*Off Topic* I need a bit of advice...

IU_Knightmare

Reaction score
I have a few 5-7 pound whole unsliced deli style hams, turkeys and chickens...the kind your grocery deli counter slices up for you on demand and charges 6-10 bucks a pound for. Don't ask how I got them lol. I have a deli style counter meat slicer, so I sliced up half of them when I got them, packaged and froze them and the other half I just froze whole. They have been great, I just wonder what to do with the remaining whole ones...prep wise. Ham isn't hard to figure, there are dozens of uses for whole boneless hams. But other than lunchmeat or sandwich meat, how could one use the turkey and/or chicken varieties? Anyone have any creative ideas for preparing these, or recipes?

Any reason to not have this thread in the main forum? More eyes and replies.

I have a few 5-7 pound whole unsliced deli style hams, turkeys and chickens...the kind your grocery deli counter slices up for you on demand and charges 6-10 bucks a pound for. Don't ask how I got them lol. I have a deli style counter meat slicer, so I sliced up half of them when I got them, packaged and froze them and the other half I just froze whole. They have been great, I just wonder what to do with the remaining whole ones...prep wise. Ham isn't hard to figure, there are dozens of uses for whole boneless hams. But other than lunchmeat or sandwich meat, how could one use the turkey and/or chicken varieties? Anyone have any creative ideas for preparing these, or recipes?
For the turkey or chicken you can make chili, store it in well sealed plastic containers and freeze it. Should be ok for months. Lots of good recipes on line.

my italian girl friends would probably make sauce with it and freeze it in 1-2 people serving size bags. then when they get home and are tired, make some pasta, thaw out and pan reheat a bag of sauce, amd boom....a lower effort meal.
}erfect. Just what we do with leftovers.

my italian girl friends would probably make sauce with it and freeze it in 1-2 people serving size bags. then when they get home and are tired, make some pasta, thaw out and pan reheat a bag of sauce, amd boom....a lower effort meal.
Make sauce with deli ham? My Italian wife would disagree 😜

You could do Pulled chicken or turkey: It already has low structure, why not lean into that? Maybe with slaw and potatoes or something, maybe with mac and cheese and a veg (on the side or everything mixed together), when is pulled poultry a bad thing?

I did watch the gal who has a yuge grill...but, she's tiny. Impressive rack though ;) I heard that she was having an affair with one of the Good Morning America's people. It wasn't Al Rocker though.

Anyway, I wasn't watching her cook food, I was just memorized by her impressive rack. :coffee:

I did watch the gal who has a yuge grill...but, she's tiny. Impressive rack though ;) I heard that she was having an affair with one of the Good Morning America's people. It wasn't Al Rocker though.

Anyway, I wasn't watching her cook food, I was just memorized by her impressive rack. :coffee:

Is it bad that I didn't have any idea which morning show he was on or that he was even still alive? LOL

3f44371288defc5002e18743d9568129.jpg

Back