Patriots' Special Teams

Roberto71

Reaction score
Deserves a thread on it's own.

The Ryan Allen punt was HUGE. A major play when we were 3-0 down and could have given up bad field position. But his punt just went and went and went.....the receiver was back-pedalling fast than Trent Dilfer on the Patriots.

Matt Slater again made plays, Danny's run back, Ghost again doing the business.

So Scott O'Brien and all the players on special teams, this Bud's for you. :wave:

I'm glad someone else started this thread cuz I'm in the thread doghouse. :(

But, I LOVES me some special teams. If I was ever a football coach I think I'd be a teams coach.

I love Ghost, I PRAY to God we can keep him after this year.

Allen had an amazing first punt today, but followed it up with a crappy one.

Allen is excellent at fielding bad snaps. The one on his big punt was off a one-hopper from the LS.
Posted via Mobile Device

We should have had another PR TD. Chung did a stupid block behind the back penalty.

Good thing is, these guys might not get huge attention from fans and media, but Belichick will have those guys on a level with any other player on Offense and Defense. We all know what a ST exponent he is.

ST could be a major factor in pushing to another SB win.....

Arrington OK? I had to break from the game for a short while right after he was laying down, and then forgot to look for him again to see if he was OK.

Major props to our STers this year, for sure! :toast:

Good thing is, these guys might not get huge attention from fans and media, but Belichick will have those guys on a level with any other player on Offense and Defense. We all know what a ST exponent he is.

ST could be a major factor in pushing to another SB win.....

They have 5 of the best "ST Only" players in the league (Slater, Jones, Ebner, Bolden, Casillas).

That's a coach and GM that gets it.

Arrington OK? I had to break from the game for a short while right after he was laying down, and then forgot to look for him again to see if he was OK.

Yeah, he came back in.

They have 5 of the best "ST Only" players in the league (Slater, Jones, Ebner, Bolden, Casillas).

That's a coach and GM that gets it.

Yeah, he came back in.

I saw Casillas playing with the starting defense today . He made a few nice plays

The Raydez may be a basket case, but they had two of the best for many years in Janikowski and Shane Lechler. Kept them in many a game.

Even though Edelman's return TD was negated, I think it deflated the Lions nonetheless.

I was at the game yesterday. Absolute perfect day for football all around. I have to say that punt was outstanding. After 2 straight 3 and outs and in danger of losing the field position battle, that punt turned the field back in the Patriots favor. On the next series after the Lions 3 and out, the Pats scored a TD

Amendola had a nice return too giving the offense excellent field position. Had it not been for a block in the back, another punt return for a TD

The Defense really brought it yesterday. I'm really happy with the way this team is playing right now.

I was at the game yesterday. Absolute perfect day for football all around. I have to say that punt was outstanding. After 2 straight 3 and outs and in danger of losing the field position battle, that punt turned the field back in the Patriots favor. On the next series after the Lions 3 and out, the Pats scored a TD

Amendola had a nice return too giving the offense excellent field position. Had it not been for a block in the back, another punt return for a TD

The Defense really brought it yesterday. I'm really happy with the way this team is playing right now.

I'd love to have seen that punt in the flesh, it was a thing of beauty.

The amazing part about the punt was the snap was low and he caught it on a one hop. The coverage on that punt was outstanding too as sometimes you can out kick the coverage and there really wasn't a return on that punt either. :D

The Patriots clearly cheated on that 65 yard punt. I call for an investigation and thorough inspection of each and every game ball used yesterday

Back