Patriots vs Steelers Week 14

Losing doesn't help them get anywhere but more losses, to me. But it's all good, everybody can see what they'd like to. Nothing is objectively right or wrong with it comes to that I think.. I mean Young or Stroud? The high picks aren't assured to be great and aren't worth tanking for, imo.
Stroud was absolutely worth the Texans season last year.

Stroud was absolutely worth the Texans season last year.
In retrospect, sure, but nothing is assured, winning culture has me wanting wins, not higher picks. It's just a different perspective and I'm okay with that. I don't think the tank people are WRONG, I just don't AGREE. Wins matter, I want those. That's just how I'm built.

Awesome Will Ferrell GIF

Boring games against awful teams like the Giants are the ones you don’t wanna win. Humiliating a contending Steelers team on a nationally televised game, with Zappe embarrassing their defense in the first half? Don’t care if you’re for the tank, you gotta love a win like that

Boring games against awful teams like the Giants are the ones you don’t wanna win. Humiliating a contending Steelers team on a nationally televised game, with Zappe embarrassing their defense in the first half? Don’t care if you’re for the tank, you gotta love a win like that
Exactly this.

Patriots still have the 2nd pick spot by the way, since Arizona beat Dallas.

yeah for now, until the weekend plays out. I get it, wins are nice, they are like a shot of caffeine. I don't want to watch a losing team week in and week out. If they had a QB, and they were 2-10 I would still be wanting them to get the best pick they can to trade or draft. They are playing a very dangerous game with a supposed lame duck HC and staff. A team with the first overall pick and 100 mill in cap space is a very attractive to many HC's.

yeah for now, until the weekend plays out. I get it, wins are nice, they are like a shot of caffeine. I don't want to watch a losing team week in and week out. If they had a QB, and they were 2-10 I would still be wanting them to get the best pick they can to trade or draft. They are playing a very dangerous game with a supposed lame duck HC and staff. A team with the first overall pick and 100 mill in cap space is a very attractive to many HC's.
Did you watch the 2nd half? They tried. It's actually not their fault that the Steelers suck that badly.

Brady was 199. Wes Welker was undrafted. Julian was a 7th round pick. Winning culture begets wins. Tanking doesn't, in my opinion. Hunter said the same as my thinking tonight after the game. They needed this win. Needed it for what? The culture, the confidence, the future of the franchise. They needed to remember what it feels like to WIN against a good team in front of a prime time audience. They want to WIN. That's a team I'd want to go to in the draft, regardless of what pick.

Brady was 199. Wes Welker was undrafted. Julian was a 7th round pick. Winning culture begets wins. Tanking doesn't, in my opinion. Hunter said the same as my thinking tonight after the game. They needed this win. Needed it for what? The culture, the confidence, the future of the franchise. They needed to remember what it feels like to WIN against a good team in front of a prime time audience. They want to WIN. That's a team I'd want to go to in the draft, regardless of what pick.
Brady was an enigma as there are always outliers. That feeling of winning, isn't going to matter in January when the season is over and the reality of the situation hits them. As I said before I am either all in or all out. To me there is no middle ground. Is that extreme? Probably. Right now it's out..it ain't great but thats what it is.

Brady was an enigma as there are always outliers. That feeling of winning, isn't going to matter in January when the season is over and the reality of the situation hits them. As I said before I am either all in or all out. To me there is no middle ground. Is that extreme? Probably. Right now it's out..it ain't great but thats what it is.
I get what you mean, I honestly do. I'm just as delusional as Brady. Would Brady ever tank, EVER? No. Win, at the expense of all things. Win. That's what made them great when they were. It was rough when they fell short even when Brady was here, but the seasons that many teams would have tanked ended up much better than that with Brady as the QB, because conceding wasn't in his nature. Losing to gain was not even a thought. Those seasons where they lost but tried lead to the later Superbowls, because the attitude of winning remained. The Pats have to find that without Brady, and there is no Tank that will restore that boon to them. They must fight through and rediscover the mentality of winning.

Back