Patriots All-Access

BradyGirl

Reaction score
Thought I'd start a thread for any comments or tidbits of info gleaned from this show. In-house production but fun! :)

The 9/6/19 show for Week 1 featured a look back at the banner raisings, juxtaposed with the entertainment featured for the ceremony. Very cool!

I really enjoyed the inside look at the ring ceremony. There was a short scene with Tom and BB standing by the six trophies and pretty much saying they couldn't have done it without each other, obviously trying to deflect all the rumors of trouble between them.

Another fun bit was the McCourty twins' mom so happy that both her boys have rings now, and they won them together.

In the last segment, Paul Perillo and Mike Reiss were talking with Ron Burton and Perillo said he'd received an e-mail from a Steelers fans calling the banner raising in front of the Steelers "disrespectful". Oh, sensitive Steelers fans! :D

Thought I'd start a thread for any comments or tidbits of info gleaned from this show. In-house production but fun! :)

The 9/6/19 show for Week 1 featured a look back at the banner raisings, juxtaposed with the entertainment featured for the ceremony. Very cool!

I really enjoyed the inside look at the ring ceremony. There was a short scene with Tom and BB standing by the six trophies and pretty much saying they couldn't have done it without each other, obviously trying to deflect all the rumors of trouble between them.

Another fun bit was the McCourty twins' mom so happy that both her boys have rings now, and they won them together.

In the last segment, Paul Perillo and Mike Reiss were talking with Ron Burton and Perillo said he'd received an e-mail from a Steelers fans calling the banner raising in front of the Steelers "disrespectful". Oh, sensitive Steelers fans! :D

I've had it on auto record for years. I haven't watched the whole episode yet, but did see the ring ceremony.

My favorite part during the season is the game recaps followed by Zo and BB discussing the game.

I've had it on auto record for years. I haven't watched the whole episode yet, but did see the ring ceremony.

My favorite part during the season is the game recaps followed by Zo and BB discussing the game.

You can learn so much when BB speaks! :)

The show is starting its 25th season. I try to catch it every week. I especially like the previous game recap and player profiles. The interviews are pretty good. :patriotlogo:

It's a good show. The Bellestrator is always worth watching. Perillo and Reiss is always good towards the end as well.

9/13/19 show for Week 2: Miami Dolphins.

Three highlights:

1) A look back at the banner ceremony. Who can't get enough of that? :)

2) A look back at rare wins in Miami. Remember Troy Brown's TD in overtime? :D

3) The Antonio Brown signing and the lawsuit. They didn't dwell on it but didn't ignore it, either.

My power went out just as the show started recording. Will have to watch it another way.

9/20/19 for Week 3 (New York Jets)

I really had fun watching the game recap of the Miami win. :D

9/27/19 for Week 4 (Buffalo Bills)

The Ja'Whaun Bentley profile was very good. The guy and his family have had it rough with being homeless. Glad that is no longer the case.

10/4/19 for Week 5 (Washington Redskins)

Matthew Slater was interviewed this week. Always a class act and always looks cute in his glasses! :wink:

<i>20 Years of Tom & Bill</i> looked back at AV throwing a touchdown pass to Troy Brown at the goal line in 2004 against the Rams. Great moment! ROFL

There was a segment on feeding the Patriots. A nutritionist, Ted Harper, had served the same role with the military and now is with the Patriots. Back in the day, the training table consisted of red meat, white bread, potato chips...a far cry from today!

The Pats prepare over a hundred pounds of seafood and veggies and 145 pounds of poultry plus 172 pounds of red meat. I think they said per day. My memory is Swiss cheese right now because of meds, but I'll take fuzzy over pain-riddled any day.

Okay, I just finished re-watching the food segment for this week.

Meals are served 3 times a day at the beginning of the year and 4-5 times a day during training camp. Meals are served 4 times a day during the season.

Stats are pounds per week (I took notes this time, like BB on the sidelines):

Seafood: 160
Vegetables: 145
Poultry: 475
Red Meat: 172

I also noticed no locker room footage this week as you usually get after a win. Was Brady so upset at the offense's performance that he threw a helmet? :)

Meals are served 3 times a day at the beginning of the year and 4-5 times a day during training camp. Meals are served 4 times a day during the season.

I also noticed no locker room footage this week as you usually get after a win. Was Brady so upset at the offense's performance that he threw a helmet? :)

Heard it on tape:

Slater: "How do we feel about playing like shit an still winning?
Team: OHHHHH hell

I enjoy those behind the scenes segments. It’s amazing how much extra the Krafts invest in the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I enjoy those behind the scenes segments. It’s amazing how much extra the Krafts invest in the team.

Little wonder that Corey Dillon was gobsmacked when he joined the Patriots and saw the training table. Cheapo Cincy probably featured PB&J on their menu. :wink:

It was initially done in reaction to the Sullivans and Kiam's bologna sandwiches (although in the Sullivans defense, virtually EVERYONE associated with the team or the stadium got an AFC Championship ring). And over time, it's proven to be a small investment that has gone a long way - much like having their own plane.

Young players on other teams talk a lot of shit, until they actually hear/see about how the Patriots operate.

It was initially done in reaction to the Sullivans and Kiam's bologna sandwiches (although in the Sullivans defense, virtually EVERYONE associated with the team or the stadium got an AFC Championship ring). And over time, it's proven to be a small investment that has gone a long way - much like having their own plane.

Young players on other teams talk a lot of shit, until they actually hear/see about how the Patriots operate.

Very true. I can somewhat understand that teams operated on a shoestring budget back in the 60's - 80's when teams were family owned and money was not limitless. But with the amount of money flowing through today's NFL, the vast wealth of all the owners, and the amount of money being spent on player contracts, there's no excuse not invest in the "small" things to keep those athletes happy and, more importantly, healthy.

It would be like buying a Lamborghini and putting donut tires on the vehicle.

10/9/19 for Week 6 (New York Giants)

I always love the game recap. The scenes on the sidelines are always interesting to watch.

They interviewed Ryan Izzo this week. Boy, does he look young! No wonder he's been a little shaky so far.

11/3/03: BB opts to deliberately take a safety, Tom drives for a TD, and Pats win over Broncos in Denver! Great look back. :celebrate:

I enjoyed the scenes of the trip to Israel. It must be quite a thing to stand where the Biblical stories took place.

10/9/19 for Week 6 (New York Giants)

I always love the game recap. The scenes on the sidelines are always interesting to watch.

They interviewed Ryan Izzo this week. Boy, does he look young! No wonder he's been a little shaky so far.

11/3/03: BB opts to deliberately take a safety, Tom drives for a TD, and Pats win over Broncos in Denver! Great look back. :celebrate:

I enjoyed the scenes of the trip to Israel. It must be quite a thing to stand where the Biblical stories took place.

My mother thought Izzo was a high school player. He's a true baby face.

My mother thought Izzo was a high school player. He's a true baby face.

He's only 23. He's played in 3 games; give him time.

RI.png

Back