OT: File This Under -- "OMFG & WTF, Ovah"

only you, O_P_T :archive: can bring the sanity of cool, rational scientific analysis to an otherwise insane topic :kisss:

Full disclosure. I've mentioned in other threads that my wife has had a full menagerie of all sorts of different critters through the years, and rabbits have been one of the mainstays.

At times we've had over 100 of them and so I fully sympathize with the Swedes on this one.

Something else that occurred to me.

The rule of thumb is that 10% of what any animal eats gets converted to body mass.

Since rabbits eat green plants, and green plants absorb CO2, they could be claiming a pretty hefty carbon credit for burning the rabbits.

Of course I think carbon credits are silly, but it wouldn't surprise me that they would claim more than the BTU output of the rabbits as an offset.

For some "green" advocates, supposed offsets are more important than the energy produced.

Something else that occurred to me.

The rule of thumb is that 10% of what any animal eats gets converted to body mass.

Since rabbits eat green plants, and green plants absorb CO2, they could be claiming a pretty hefty carbon credit for burning the rabbits.

Of course I think carbon credits are silly, but it wouldn't surprise me that they would claim more than the BTU output of the rabbits as an offset.

For some "green" advocates, supposed offsets are more important than the energy produced.
does this mean that if I eat a whole bunch of bananas the (and I use the term lightly here) body mass of my maleness banana will increase exponentially? :grovel::grovel:

does this mean that if I eat a whole bunch of bananas the (and I use the term lightly here) body mass of my maleness banana will increase exponentially? :grovel::grovel:

Yes, but unfortunately the exponent will be only slightly more than one. (~1.0415)

Back