraheim Campbell - Hamstring
CB Joe Haden - Groin/Thigh
DE Carl Nassib - Hand
CB Tramon Williams - Shoulder

FULL PARTICIPATION
WR Andrew Hawkins - Calf

I see we are 10 point favorites in Cleveland. All I want is the win.

Cleveland has been in every game this year.
Little bit worried about our DLine after that Buffalo game.

I see we are 10 point favorites in Cleveland. All I want is the win.

Cleveland has been in every game this year.
Little bit worried about our DLine after that Buffalo game.
Meh, you can't take the last game they played and think that's how they'll play next week. It's the same DLine that played Houston, right?

i'm a cynical bastard and i give him no credit. He looked unbelievable stupid and arrogant (because he was) and damage control absolutely required falling on the sword to hopefully create the "well you got to give him credit" response. He had zero other options. No exit. And in the new world order, you just say your sorry (don't need to mean it, just say it) and your home free.

:4321: Him.

Cheers

there. Are. Rules.

That's a classic but to Dilfer's credit he most definitely owned up to being totally off base on that one.

The best part of Dilfer's mea culpa is that Tom Jackson is sitting next to him shaking his head in acknowledgment. The same Tom Jackson that famously stated the team hated BB after the Bills 31-0 opening day win and the Lawyer Milloy cut/signing. At BSPN, stupidity runs in the family.

Edelman added to the report, Limited - Foot.

OUT
No Players Listed.

DID NOT PARTICIPATE
RB Brandon Bolden - Knee
OT Marcus Cannon - Calf
LB Shea McClellin - Concussion
DL Vincent Valentine - Back

LIMITED PARTICIPATION
RB LeGarrette Blount - Hip
QB Jacoby Brissett - Right Thumb
WR Julian Edelman - Foot
LB Jonathan Freeny - Shoulder
QB Jimmy Garoppolo - Right Shoulder
TE Rob Gronkowski - Hamstring
LB Dont'a Hightower - Knee
OL Joe Thuney - Shoulder

FULL PARTICIPATION
No Players Listed.

CLEVELAND BROWNS (0-4)

OUT
No Players Listed.

DID NOT PARTICIPATE
WR Corey Coleman - Hand
TE Seth DeValve - Knee
C Cameron Erving - Chest/Lung
QB Josh McCown - Left Shoulder
OL Austin Reiter - Knee
TE Randall Telfer - Ankle

LIMITED PARTICIPATION
S Ibraheim Campbell - Hamstring
DE Carl Nassib - Hand
CB Tramon Williams - Shoulder

FULL PARTICIPATION
CB Joe Haden - Groin/Thigh
WR Andrew Hawkins - Calf
T Joe Thomas (Not Injury Related)

That stinks. I hope Edelman's foot is not flaring up and a hip injury ended Blount's season last year so I hope that is not anything serious.

From a political article with poll results from Ohio voters, here are the two non-political polls:

-Urban Meyer might be the next most popular person in the state, with 55% of voters seeing him favorably to 7% who have a negative opinion of him. He has another thing going for him too- 62% of voters in the state think Ohio State would win a football game against the Cleveland Browns, to only 23% who think the NFL team would prevail.

-As bad as the Browns might be they're still the state's NFL team of choice, beating out the Bengals 43/29. That's consistent with the state's general preference for the Cleveland sports teams- the Indians beat out the Reds 44/34.

Good luck against Cleveland this week fellas (and ladies). I suppose the only thing to worry about is Isiah Crowell...other than that, maybe Pryor. With Brady back, I'm expecting a few TD's to Edelman (because he's on my fantasy team and the SOB owes me). Brady has to be licking his chops.

From a political article with poll results from Ohio voters, here are the two non-political polls:

-Urban Meyer might be the next most popular person in the state, with 55% of voters seeing him favorably to 7% who have a negative opinion of him. He has another thing going for him too- 62% of voters in the state think Ohio State would win a football game against the Cleveland Browns, to only 23% who think the NFL team would prevail.

