Offenses Are Ahead League Wide (Other Ds Are Sucking, Too!)

Actually no....They lost Collins in the secondary, so its not really in tact. The pats are very young, its not an issue with people not being there. The pats defense got better as the year went along last year and this year they changed the entire defensive set, so it was just not going to snap into place. But GB is not getting collins back and woodson is not getting younger.

okay 75% intact vs 25%? Young and inexperienced is a deadly combination. Mccourty looks like he is in that "sophomore slump" Bodden looks like Willie Gay(okay maybe not this bad). And you swapped both safeties. You guys do not have a pass rusher like a clay matthews, I like mayo but that isnt his style.

You are right 1st 8 games you all allowed 268pypg second half down to 248. I would be more curious to see what the weather was like for some of those games. Our teams do benefit from it.

Woodson's age means nothing to me as long as he can keep up.

okay 75% intact vs 25%? Young and inexperienced is a deadly combination. Mccourty looks like he is in that "sophomore slump" Bodden looks like Willie Gay(okay maybe not this bad). And you swapped both safeties. You guys do not have a pass rusher like a clay matthews, I like mayo but that isnt his style.

You are right 1st 8 games you all allowed 268pypg second half down to 248. I would be more curious to see what the weather was like for some of those games. Our teams do benefit from it.

Woodson's age means nothing to me as long as he can keep up.

I do not care about yards as much as points. They gave up almost 20 points a game in the first half and that dropped to 17 ppg in the second half. If the pats were giving up 17 ppg right now, there are not many teams that could beat them. As far as weather, that does not seem to affect the patriots either offensively of defensively, so don't really care about that either.

Outside of Rivers you honestly think that the Dolphins and Bills are all world offenses?

Part of the problem(and to me its not really a problem) that hasnt been discussed is the fact that you guys have had leads on all of your opponents thus forcing them to throw the ball. It worked the first two weeks but last week you guys had too many to's.

The defense up in NE has been suspect for the past 5(4?) years. The offense however has been so efficient it isn't a concern unless they lose. In some ways they have morphed into the colts of the early 2000's.

With the steelers going to play against Andre Johnson, I am more than worried; he could very easily have a welker game in terms of catches yards and td's from last week.

The packers situation is a tad different they have been without one of the better/unknown cb's in Tramon Williams

The Bills have a definite top 10 and perhaps even a top 5 offense. Impossible to dispute at this point.

It definitely seems like GB should improve, but I don't think missing your slot receiver is a harder thing to overcome than a complete overhaul to your defensive system. :shrug:

The Bills have a definite top 10 and perhaps even a top 5 offense. Impossible to dispute at this point.

It definitely seems like GB should improve, but I don't think missing your slot receiver is a harder thing to overcome than a complete overhaul to your defensive system. :shrug:

right now no I can argue that buffalo has to be averaging over 30 ppg(?)

I dont understand the italicized/underlined part?

I do not care about yards as much as points. They gave up almost 20 points a game in the first half and that dropped to 17 ppg in the second half. If the pats were giving up 17 ppg right now, there are not many teams that could beat them. As far as weather, that does not seem to affect the patriots either offensively of defensively, so don't really care about that either.

You dont think <s>shitty</s> real football weather conditions could dictate what a team can or can not do in a particular game?

Oops, slot defender (where Williams plays), not slot receiver.
ahh got ya, williams is the number 2 cb though, has been since they released al harris or harris got injured etc. Or am I wrong in this?

ahh got ya, williams is the number 2 cb though, has been since they released al harris or harris got injured etc. Or am I wrong in this?

I could be wrong, but I thought he was the star. Ultimately the difference between missing your #2 or your #3 isn't that much, especially for GB since they run a base nickle.

You dont think <s>shitty</s> real football weather conditions could dictate what a team can or can not do in a particular game?

To what teams? Other teams or the patriots? I watched them roll into Chicago last year with a 50 mph blizzard going on and rack up 475 yards of offense, so not, I do not think it hurts the Patriots at all. Not sure weather gets worse than that game.

The biggest surpise is the eagles secondarty you have over 130 Million in those 3 CB's. They have just plain sucked this year. Cruz owed Nnadi last week.

The biggest surpise is the eagles secondarty you have over 130 Million in those 3 CB's. They have just plain sucked this year. Cruz owed Nnadi last week.

I have said it in denver, I have said it with this team and I say it with philly. I dont care how many good CB's you have, if you do not pressure the QB, receivers in this league will get open.

