Pats at Broncos: Conference Championship Game Thread

I'm excited about the D.....They will have a nice number to work with financially.....but I think there is a short list of free agent WR that are willing to come here because of the questionable QB situation

D was not your issue this year, and if there is one thing Rex can do its coach a defense. Basically and I can relate, there is a lack of weapons and playmakers on your offensive side of the ball, that would do wonders.

D was not your issue this year, and if there is one thing Rex can do its coach a defense. Basically and I can relate, there is a lack of weapons and playmakers on your offensive side of the ball, that would do wonders.

No doubt....but as I stated....I'm really uncertain how many free agent receivers are willing to come to NY with the questionable QB situation.

[/COLOR]
No doubt....but as I stated....I'm really uncertain how many free agent receivers are willing to come to NY with the questionable QB situation.

Some players are motivated by $$$ than who they are going to be playing with.

[/COLOR]

Geno looked really awful at times, but no doubt a good receiver can help out a rookie/second year QB too.

He wasn't helped at all this whole season. (not that I mind that, of course)

The QB situation has been a disaster under Rex. I know he doesn't coach the offense, but still.

The QB situation has been a disaster under Rex. I know he doesn't coach the offense, but still.

Sometimes finding a Qb is the hardest thing to do....some teams look forever, some teams get one and never get another. Hell some think they have one and then they don't. Most of the time, teams have to build up enough in other places to overcome that.

Geno looked really awful at times, but no doubt a good receiver can help out a rookie/second year QB too.

He wasn't helped at all this whole season. (not that I mind that, of course)

Jets need to re-sign Morningwood too....they can't have a different OC for a 2nd yr QB

the offense as a whole has been sub-par at best under Rex

If I were a Jets fan, I'd be willing to give Rex a pass for the offense under Sanchez.

I mean, we're talking about an NFL QB for whom they had to design a color card system so that he'd know when to throw the ball.

Having said that, if it were Rex's decision to pick him so high in the draft back then, I'd be calling for Rex's head by now.

If I were a Jets fan, I'd be willing to give Rex a pass for the offense under Sanchez.

I mean, we're talking about an NFL QB for whom they had to design a color card system so that he'd know when to throw the ball.

Having said that, if it were Rex's decision to pick him so high in the draft back then, I'd be calling for Rex's head by now.

I do give Rex a pass for a few things. IMO, Sanchez is a pompous kid with a sense of entitlement, yet has done little to earn that. I really like an established OC (morningwood) working with Geno for hopefully a second yr in a row. Now they really need a cpl of solid receiving weapons

The QBRs have not been posted yet, but TBs will not be good. He played well in the fourth quarter when the outcome had already been decided. QBR does not reward a QB for that. I would guess something like what Rivers got last week, around a 40, and Manning will be around 95 or so. TB did not have much help, but he did not play well at all when the game was up for grabs. It happens.

You were way off. Brady was 66, which is actually pretty good, Manning was 88. It takes a lot to be 95.The outcome was already decided? When was that, if the defense makes a stop we could have got right back in. Denver won by 10 not 50. Rivers was 30 not 44....so not sure I would compare that to Brady's at 66. In the first game we played Denver, Manning's QBR was 28, Brady's was 61....

You were way off. Brady was 66, which is actually pretty good, Manning was 88. It takes a lot to be 95.The outcome was already decided? When was that, if the defense makes a stop we could have got right back in. Denver won by 10 not 50. Rivers was 30 not 44....so not sure I would compare that to Brady's at 66. In the first game we played Denver, Manning's QBR was 28, Brady's was 61....

Regular season QB vs. Post-season QB?

Regular season QB vs. Post-season QB?

No we were talking about that odd stat QBR, and why its so weird. Brady seemed to do a ton more in the regular season game, yet his playoff game was the same QBR wise....I will never figure out that thing.

Back