I've played all my life. Still play twice a week.

Coach 2 youth teams as well.

I've never seen any reason to lift your knee to the point where your thigh is almost parallel to the ice surface. Think about it: you go into a corner for a one-on-one battle and you decide you're more balanced, stronger, and in a better position when you assume the flamingo stance?

Now I simply don't believe he's capable enough to plot out being able to sim his skate blade down between the back of the skate and the Achilles at full speed. But I do believe his thought process reverted back to one of up to no good.

Surprising the league squashed it so quickly. You would think by now any injury situation he's involved with would come with a face to face in NYC.

That third period last night was not exactly a piece of are. Hope that some other team takes out Buffalo before we have to play them.

Watching Devils game and they just showed fun fact: Marty Brodeur has more wins than 7 NHL franchises.

Pierre McGuire needs to DIAF already. Can't ****ing stand the clown.

Found this the other night, we were talking about him on our Blackhawks message board...oh, and him and Doc "DRIVE" me crazy.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The best drinking game of all time. If you love hockey, you will think this is probably the funniest, and best idea for a drinking game. This game is so realistic, and guarente's drunkness, after just 1 game.

The Offical Pierre Mcguire Drinking game:

DRINK ONE GULP OF YOUR DRINK IF PIERRE USES ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
* Dion Phaneuf
* Mike Richards
* Carey Price
* Jonathen Toews
* Monster
* Whaaamo!
* El- Kabong
* Real Deal
* Puck Poise
* Big Body Presence
* Active Stick
* Calls a Player "Special" or " a fine young man"
* Wow!
* Tenacity

DRINK TWO GULPS OF YOUR DRINK IF PIERRE:

* Giggles at any point during the game(this just made me burst out ****ing laughing for no reason.)
* Pronounces a European club team using European Pronounciation
* Mentions people he met in Europe
* Says " Team 'X' Scouting staff did a great job finding this player"
* Says Something extremeley gay (EX. Big Stick...SHOWERS....player with shirt off)
* Goes nuts when a team, has two many men
* WJC host city is "Beautiful" or "Filled with great people"
* If a stick breaks and Pierre rambles on about one-piece sticks
* Says welcome to the Show (Ex. Welcome to the Crosby Show)
* Cuts off Gord Miller (Ex. WJC 2009 Eberle ties the game)
* If pierre says "Time and Space"
* If Pierre goes on about a players Junior Career
* If Pierre says "Its Hammer Time"
* Says "Sheer Larcany"

HAVE 3 GULPS OF YOUR DRINK IF PIERRE:

* Mentions a Staal brother who isn't playing
* Mentions a Sutter brother who isn't involved in the game
* Says the Game is a Classic!
* says " Team X should be so exicted about havng this guy he is gonna be great for them down the road".
* If Pierre says "Roof Daddy"
* If Pierre goes " Thats a Double Dion"
* Pierre uses his famous line "He suckin' dirty pond water"
* "x" player is oozing with hockey sense."
* drink if pierre uses 3 or more adjectives consecutively to describe a player or a team... Ie: "Size, athleticism, composure etc..." extra drinks if he uses terms such as "big body presence" that are already on the chart as said adjectives.

CHUG A BEER IF PIERRE:

* Has an Orgasm at the mic (Ex. Dustin Tokarski save WJC 2009)
* If Pierre ruins the moment aka butchers the call (Ex. WJC 2009 Eberle ties the game with 5.5 seconds left.... Gord Miller: Can you Believe it!..Pierre: I can!
* Says " Thats vintage X" (Ex. Thats Vintage Jake Allen)

this guys a clown..had to post this as most of you are beer swirling hockey nuts! as I am minus the beer swirling part.

Ya, the dude is a ****ing wingnut. That drinking game has been around for years LOL, think it originated on hfboards.com

He's been on TV in Canada since I was a kid and I've always hated him. My Dad and I used to laugh that the worst part of the World Juniors each year is having to listen to that moron do play-by-play.

One of my favorites is how he always loves to refer to where players came from (ie. their college or junior team), as if that has meaning like in football. When he speaks about players he likes it takes him a good 45 seconds to say "He is a good prospect" because he spends 40 of those seconds orgasming and knowledge-dropping ... TENACITY and COLLEGE AFFILIATION and POISE OHMY!!!!!!

Ya, the dude is a ****ing wingnut. That drinking game has been around for years LOL, think it originated on hfboards.com

He's been on TV in Canada since I was a kid and I've always hated him. My Dad and I used to laugh that the worst part of the World Juniors each year is having to listen to that moron do play-by-play.

One of my favorites is how he always loves to refer to where players came from (ie. their college or junior team), as if that has meaning like in football. When he speaks about players he likes it takes him a good 45 seconds to say "He is a good prospect" because he spends 40 of those seconds orgasming and knowledge-dropping ... TENACITY and COLLEGE AFFILIATION and POISE OHMY!!!!!!

Not sure I mentioned this to you in the past. I have Canadian Satellite and have since back in the days of the Big ugly dishes, so I get a heavy dose of CBC, TSN, Sportsnet, and I bet there is a reason Pierre isnt on ANY of those major stations anymore....they can`t stand him either..guess he was a Coach too at one time?

I should send you pics of my home sports bar/rec room...lots of Patriots and Hockey stuff, bet you would enjoy it.

I think he actually still does some work with TSN but I think it's limited to the WJCs and draft. I think he is still a regular on TSN Radio though. I'm sure you know that back in the day he and Gord Miller were the primary play-by-play duo for TSN hockey games. Revolting.

