*Off Topic* I need a bit of advice...

Thanks for your replies. I like the salad idea and of course pulled meat sandwiches and meat sauces sound good too. Those al seem good for the chicken.

I think I may try and smoke the turkey as an experiment. Since its loaded with sodium being a whole unsliced bowling ball of deli meat I might use a salt free Cajun dry rub, pop it in a highwall pan with a stick unsalted butter to keep it from drying out at 200 for a couple hours. Slice it carver style 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick and make a red eye gravy with the pan drippings. Thoughts?

Thanks for your replies. I like the salad idea and of course pulled meat sandwiches and meat sauces sound good too. Those al seem good for the chicken.

I think I may try and smoke the turkey as an experiment. Since its loaded with sodium being a whole unsliced bowling ball of deli meat I might use a salt free Cajun dry rub, pop it in a highwall pan with a stick unsalted butter to keep it from drying out at 200 for a couple hours. Slice it carver style 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick and make a red eye gravy with the pan drippings. Thoughts?
I have never smoked deli turkey but have smoked hotel style turkey breasts. It might work, can’t hurt to try!

Back