Patriots Unlikely To Pursue QB Michael Vick

-Scar-

Decimate this account, please. Thanks.
Reaction score
340x.jpg

As the landscape for Michael Vick’s future takes shape, sources tell Michael Lombardi of the National Football Post that one team that won’t be interested is the New England Patriots. Many have felt that Vick might be an option in New England, but he's told that the scheme and the lack of potential to become an eventual starter aren’t suitable to him.

Source: National Football Post

So that should officially be the end of that rumor. How bout Vick to Cleveland?

A little over 2 weeks. Good job. Your "newz" is more worthless than PFT.

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=46394&highlight=michael+vick+patriots

There's been a theory making the rounds in the media that the New England Patriots could be a perfect destination for former Falcons quarterback Mike Vick. We're now hearing that there could be something to the chatter, primarily since it's appearing more and more likely that Vick won't have many/any options to compete for the every-down quarterback job in 2009. Of course, this would require coach Bill Belichick to be willing to sign Vick to a one-year deal.

Source: SportingNews.com

How many more of these threads do we need? Really.

The Patriots are not signing Michael Vick, from a purely practical standpoint.

1) He's not going to be a QB
2) He wouldn't get on the field as a RB/WR
3) The Patriots don't run Wildcat because they don't need a gimmick to make a first down
4) Even if for whatever reason they couldn't make first downs; why would the Patriots ever take the best player off the field?
5) The only way he'd even make the team would be as a gunner on the punt team or as a backup returner.
6) Vick won't sign for the Vet Minimum when he's used to making $10mil+ a year.
7) Vick won't be content sitting on the bench.

As the landscape for Michael Vick’s future takes shape, sources tell Michael Lombardi of the National Football Post that one team that won’t be interested is the New England Patriots. Many have felt that Vick might be an option in New England, but he's told that the scheme and the lack of potential to become an eventual starter aren’t suitable to him.

Source: National Football Post

Seriously. Enough.

He would make a decent nickle back. Maybe even fill in and return a kick or two.

Think he would play for league minimum?:huh:

I never heard any talk about Vick coming to the Pats...ever. Why the hell would anyone think that? We have the best QB in the NFL.

Is this new news everyone already knew that we don't need Vick In New england.

Lisa Olson
Zeke Mowat
Clive Rush
Reggie Dupard
Keith Sims
Michael Bishop
Marc Wilson
Upton Bell
Joe Kapp
and then there was
Michael Vick

OMG I must admit that I am shocked by this news. eeek

but he's told that the scheme and the lack of potential to become an eventual starter aren’t suitable to him.

I'm sure Bill was devastated to hear this. :crying: :***: :crying:

There goes the 2009 season. :sulk:

Can he rush the passer? :coffee:

Back