OT: Mr Spock is an Objectavist, and Dr McCoy is a Altruist.

groganfan

Troll killer
Reaction score
Discuss.

snl101myersrichman010704.jpg

too bad i can't redo my topic. i'm full aware i mispelled objectivist and then butchered english grammar.

I thought Spock and Kirk were gay.

Anyways... They're supposed to be sides of a person, I think. Spock = logic, McCoy = emotion, Kirk = strength and balance. That's why they made a good trio.

Anyways... They're supposed to be sides of a person, I think. Spock = logic, McCoy = emotion, Kirk = strength and balance. That's why they made a good trio.

There were far more layers to that space opera than I thought.

:eek:

kirk is a womanizer. you're taking kirk out of his era making that assumption.

Clark (Scott Winters): I was just hoping you might give me some insight into the evolution of the market economy in the southern colonies. My contention is that prior to the Revolutionary War, the economic modalities, especially in the southern colonies, could most aptly be characterized as agrarian precapitalism...
Chuckie (Ben Affleck): Let me tell you something, all right...
Will: (interrupting) Of course that is your contention...
Clark: Hold on a second...
Will: You're a first year grad student. You just got finished reading some Marxian Historian, Pete Garrison probably. You're gonna' be convinced of that until next month when you get to James Lemon, then you're gonna' be talking about how the economies of Virginia and Pennsylvania were entrepreneurial and capitalist way back in 1740. That's gonna' last until next year, you're gonna' be in here regurgitating Gordon Wood, talking about ya know, the Pre-Revolutionary utopia and the capital forming effects of military mobilization.
Clark: Well, as a matter of fact I won't because Wood drastically underestimates the impact of social...
Will: (interrupting) Wood drastically... Wood drastically underestimates the impact of social distinctions predicated upon wealth, especially inherited wealth. You got that from Vickers. "Work in Essex County", page 98, right? Yeah, I read that too. Were you going to plagiarize the whole thing for us? Do you have any thoughts of your own on this matter? Or do you, is that you thing, you come into a bar, you read some obscure passage, and then pretend, you pawn it off as your own, as your own idea just to impress some girl and embarrass my friend? You see, the sad thing about a guy like you is that in 50 years, you're gonna start doing some thinking on your own and you're gonna come up with the fact that there are two certainties in life. One: don't do that. And two: you dropped a 150 grand on a ****in' education you could have gotten for a dollar fifty in late charges at the public library.
Clark: Yeah, but I will have the degree, and you'll be serving my kids fries at a drive thru on our way to a skiing trip.
Will: (laughing) Yeah, maybe, but at least I won't be unoriginal.

"The radical reconstruction of the South after the Civil War was neither radical nor a reconstruction. Discuss."
"The Holy Roman Empire was neither holy nor Roman nor an empire. Discuss." (This quote is based on a famous comment by Voltaire.)
"The peanut is neither a pea nor a nut. Discuss."
"Ralph Fiennes is spelled neither rafe nor fines. Discuss."
"Duran Duran is neither a Duran nor a Duran. Discuss."
"Rhode Island is neither a road nor is it an island. Discuss."
"The Thighmaster is neither a thigh nor a master. Discuss."
"The Progressive Era was neither progressive nor an era. Discuss."
"Did Truman drop the bomb on the Japanese to end the war or to scare the hell out of the Russians? Discuss."
"The Mormon Tabernacle Choir is neither Mormon nor a tabernacle nor a choir. Discuss."
"The New Deal was neither new nor was it a deal. Discuss."
"The Romanesque Church design was based on the Roman Basilica. Discuss."

Kirk, Spock, and McCoy were based on the three ranking officers from Forbidden Planet, which in turn was based on Shakespear's The Tempest.

Back