I don’t know who has the best pass defense in the league, but it’s not much better than the worst. All of them are getting torched. I did a game in St. Louis last week, Torrey Smith, a rookie, scored three touchdowns in the first quarter. The lockout and the lack of being on the field has hurt secondaries and pass-defense schemes more than any other area of our game, and quarterbacks are exploiting it. Safeties are not ready. They are breaking down, the communication is not there and the cohesiveness is not there. With the lockout, no OTAs and a short time in minicamp, secondaries are floundering, not matching up to routes, not playing zone well, not playing man well, they can’t sync up with blitzes. It’s the worst I’ve seen.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td style="width: 20px;" valign="top">—</td> <td class="quote_source" valign="top"> Soloman Wilcots</td></tr></tbody></table>

I don’t know who has the best pass defense in the league, but it’s not much better than the worst. All of them are getting torched. I did a game in St. Louis last week, Torrey Smith, a rookie, scored three touchdowns in the first quarter. The lockout and the lack of being on the field has hurt secondaries and pass-defense schemes more than any other area of our game, and quarterbacks are exploiting it. Safeties are not ready. They are breaking down, the communication is not there and the cohesiveness is not there. With the lockout, no OTAs and a short time in minicamp, secondaries are floundering, not matching up to routes, not playing zone well, not playing man well, they can’t sync up with blitzes. It’s the worst I’ve seen.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td style="width: 20px;" valign="top">—</td> <td class="quote_source" valign="top"> Soloman Wilcots</td></tr></tbody></table>

Giving up 200 yards passing a game which I believe 11 teams are doing, is not getting torched....377 passing yards per game is getting torched. If we were middle of the pack then cool, hey everyone is getting it, but we are dead last and not even close to other teams on how bad we are getting lit up. So far by Henne who has not come close to doing that to anyone else. Rivers who is having a horrible start to the season, and Fitz who had his best yards passing against the pats by almost 100 yards.

Giving up 200 yards passing a game which I believe 11 teams are doing, is not getting torched....377 passing yards per game is getting torched. If we were middle of the pack then cool, hey everyone is getting it, but we are dead last and not even close to other teams on how bad we are getting lit up. So far by Henne who has not come close to doing that to anyone else. Rivers who is having a horrible start to the season, and Fitz who had his best yards passing against the pats by almost 100 yards.

Greenbay is allowing 358 yards a game:shrug: i'd say that's pretty close

~Dee~

~Dee~

It wouldn't matter so much if those 4 TOs didn't cost us the Bills game. We'd be 3-0 just like GB who is also 'struggling' defensively. It's a league wide phenomenon; it's not just us. Other teams know they are in for a shootout when they play us so they stress their passing game in their game plans. It's only natural. Now, if McCourty could only play even instead of trailing...

~Dee~

Yes, and the Fitzpatrick comment is a lapse in understanding as well. Buffalo won their first game by 34 points, why would they have tons of passing yards racked up? And they rolled up 366 yards in the second half alone against Oakland, is it really that important that many of those were rushing?

NE's pass defense sucks right now. No need to oversell a point we all understand. :shrug:

It wouldn't matter so much if those 4 TOs didn't cost us the Bills game. We'd be 3-0 just like GB who is also 'struggling' defensively. It's a league wide phenomenon; it's not just us. Other teams know they are in for a shootout when they play us so they stress their passing game in their game plans. It's only natural. Now, if McCourty could only play even instead of trailing...

Exactly. Passing yards across the league are high. In the Pats case I feel if they've gotten out to a big lead most abaondon the run so...............it only stands to reason passing yards go up. Actually I think we held them pretty well until the pick six.

~Dee~

By now....we all know that Brady had 4 TO's ROFL.....so back to the pass defense....the pats are giving up 377 yards per game, I am not concerned about we would be 3-0 if not for Brady,,, we all get that, but I am worrying about down the road when maybe.....Brady does not turn the ball over 4 times.....and you know...we actually play a great passing offense, and we have to...do something like, try and stop them. Everytime I bring up how much worse our pass defense is, I hear about the number of picks Brady had....if I did not sit here and watch 2010 and see Brady have 4 TO's all freaking year and seen our pass defense be 27th in the league, then I might try and draw some comparison, but as of now....not sure the two are related.

By now....we all know that Brady had 4 TO's ROFL.....so back to the pass defense....the pats are giving up 377 yards per game, I am not concerned about we would be 3-0 if not for Brady,,, we all get that, but I am worrying about down the road when maybe.....Brady does not turn the ball over 4 times.....and you know...we actually play a great passing offense, and we have to...do something like, try and stop them. Everytime I bring up how much worse our pass defense is, I hear about the number of picks Brady had....if I did not sit here and watch 2010 and see Brady have 4 TO's all freaking year and seen our pass defense be 27th in the league, then I might try and draw some comparison, but as of now....not sure the two are related.

Defense gave up 27 points they did win the game.>)

~Dee~

Back