-As bad as the Browns might be they're still the state's NFL team of choice, beating out the Bengals 43/29. That's consistent with the state's general preference for the Cleveland sports teams- the Indians beat out the Reds 44/34.

Well, it's Ohio...they're morons. An NFL team would crush a college team...even a bad one playing a good one.

Friday's injury report:

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2016

OUT
RB Brandon Bolden - Knee (DNP)
QB Jacoby Brissett - Right Thumb (DNP)
LB Shea McClellin - Concussion (DNP)

DOUBTFUL
No Players Listed.

QUESTIONABLE
RB LeGarrette Blount - Hip (LP)
OT Marcus Cannon - Calf (LP)
WR Julian Edelman - Foot (LP)
LB Jonathan Freeny - Shoulder (LP)
QB Jimmy Garoppolo - Right Shoulder (LP)
TE Rob Gronkowski - Hamstring (LP)
LB Dont'a Hightower - Knee (LP)
OL Joe Thuney - Shoulder (LP)
DL Vincent Valentine - Back (DNP)

CLEVELAND BROWNS (0-4)

OUT
WR Corey Coleman - Hand (DNP)
TE Seth DeValve - Knee (DNP)
C Cameron Erving - Chest/Lung (DNP)
QB Josh McCown - Left Shoulder (DNP)
OL Austin Reiter - Knee (DNP)
TE Randall Telfer - Ankle (DNP)

DOUBTFUL
No Players Listed.

QUESTIONABLE
S Ibraheim Campbell - Hamstring (FP)
DE Carl Nassib - Hand (LP)
CB Tramon Williams - Shoulder (LP)

Take away Terrelle Pyror: Pryor has been the Browns best playmaker of the season, so I expect the Patriots to try to neutralize his impact. I would expect them to put a safety over the top of him and have the corners just play sides, but if they want a specific guy underneath him, I would opt for either Justin Coleman or Logan Ryan. Malcolm Butler will have to win his 1-on-1 on the other side of the field unless the Patriots are able to play their 3-safety base defense against the run and funnel Duron Harmon to his side of the field.
Stop the run with a light box: The Browns have a very good rushing attack headlined by Isaiah Crowell, who is averaging 6.5 yards per attempt. He averaged 7.4 YPC against the Ravens, so he's very capable of slicing up a good run defense. The Browns might have turmoil across their QB and skill positions on offense, but their offensive line and running game is no joke. In order for the Patriots to be able to successfully shut down the Browns offense, they cannot be forced to have to replace a 3rd safety with a 3rd linebacker to stop the run since that opens up the downfield shots. That puts a lot of pressure on the edge rushers to funnel the ball inside to the big DTs and LBs inside and those guys need to make the stops. If the Browns are able to run the ball, it puts a lot of pressure on everyone in the secondary and the offense.
Chris Hogan needs to step up: 7 of Chris Hogan's 8 catches came with Jimmy Garoppolo playing QB. With the Patriots having to adjust their offense to Jacoby Brissett's strengths and his thumb injury limiting their game plan against the Bills, he's been lost in the shuffle. With Tom Brady returning at QB, Hogan's role in the offense should increase. With Julian Edelman, Rob Gronkowkski, and LeGarrette Blount all battling injuries this week, Hogan may be the most important player on the perimeter. If Hogan is able to carry a large portion of the offense, the Patriots should be fine on that side of the ball.

Special Teams needs to keep winning the field position battle: One thing that has buoyed the Patriots to a 3-1 start has been the solid play from their special teams units.