He was an assistant coach with a few teams but failed hard at his first/only head coaching gig in the early 90s. I just can't stand the guy. I find he almost never offers interesting or unique analysis, and plays favorites as much or more than Don ****ing Cherry.

This is from one of the hfboards.com anti-Pierre McGuire threads from 2007:

He always picks one guy in the game to single out and then ONLY talk about that player for the rest of the game and who is always a terrible hockey player. Two examples of this is he picked Jarkko Ruutu "who is a player who brings so much to the table" and Steven Reinprect who he figures "will be a top 20 points getter in the league soon". What are you a damn Moron Pierre. Ruttu is a fourth line agitaor that has 16 pts in 79 games and plays 5 mins a game and Reinprect is a 30 year old band aid who has never played a full season and will never be in the top 50 scoring, nevermind the top 20.
My last comment about things i can't stand about him is whenever there is icing or offside Pierre just before the whistle will say "thats offisde" or "thats icing". Just shut up, sit there and eat some popcorn while somone polishes that bald noggin of yours. I'm sick of watching Pierre Mcguire hockey games on mute...and I think I represent the majority of hockey lovers when I say this guy should never be allowed to announce hockey games again.

Tough night for Bobby loo.

Performances like that sure are gonna make it tough to garner a top 6, a prospect, AND a 1st rounder. Lol!

Tough night for Bobby loo.

Performances like that sure are gonna make it tough to garner a top 6, a prospect, AND a 1st rounder. Lol!

Well, he didn't get much help and until that game he was having a stellar season.

But honestly, why should the Canucks move him for less than what they believe he is worth? Having two solid goalies is working fine for now so there really is no rush. He isn't acting out like spoiled NFL players and isn't a distraction.

It's good business sense to find the right deal and his numbers (aside from last game) demonstrate he is worth holding onto for now.

Well, he didn't get much help and until that game he was having a stellar season.

But honestly, why should the Canucks move him for less than what they believe he is worth? Having two solid goalies is working fine for now so there really is no rush. He isn't acting out like spoiled NFL players and isn't a distraction.

It's good business sense to find the right deal and his numbers (aside from last game) demonstrate he is worth holding onto for now.

I can see why he lost his #1 spot, Schneider is pretty solid. It IS nice to have a good #2, as the Hawks had Crawford go down,but Really with the way Emery has played, there appears to be no real #1 right now, and it seems ok.

I am honestly impressed with Emery, he is like 2 different people, the crappy Goalie with head case issues before he got sick, and the pretty solid Goalie now with seemingly no sideshow issues...and yeah he WAS crappy when he was with Ottawa, used to see him allot against the Sabres.

He had his moments in OTT, but overall I agree.

I'm a big fan of Schneider, but he's still adjusting so I don't mind having Lou sitting behind him for now. Too bad Kesler is out again. Love him but he just can't stay on the ice these days :(

Just have to say how proud I am as a Hawks fans, yeah, only been a fan about 5 years now, but they`re reminding me of the Patriots record setting Team.

Not bad, my Teams, Pats, Spurs Hawks...representing themselves well year in and year out.

What made you decide to be a Hawks fan?

I was a die hard Sabres fan for 35 years, when I say die hard, I mean hardly missed any games on TV or in person for years, and my local team (Rochester Americans) were their farm team for years too.

Simply put, I can`t stand Darcy Regier, I couldnt stand watching my favorite players be stonewalled on contracts, being traded or being allowed to walk with no compensation at all.

I found it hard to enjoy watching them anymore, and liked maybe 3 players on the entire team.As usual ,they missed the playoffs, so I needed a team to root for, and I just fell in love with the Blackhawks players, style and coach, and just kept watching them.

Now, I still like the sabres, but its total apathy now, and don`t you know Darcy Regier is STILL there!

I also like watching Winnipeg and Edmonton, but the Hawks are firmly entrenched as my fave now...I`m not one of those people who switches teams..been a pats fan for 36 years and spurs for 20, but with the sabres, just had enough.I cant root for a team that seems to just go through the motions and doesnt really try to win.If youre trying, thats all I care about.

F'n Montreal!

Still got the refs in the hip pocket.

A two hand crosscheck to Seguin, while not the toughest cat certainly no embellisher, strong enough to break a stick has the guy crumpled on the ice.

Z holds the punk accountable and gets a 2 minute instigator, 5 fight, AND 10 misconduct while the original transgression goes unpunished. With 2 f'n refs out there!!!

Pathetic!

F'n Montreal!

Still got the refs in the hip pocket.

A two hand crosscheck to Seguin, while not the toughest cat certainly no embellisher, strong enough to break a stick has the guy crumpled on the ice.

Z holds the punk accountable and gets a 2 minute instigator, 5 fight, AND 10 misconduct while the original transgression goes unpunished. With 2 f'n refs out there!!!

Pathetic!

Absolutely agree. Julien said it best after the game and kudos to him for essentially blasting Montreal and the refs. You lose your best D-man for almost a full period when you should have been on the powerplay.

If the refs call the original penalty, Chara doesn't have to respond the way he did. That being said, I was fine with Chara taking exception and blasting the little bitch.

I was also fine with Chara getting the extra 2 for instigating. But the 10 minute misconduct was a bit much all things considered. He is the captain. He's expected to police that sh!t if the refs don't and apparently the refs were asleep at the wheel.

Both the tying goal and game winner were scored while Chara was still sitting in the box during the final 10 minutes of penalty time. Ridiculous.

The loss of the 2 pts is irrelevant. We're still holding 3 games in hand.

The benefit of Z rag dolling that byatch pays dividends far beyond 2 pts.

I just can't wait for a playoff rematch. That team isn't built the way we are, which IMO is going to limit their playoff success chance. It's a different game then.

Back