Patriots...Best WR's In The NFL.

Oh yeah. I mean technically we did not know what Moss was even going to be. A lot of people said he was done when he got traded there.

True. Before being traded to the Pats, Moss didn't have more than 60 receptions or more than 1000 yards in 3 years. Compare that to AB who has had a minimum of 100/1300 and 8 TDs/year in his previous 6 seasons. It's pretty easy to why BB signed AB.

I wonder if the love of football is coming back to Gronk today. Think of all the room he'd have with those guys on the field.

McGinest posted a picture of Gronk taken at Gillette yesterday and captioned it with something to the effect that big news is coming tomorrow on a comeback for the Patriots.

ED51ftiWkAAYyyd

This is like Christmas!

Sure, he has lower numbers but Edelman is the only SB MVP. :coffee:

ED51ftiWkAAYyyd

This is like Christmas!

Sure, he has lower numbers but Edelman is the only SB MVP. :coffee:

But there's still only so many passes to go around. It will be very interesting to see how the offense morphs. I've assumed they will be run heavy, but with AB, perhaps they shift.

The runs will be there because we know teams will have to go 5-6 DB's. Very interesting going forward.

While I'm not much of a Butt reader, but I did read it. I took it to mean,"but I'm saying it (COULD HAPPEN) anyway. IE YOU SAID IT!

ROFL

Cheers, :toast:

Do I need a law degree to understand this? (or perhaps I'm just being dense).

:shrug:

While I'm not much of a Butt reader, I did read it. I took it to mean,"but I'm saying it (COULD HAPPEN) anyway. IE YOU SAID IT!

ROFL

Cheers, :toast:

And...:wink:

---------- Post added at 07:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 AM ----------

Do I need a law degree to understand this? (or perhaps I'm just being dense).

:shrug:

It means you're saying 19-0 without actually saying 19-0...

This team could really do it...

But...if it happens, it happens.

Just as long as it doesn't get "jinxed"...

And...:wink:

---------- Post added at 07:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 AM ----------

It means you're saying 19-0 without actually saying 19-0...

This team could really do it...

But...if it happens, it happens.

Just as long as it doesn't get "jinxed"...

Thanks for putting it in English, councelor. :coffee:

cheers

Doug Kyed's take on how Brown may fit in

It took a while, but now Brown might be where he wanted to end up all along. But he’s entering a complex offense when the Patriots will be one week into the regular season. It’s unlikely Brown will put up his regular gaudy stats in less than ideal circumstances despite the talent all around him on offense.

It also could take Brown a while to learn that Patriots offense. So, Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels might need to simplify things for the team’s new star wide receiver.

Brown does fit well with fellow projected starters Julian Edelman and Josh Gordon. Edelman usually splits his snaps between the slot and outside. Edelman likely will take on a bigger role in the slot than he ever has throughout his NFL career. Brown and Gordon can play in the slot, but they don’t do it regularly.

Think of Brown as being Deion Branch with a turbo boost. Brown likely will play the Z receiver role with Gordon in the X and Edelman in the slot. It’s a receiving corps with unbelievable potential that might even rival groups like Randy Moss, Cris Carter and Jake Reed with the late-90s Minnesota Vikings. It’s also a volatile group, and Brown will need to curb his selfishness to fit in.

Back