I don't expect Brady to be clicking on all cylinders since he's been out for 5 weeks from any game action. That means we'll likely see some errors on timing routes from both the QB and WRs. That could mean that Ryan Allen could be punting more than we'd like and red zone drives ending in Gostkowski FG attempts instead of touchdowns. If the Patriots can make Cody Kessler go 80+ yards every drive while creating short fields for Tom, this could get ugly quick.
For the final score, I predict a Patriots 27-24 victory. I don't think the Browns will roll over and suck like they usually do against NFL teams. They are 0-4, but had the lead in the 4th quarter in their last 3 games and an opportunity to win 2 of them and didn't deliver. If the Patriots think the Browns will be a cakewalk, they're in for a rude awakening. Fortunately, I think the loss to Buffalo last week plus the return of Brady will ignite the team to play harder.

http://www.patspulpit.com/2016/10/8...ngland-patriots-likely-game-plan-vs-cleveland

Take away Terrelle Pyror: Pryor has been the Browns best playmaker of the season, so I expect the Patriots to try to neutralize his impact. I would expect them to put a safety over the top of him and have the corners just play sides, but if they want a specific guy underneath him, I would opt for either Justin Coleman or Logan Ryan. Malcolm Butler will have to win his 1-on-1 on the other side of the field unless the Patriots are able to play their 3-safety base defense against the run and funnel Duron Harmon to his side of the field.
Stop the run with a light box: The Browns have a very good rushing attack headlined by Isaiah Crowell, who is averaging 6.5 yards per attempt. He averaged 7.4 YPC against the Ravens, so he's very capable of slicing up a good run defense. The Browns might have turmoil across their QB and skill positions on offense, but their offensive line and running game is no joke. In order for the Patriots to be able to successfully shut down the Browns offense, they cannot be forced to have to replace a 3rd safety with a 3rd linebacker to stop the run since that opens up the downfield shots. That puts a lot of pressure on the edge rushers to funnel the ball inside to the big DTs and LBs inside and those guys need to make the stops. If the Browns are able to run the ball, it puts a lot of pressure on everyone in the secondary and the offense.
Chris Hogan needs to step up: 7 of Chris Hogan's 8 catches came with Jimmy Garoppolo playing QB. With the Patriots having to adjust their offense to Jacoby Brissett's strengths and his thumb injury limiting their game plan against the Bills, he's been lost in the shuffle. With Tom Brady returning at QB, Hogan's role in the offense should increase. With Julian Edelman, Rob Gronkowkski, and LeGarrette Blount all battling injuries this week, Hogan may be the most important player on the perimeter. If Hogan is able to carry a large portion of the offense, the Patriots should be fine on that side of the ball.

Special Teams needs to keep winning the field position battle: One thing that has buoyed the Patriots to a 3-1 start has been the solid play from their special teams units.

I don't expect Brady to be clicking on all cylinders since he's been out for 5 weeks from any game action. That means we'll likely see some errors on timing routes from both the QB and WRs. That could mean that Ryan Allen could be punting more than we'd like and red zone drives ending in Gostkowski FG attempts instead of touchdowns. If the Patriots can make Cody Kessler go 80+ yards every drive while creating short fields for Tom, this could get ugly quick.
For the final score, I predict a Patriots 27-24 victory. I don't think the Browns will roll over and suck like they usually do against NFL teams. They are 0-4, but had the lead in the 4th quarter in their last 3 games and an opportunity to win 2 of them and didn't deliver. If the Patriots think the Browns will be a cakewalk, they're in for a rude awakening. Fortunately, I think the loss to Buffalo last week plus the return of Brady will ignite the team to play harder.

http://www.patspulpit.com/2016/10/8...ngland-patriots-likely-game-plan-vs-cleveland

Good write up, although I'm not sure of the rust thing, he has played 16 years and not sure I see it different than the first game after an offseason, but maybe. I am not sure the browns are that good but yeah the pats are some teams superbowl, so I expect a good try for sure. The patriots do not really think along the lines fans do, they do not think anyone is a cake walk, so not sure that is a reality. It might be a different had they cruised to a win last week, but I think if they have any guts, they would come out here and try to crush the browns.

Back