OT: Joey Porter has something to say to George Bush

ladypatsfan

Reaction score
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
PORTER PLANNING TO GIVE THE PREZ A PIECE OF HIS MIND
Steelers linebacker Joey Porter is looking forward to the team's visit to the White House on June 2 in celebration of their Super Bowl victory.

But not for the reasons that most folks anticipate a visit to the place when the President lives and works.

"Yeah, I got something to say to [George] Bush, I'm going to have a swagger when I walk in there, too," Porter said. "I'm looking forward to it. I have something to tell him, too. I don't like the way things are running right now. I feel like he has to give me some of my money back, so I got something to tell Bush."

Even if Porter is mildly exaggerating or completely kidding, it's not the kind of attempt humor that the men and women of the Secret Service ordinarily regard as funny. Our guess is that, at a minimum, Porter will get a stern talking to from someone in authority regarding his stated plans and, depending on what Porter says in response, he might not receive the requisite clearance to attend.

Or maybe he'll say all the right things in advance and then try to make a scene when he gets there. But the thing that Porter, who already has been shot once in his life, needs to keep in mind is that the folks in the Secret Service will be aiming a little higher than his ass if he crosses the line in the presence of the President.

Better still, perhaps Porter can display the area of his prior wound to Bush, a la Forrest Gump and LBJ.

I must admit, I get a huge grin at the thought of seeing Porter dragged out of the Whitehouse by his hair.

Moebius said:
I must admit, I get a huge grin at the thought of seeing Porter dragged out of the Whitehouse by his hair.

LMFAO!! ROFL
Now I can't get that picture out of my head.

ladypatsfan said:
PORTER PLANNING TO GIVE THE PREZ A PIECE OF HIS MIND

Steelers linebacker Joey Porter is looking forward to the team's visit to the White House on June 2 in celebration of their Super Bowl victory.

But not for the reasons that most folks anticipate a visit to the place when the President lives and works.

"Yeah, I got something to say to [George] Bush, I'm going to have a swagger when I walk in there, too," Porter said. "I'm looking forward to it. I have something to tell him, too. I don't like the way things are running right now. I feel like he has to give me some of my money back, so I got something to tell Bush."
go ahead Joey.....

Aaron will kick your ass all the way down Pennsylvania Avenue

Re: Re: OT: Joey Porter has something to say to George Bush

dashoe said:
Porter is a multi millionaire. Someone needs to fill him in on the tax cuts Bush has passed since he has been in office. He's gotten PLENTY of money back from Bush.

Wow, you are on a roll dashoe!!!!!!!!!! :eek: That's 2 posts in a row.

Not surprised that Joey Porter's opening his yap trap again. :rolleyes: Does seem hypocritical of him, but nonetheless I like it. :thumb:

dashoe said:
Porter is a multi millionaire. Someone needs to fill him in on the tax cuts Bush has passed since he has been in office. He's gotten PLENTY of money back from Bush.

Higher tax bracket, genius. He pays not only more taxes, but a higher percentage of tax money than you do. I do to.

The thought of Joey Porter giving the President of the United States a rash of shit is HYSTERICAL. ROFL
It's too bad the potential for hilarity with jocks visiting the White House is never realized.

"Yeah, I got something to say to [George] Bush, I'm going to have a swagger when I walk in there, too," Porter said.

He won't be doing much swaggering after Dick Cheney shoots him in the ass....

dropKickMurphy said:
my thoughts exactly, I was wondering who would point out Joey is an experienced target and Cheney is an experienced hunter

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

PORTER BACKTRACKS ON BUSH COMMENTS

Steelers linebacker Joey Porter has "clarified" his recent comments regarding his plans for the team's June 2 visit to the White House.

On Sunday, Porter said, "Yeah, I got something to say to [George] Bush, I'm going to have a swagger when I walk in there, too. I'm looking forward to it. I have something to tell him, too. I don't like the way things are running right now. I feel like he has to give me some of my money back, so I got something to tell Bush."

Not surprisingly, Porter is now singing a different tune.

"I regret that my quotes about our team’s upcoming visit to the White House were taken out of context," Porter said in a prepared statement. "I am very excited to have an opportunity to visit the White House and meet the president of the United States. During a lighthearted session with the media, I did joke with them about meeting Uncle Sam and FICA. I did not say that I disapproved of President Bush or the job he has done leading our country. We will be guests of the president and I would never do anything to disrespect him. I consider our upcoming trip an honor and a dream come true. Our entire team is looking forward to visiting the White House and enjoying what promises to be the opportunity of a lifetime."

Said one league insider in response to the quotes attributed to Porter: "He couldn't even read this statement much less write it."

Of course, it's easy for Porter to blame the media for (God forbid) repeating his words verbatim. Though some accounts made sure to mention that Porter was laughing loudly when he made the remarks, we explained on Monday that the folks hired to protect the President won't see the humor.

Really, does it take a genius to figure that there are certain things that shouldn't be said, even in jest? We don't have the time to compile the full list, but we have a feeling that "I'm going to talk **** at the President when I go to his crib" falls somewhere between "Stewardess, can I have a pillow to set this bomb on?" and "Honey, I've got the herpes" on the official ranking of statements uttered in jest that won't draw much laughter.

Then again, should we expect anything else from Porter? As one league source recently said: "He is so f--king dumb and to have him as a mouthpiece for the team is unbelievable."

dropKickMurphy said:
That's not the anatomical region where the Vice President generally shoots people.

--James

Back