OT: Official College Basketball Thread

just curious but is he hated everywhere as much as he is in syracuse? I'm going to the SU Notre Dame game on the 17th and I expect nothing but a chorus of 30,000 boos if Vitale is introduced. Outside of the ACC I can't see him being very popular.

Some of my friends here like him; I dont because of his ballwashing ways of the ACC. Ah is ESPN doing that game?

I agree with you though I am sure he is a nice person, but he has to be one of the most biased media people on the air.

I know we've got one for FB, and I searched for BB but didn't see one. :eek:

As crappy as some of my seasons have been going lately (other than hockey) I'm going to take this time to relish in my BB seasons. Even if they don't last, and the teams tank, at least I've got this moment.

Today...

Michigan (RANKED 23!!!!!)/Illini - 74-64 (you have no idea how much fricken ass Illini crap I've had to listen to the past few years :Eason: ) - Not to mention earlier victories over Duke and UCLA :eek:

BC/UNC - 85-78

So while FB season left me in tears, BB season may just turn out better. And I know I'm chancing jinxing them just by thinking it, but my God.... Mich could just end up in a post-season tourney, and one that doesn't include the initials NIT!!!!!!! :eek:

Well then we'll have to chat after Feb 7th when you guys come to Gampel and play UCONN (it's on ESPN, 6:00pm)

notre dame's bounce back last night put them back in the grand scheme of things

march madness is one of my favorite times of the year, i love it better than the nba ;)

I have the same issues with March Madness that I have with the SB.

A bunch of people who don't follow the sport come out of the woodwork and turn it into some sort of social event. :shake:

Not to mention... It just solidifies my stance on no playoff in college FB. Some lowly team gets in, gets lucky and pulls an upset, then gets ousted in the next round, while a team that is more deserving is gone.

I used NIU as a good example this season... If there were playoffs.... 6-6, they get lucky, teams don't come out against them, whatever, and somehow they manage to make it through the playoffs and win the Championship game. Does that make them the best team in the country? Hell f'in no!

The great thing about the current bowl system... It's not based on a lucky game in the playoffs. You get rewarded for an entire season of work. And based on that you play your own little "championship" game.

I have the same issues with March Madness that I have with the SB.

A bunch of people who don't follow the sport come out of the woodwork and turn it into some sort of social event. :shake:

Not to mention... It just solidifies my stance on no playoff in college FB. Some lowly team gets in, gets lucky and pulls an upset, then gets ousted in the next round, while a team that is more deserving is gone.

I used NIU as a good example this season... If there were playoffs.... 6-6, they get lucky, teams don't come out against them, whatever, and somehow they manage to make it through the playoffs and win the Championship game. Does that make them the best team in the country? Hell f'in no!

The great thing about the current bowl system... It's not based on a lucky game in the playoffs. You get rewarded for an entire season of work. And based on that you play your own little "championship" game.

Why shouldnt team have a shot? If that lowly small conference school who won their division, earned their way into the big dance why is it luck? Because they played better than Michigan or Pitt etc? No I say they won the game because they played with more heart. In college football which is the worst ever system in regards to "national COMPUTER title". You going to tell me that Utah who demolished the number 1 ranked team for the majority of the year isnt as good as Florida or Oklahoma? Oh thats right you are going to concede to a computer to say that...

College BB blows football out of the atmosphere

Why shouldnt team have a shot? If that lowly small conference school who won their division, earned their way into the big dance why is it luck? Because they played better than Michigan or Pitt etc? No I say they won the game because they played with more heart. In college football which is the worst ever system in regards to "national COMPUTER title". You going to tell me that Utah who demolished the number 1 ranked team for the majority of the year isnt as good as Florida or Oklahoma? Oh thats right you are going to concede to a computer to say that...

College BB blows football out of the atmosphere

No, I'm going to say that if the Utes had the schedule that Bama or Florida or OU had, they wouldn't even be sniffing the top 25.

And because they beat a bunch of San Jose St and New Mexicos then pull an upset in a bowl game, does not make them the #1 team in the country. When they play a real schedule, against real teams, and are just as worn out and exhausted at the end of the season as the big boys then they can be discussed as a legitimate team. Until then, they play a weak ass schedule, which is the ONLY reason they were undefeated in the first place.

You have boxer 1 in the ring against a bunch of champions. Opponent after opponent they get the crap beat out of them, but they come out on top, albeit, completely fricken exhausted.

Then you have boxer 2 in the ring against a bunch of junior boxers. Opponent after opponent they just beat the crap out of the little guys, barely breaking a sweat.

Now boxer 1 and boxer 2 square off. Boxer 1, although he's won bout after bout, is completely fricken exhausted and can barely stand, while Boxer 2 is full of energy after making his way through a weaker division. Now, Boxer 2 ends up beating Boxer 1 because, basically, Boxer 1 has been to hell and back, and is prime for a beating.

Now, does that make boxer 2 better than boxer 1??

If boxer 2 had been up against the same boxers as boxer 1 he would have been KO after at least the 2nd match. But of course, because he was up against a bunch of weaklings, he wins.

Until Boxer 2 faces the same boxers as Boxer 1, and THEN beats Boxer 1, Boxer 2 does not deserve to be in the same ring with Boxer 1.

So :p

So what you are saying is if the NCAA champion is not a Big East team, its a farce! gotcha ;)

People trash the college football ranking.... Please, BB is a fricken joke

What team would you rate higher???

Here's a hint... Both teams are in the same conference. One team is not ranked, the other is ranked #14. Which is which?

Team 1

Detroit W 82-50
Eastern Mich W 87-58
Loyola W 78-46
Coppin State W 66-46
vs. BC W 71-64
vs. OKLA (11) L 87-82 OT
DUKE (4) L 76-60
Arkansas Pine Bluff W 90-42
@ BALL W 68-39
ISU W 76-62
Davidson (22)W 76-58
IPFW W 70-55
Valparaiso W 59-45
Illinois L 71-67 OT
@ Penn St L 67-64

OVR - 11-4 Conf. 0-2

Ranked 10th in their conference

Team 2

Mich Tech W 77-55
Northeastern W 76-56
vs. UCLA (4) W 55-52
vs. DUKE (10) L 71-56
Norfolk St W 83-49
Savannah St W 66-64 OT
@ Maryland L 75-70
DUKE (4) W 81-73
Eastern Mich W 91-60
vs. Oakland W 89-76
Fla Gulf Coast W 76-59
N.C. Central W 77-57
WIS L 73-61
ILL W 74-64

OVR - 11-3 Conf - 1-1

Ranked 7th in their Conference

Wow, Boston College beats # 1 UNC on the road and returns home to Chestnut Hill tonight and loses to Harvard. What a EFFED up day up on the Heights overall.

The great North Carolina lost again and only dropped 2 spots! amazing what a crock of shit

Back